Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

jdm mirrors.....not fully funtional.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2002, 09:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jdm mirrors.....not fully funtional.....

Any one have any ideas how to make the driver side mirror capable of seeing more than the side of my car? Is there any power, power-folding mirrors from LHD cars?
Old 12-21-2002, 07:03 AM

Default Re: jdm mirrors.....not fully funtional..... (civcexcoupeblack)

your mirrors look like that by design. Go sit in the passanger seat and see how it looks, they do have a slight change in how the mirror is because of right handed versus left handed driving. Not too much you can do about it.
Old 12-21-2002, 05:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Any one have any ideas how to make the driver side mirror capable of seeing more than the side of my car? Is there any power, power-folding mirrors from LHD cars?
that's the beauty of jdm mirrors... you can't see too much out of them cuz they're designed to be looked at from the oppossite side.
Old 12-22-2002, 03:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Why so you can pretend like youre interested, FL/OK

Remove the mirror and replace it with a USDM mirror, it shouldn't compromise the function of the mirror in the least if you are only replacing the glass of it.
Old 12-22-2002, 07:40 PM

Default Re: jdm mirrors.....not fully funtional..... (civicdxtyper)

that's the beauty of jdm mirrors... you can't see too much out of them cuz they're designed to be looked at from the oppossite side.
not to ***** but,
mirrors are there so u can see
Old 12-22-2002, 07:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: jdm mirrors.....not fully funtional..... (SHAUNTS99)

Remove the mirror and replace it with a USDM mirror, it shouldn't compromise the function of the mirror in the least if you are only replacing the glass of it.
This does not work. If you are saying replace the JDM mirror glass with USDM mirror glass, I did it and I still can't see well out of it. It's the same as before. You just have to adjust the way you sit. If you sit in your car with the seat all the way back and reclined back as well like a stunna you wont' see jack. If you sit with the seat forward enough you can see just fine out of it.

This issue really pissed me off when I got my ek9 mirrors.
Old 12-22-2002, 07:58 PM
Don't Trust Anyone

Default Re: jdm mirrors.....not fully funtional..... (YumVTEC)

Stop whining about being a jdm *****.
Old 12-22-2002, 09:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: jdm mirrors.....not fully funtional..... (shepworldwide)

not to ***** but,
mirrors are there so u can see
in the jdm land you sit on the oppossite side of the car. as you probably know the mirrors are curved differently on oppossite sides. that affects what you can see out of them if you're sitting on the wrong side.
Old 12-22-2002, 11:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Why so you can pretend like youre interested, FL/OK
Default Re: jdm mirrors.....not fully funtional..... (YumVTEC)

This does not work. If you are saying replace the JDM mirror glass with USDM mirror glass, I did it and I still can't see well out of it. It's the same as before. You just have to adjust the way you sit. If you sit in your car with the seat all the way back and reclined back as well like a stunna you wont' see jack. If you sit with the seat forward enough you can see just fine out of it.

This issue really pissed me off when I got my ek9 mirrors.
If what you say is true then I would not of had a problem adjusting the mirror for better sight, I sit straight up. The glass for the 5gen jdm mirrors are somewhat curved, I assumed the same would be true whether it was a generation up/down, seems like no. Better luck elsewhere I assume then.
Old 06-02-2003, 08:16 AM

Default Re: jdm mirrors.....not fully funtional..... (Inigo Montoya)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Inigo Montoya &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">your mirrors look like that by design. Go sit in the passanger seat and see how it looks, they do have a slight change in how the mirror is because of right handed versus left handed driving. Not too much you can do about it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

All you have to do is swap the JDM PF motor into you USDM mounting base and its all good everything back to normal again. Yes it will take some work but I've have done it.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=522803