Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

JDM ITR steering wheel on an EK (hardcore JDM nuts help pls)

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2002, 07:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JDM ITR steering wheel on an EK (hardcore JDM nuts help pls)

Hi all,

First topic I've posted here; I'm wondering if the JDM Momo steering for the ITR with airbag will bolt on to an EK steering column.

A friend says he tried it for the non-airbag ITR wheel and he says it's not compatible due to some difference in the center hole vs say an EK9 Momo steering wheel.

Does anyone have experience on this?

Another way to answer this question: are steering wheels/boss kits compatible between EG/DC2 and EK?

Thanks...
Old 02-28-2002, 07:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JDM ITR steering wheel on an EK (ckkl)

Sorry mate, either buy the correct steering wheel or buy the correct car.

EG/DC are compatible with each other, while EK is compatible w/ AP1 and BB6. Airbag/non-airbag steering wheel doesn't matter, you just need the steering wheel from a Civic Type R for it to fit your EK.

On the same note, boss kits/hubs aren't interchangable between the DC/EG to the EK and vice-versa.
Old 02-28-2002, 05:08 PM

Default Re: JDM ITR steering wheel on an EK (Supersonic DC2)

It's not for my car; I'm trying to sell my Momo SRS wheel to a guy with an EK9 but the airbag blew so his original Momo wheel is history.

Btw, I did an extensive search on the archives (since after my initial search nothing came up, hence this post -- I guess I need to be more persistent with the search)... Someone mentioned being able to interchange the hubs (i.e. from CTR to ITR) to make it the ITR wheel work on the CTR. What exactly does this mean?
Old 02-28-2002, 05:49 PM

Default Re: JDM ITR steering wheel on an EK (ckkl)

Btw, I did an extensive search on the archives (since after my initial search nothing came up, hence this post -- I guess I need to be more persistent with the search)... Someone mentioned being able to interchange the hubs (i.e. from CTR to ITR) to make it the ITR wheel work on the CTR. What exactly does this mean?
First off, the JDM ITR wheel WILL fit the EK - IF you change out the steering column (ha ha).

But, to make the ITR wheel fit the EK properly, you need the CTR hub from a JDM CTR. The hub on the JDM CTR and ITR is screwed into the backframe of the wheel with four allen screws, so the CTR hub will interchange with this (it is slightly different).

I recently installed the JDM ITR wheel on my car (I have an EG, more correctly an EH2), and there is ALMOST no info available that I could easily find. But, I ran across this tidbit during my research, and confirmed it with my wheel, which has the four allen screws (hex) holding the hub to the wheel.

Good luck. You might be able to "trade" with one of the guys on Ebaymotors for the CTR wheel.

Shawn
Old 02-28-2002, 05:52 PM

Default Re: JDM ITR steering wheel on an EK (Supersonic DC2)

On the same note, boss kits/hubs aren't interchangable between the DC/EG to the EK and vice-versa.
That's only true for the Honda wheels.

The Momo designed one for the JDM ITR and CTR has a hub that is removable. (the CTR and ITR are THE SAME, but they have slightly different hubs).

Shawn
Old 03-01-2002, 02:28 AM

Default Re: JDM ITR steering wheel on an EK (shawnhayes)

Thanks fellas, I've managed to unload the wheel to an Integra owner who wanted one badly.

Cheers