Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

jdm itr 98 ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 08:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jdm itr 98 ?

okay i know you all have heard or seen this post a bit but i did look up those archives but dang there are alot of posts but i found one that was a little helpful...
sorry the repeats ?'s....and hello to everybody new to the scene here...

Well i got a couple of questions i just got my 98 jdm itr full swap with jdm ecu and i own a 92 vx im dropping it into.....so i read here and others forums that i cant use the jdm harness...
.but it looks like one side could reach the other side by un clipping some clips (battery cable) but the other three is short suppose to go driviers side, can i just cut and extend all three connectors to reach?

And i know a usdm itr would be easier but i cant find one and for the gsr its just like the R's right or would i do extend something?

and if i use the usdm or gsr or the jdm harness will i have to move the 02 sensor
still?
cause i know there is no knock sensor and another one, i think other o2 sensor for the jdm
cause right now my motor is in front ready to go in just gots this dilema with the harness and dont know what to do...any info please reply
thanks in advance

Old 04-10-2007, 09:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn..keepin it JDM in alaska....wow..here's the help pm VTECVillain he'll help you out using your stock VX harness..oh..wait a minute..i'll do it for ya...
Old 04-10-2007, 10:25 PM
Cool Cool Island Breezes. BOY-EE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: jdm itr 98 ? (92vxjdm)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 92vxjdm &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">okay i know you all have heard or seen this post a bit but i did look up those archives but dang there are alot of posts but i found one that was a little helpful...
sorry the repeats ?'s....and hello to everybody new to the scene here...

Well i got a couple of questions i just got my 98 jdm itr full swap with jdm ecu and i own a 92 vx im dropping it into.....so i read here and others forums that i cant use the jdm harness...
.but it looks like one side could reach the other side by un clipping some clips (battery cable) but the other three is short suppose to go driviers side, can i just cut and extend all three connectors to reach?

And i know a usdm itr would be easier but i cant find one and for the gsr its just like the R's right or would i do extend something?

and if i use the usdm or gsr or the jdm harness will i have to move the 02 sensor
still?
cause i know there is no knock sensor and another one, i think other o2 sensor for the jdm
cause right now my motor is in front ready to go in just gots this dilema with the harness and dont know what to do...any info please reply
thanks in advance

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Use your existing harness. You dont need a harness from another car. Not only that, but the EG is wired for the climate control, etc from the same harness. Making harness swapping very hard.

Your VX harness will work as its allready wired for vtec. VERY simple. Plug it in...call it a day. You may have to switch some of the plugs...like the injector plugs and some intake manifold plugs. But thats all. You're just soldering plugs from the ITR harness onto the VX harness. Very easy.

Find the knock sensor plug from the ITR harness.

Extend that wire into the passenger footwell where your ECU will sit.

Get a pinout chart for the ECU you're using. Find "KNOCK SENSOR"

Obtain some pins from a junkyard harness. Plug the pins into your ECU harness. Solder the wire onto the pin and wire you just installed. YOURE DONE.

It sounds harder than it is. If you dont know, get someone who knows. And if they dont know...well now they know. Im not sure what that means