Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

JDM ITR 4 lug to Regular Old Teg brakes

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2004, 10:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JDM ITR 4 lug to Regular Old Teg brakes

Okay guys, I'm about to give up on the JDM 4x114.3 setup. I'm going to need new rotors soon and I'm not wiling to keep sourcing parts from overseas or from 100s of other cars. My plan is as follows.

Keep everything but my hubs and brake rotors. Buy new rotors and 4x100 hubs from Autozone or the likes (brembo blanks for rotors) and then swap them out. In theory it should work just like any other integra brakes, as the calipers are the same. Anyone tried this and have any problems?
Old 09-09-2004, 10:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: JDM ITR 4 lug to Regular Old Teg brakes (Ricey McRicerton)

Why wouldn't you just find a car that has the right sized disks and then buy brembo blanks for that car?

How big are those disks? 10.3s? or 11s?
Old 09-09-2004, 10:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JDM ITR 4 lug to Regular Old Teg brakes (Spade)

You CAN use the replacement rotors for an integra with a bit of modification. The fronts you can get off of a Prelude and use some spacers for the calipers (or something like that. I've yet to mess with it). But for the rears there is no car that anyone's been able to find with the 4x113.3 pattern in the right size and with the correct hub bore. The closest thing anybody on here's been able to tell me is to get GSR rears, have them redrilled and the hubs bored out to make it fit. I'd assume the fronts need the same treatment.

I'll be damned if I'm doing that every time I replace rotors to keep some white wheels that I hate cleaning.
Old 09-09-2004, 10:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You CAN use the replacement rotors for an integra with a bit of modification. The fronts you can get off of a Prelude and use some spacers for the calipers (or something like that. I've yet to mess with it). But for the rears there is no car that anyone's been able to find with the 4x113.3 pattern in the right size and with the correct hub bore. The closest thing anybody on here's been able to tell me is to get GSR rears, have them redrilled and the hubs bored out to make it fit. I'd assume the fronts need the same treatment.

I'll be damned if I'm doing that every time I replace rotors to keep some white wheels that I hate cleaning. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm going to try something silly.......emailing Brembo. Who knows.
Old 09-09-2004, 10:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Spade &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I'm going to try something silly.......emailing Brembo. Who knows.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Cool cool. So far the only aftermarket company anyone on here's seem to have had any luck with is Endless. They sell aftermarket rotors for the 4x114.3 setup for the pre 97 ITR, but I don't know if you can get those in plain old blanks. Slotted and drilled just tear up my pads faster and I don't track it enough to make it worth it.
Old 09-09-2004, 10:32 AM
egizzle8

So I wonder what everyone else does who has the 4 lug conv? I was thinking of going this route but to have to do all that hassle I'll just stick my my tiny dx setup with better pads and SS brakelines. Thanks for the heads up. Someone has to be the guniea pig
Old 09-09-2004, 10:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JDM ITR 4 lug to Regular Old Teg brakes (egizzle6)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by egizzle6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So I wonder what everyone else does who has the 4 lug conv? I was thinking of going this route but to have to do all that hassle I'll just stick my my tiny dx setup with better pads and SS brakelines. Thanks for the heads up. Someone has to be the guniea pig </TD></TR></TABLE>

You should at least upgrade to the 10 inchers. and the rear disks.
Old 09-09-2004, 10:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

HRM..... search by demension.http://www.brembo.com/Catalogo...Guest
Old 09-09-2004, 06:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It just sends me to a page to search. I've tried searching under the Integra and that little chart makes no sense to me. Care to lead the horse to water and show him how to drink as well?
Old 09-09-2004, 06:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

this may sound stupid, but what bout the accord rotors or the older preludes
just a suggestion
Old 09-09-2004, 06:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (beaterdriver)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by beaterdriver &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">this may sound stupid, but what bout the accord rotors or the older preludes
just a suggestion</TD></TR></TABLE>

I've waded through the whole JDM ITR 4 Lug setup thread as well as talking to some members with it and I'm honestly confused as to why there isn't ONE of these sets of rotors that won't work.
Old 09-09-2004, 07:37 PM
New User

Default Re: (Ricey McRicerton)

Rather than stick with the 96 itr brakes, put some prelude brembo blanks and some prelude calipers on.... i'd rather upgrade than do maintenance.

sure u'll need to use washers on the caliper bracket, and either space out your wheels or grind the caliper back a bit to get the 96 itr wheels on, but its all worth it :-)
Old 09-09-2004, 08:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EG6-SiR)

And that works for the rear as well?
Old 09-09-2004, 08:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">And that works for the rear as well? </TD></TR></TABLE>

you can use 94 prelude rear calipers and rotors, everythings the same.

as for the front, do this

well **** we-tod is down

but up front just go with the 94 prelude VTEC rotors 11.1" rotors and the caliper for the same car. or if you wanted to go a smaller route you can get the prelude SI rotor and caliper. the rotor is the only real wear iteam i don't think you will be replaceing calipers that often.

you just need to take an angle grinder to the calipers alil bit. not that big of a deal
Old 09-09-2004, 08:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I would definitely go prelude
Old 09-09-2004, 08:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Del Sizzle)

theres plenty of H-T members in japan...why not have them ship u a set...save yourself the headaches...
Old 09-09-2004, 08:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JDMisGOOD)

But using Prelude set-up would make it easy for him. He could grab parts any time he wants