Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

EK civic with EG/DC front subframe, which mounts to use for B series engine.

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2022, 07:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EK civic with EG/DC front subframe, which mounts to use for B series engine.

Hi guys, so I purchased an ek rolling shell that has an integra type R 5 lug conversion on it and I believe it has a DC front subframe. Long story short my buddy bought this car over 10 years ago and had it just sitting in his garage and I was finally able to convince him to sell it to me. He doesn't remember much information from what the previous owner told him about it aside from the fact that the complete 5 lug conversion is from an actual Type R and that the front subframe was also replaced.

My buddy also purchased a B18C motor after he bought the shell but never got around to installing it. I starting to put the car together and when we went to install the motor none of the mounts lined up properly. I have a B series T bracket for the Civic EM SI and I also have the EG/DC T bracket. The EG/DC T bracket reaches the engine but than the driver side motor mount and bracket doesn't line up right.

​​​​My question is does anyone know which mounts I need to use on the driver and transmission side to have the motor sit proper.

Any input would be very much appreciated.

I have ZERO desire to do a K swap to this car.
Buying this car as a project was more for nostalgic reasons as I was huge in to tuning Honda's in the early 2000's and also the previous owner is also a friend of mine who passed away a few years ago and I want to build this car back to its glory days to always have something to remind me of him.

Old 05-04-2022, 09:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 797 Likes on 737 Posts
Default Re: EK civic with EG/DC front subframe, which mounts to use for B series engine.

The SHORT answer is you would use all of the mounts and brackets found in a '99-00 USDM EM1 (Civic Si) or SiR in Canada and replace the rear "T" bracket with the one found in any '94-01 Integra.
Old 05-05-2022, 02:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: EK civic with EG/DC front subframe, which mounts to use for B series engine.

Originally Posted by JRCivic1
The SHORT answer is you would use all of the mounts and brackets found in a '99-00 USDM EM1 (Civic Si) or SiR in Canada and replace the rear "T" bracket with the one found in any '94-01 Integra.
Thanks I think I figured it out. The T bracket I was using I assumed it was from an integra but Im not to sure it is. I will be purchasing a integra T bracket and see if that was my issue.

Thanks again.
Old 05-05-2022, 09:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 797 Likes on 737 Posts

Originally Posted by Bates
Thanks I think I figured it out. The T bracket I was using I assumed it was from an integra but Im not to sure it is. I will be purchasing a integra T bracket and see if that was my issue.

Thanks again.
Make sure it is a MANUAL rear "T" bracket.