Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Jdm eg6 civic intermittent problem,HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 09:00 AM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jdm eg6 civic intermittent problem,HELP!

I have a Jdm eg6 civic sir with b16a engine,with 160,000k on the clock.Standard engine other than a dc sports 4-2-1 manifold,decat pipe,stainless exhaust system to axle with standard muffler.

The problem is when driving the cel will flash on & the power will die till the cel goes off again,it mite last a second or 2 but happens regulary.when i do a cel check there is no errors in the memory of the ecu!!
When the cel flash's i can hear the fuel pump relay click,changed the relay,problem still there! I have checked all grounds and connections i can find.have also changed the distributor,problem still there!
The problem worse'nd in that when the cel would stay on longer when driving,about 5 or 6 seconds,with the throttle fully open the engine keeps die'n till the cel goes off.The odd time vtec did not work,rarelly that would happen do and the car die'd in power twice without a cel flash like before,weird!
After that i stoped the car,at idle the cel would come on and stay on,engine cut out,cel stayed on,car would'nt start! turn'd ignition off and on again,cel still on,fuel pump does not prime,still no error in ecu after cel check! i left the ignition on and after about a minute the cel went off and i could start the engine,everytime i when to drive away just when the clutch starts to bite the cel would come on and engine cut out,could'nt move car a inch! i left car for few mins,started no problem and could drive,took about 5mins of drive'n for the problem to start happen'n,not as bad but back to 1 or 2 second long flashs as before.

I can't find any solution to this problem,any help/suggestions welcome!!
Old 02-25-2009, 10:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Howcome we park on driveways, and drive on parkways?
Default Re: Jdm eg6 civic intermittent problem,HELP!

sounds like youve got some connection problems...something seems to be shorting out. It doesnt sound like it is something serious enough to be shutting your car down from a CEL. I think that it is a faulty connection somewhere. check you main harness under your dash, connection to ECU, and relay under the hood.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Howcome we park on driveways, and drive on parkways?

Bad or faulty TPS? only reason i say that is because you said it dies at full throttle. Is there any other sputtering or issues while driving?
Old 02-26-2009, 05:30 AM
New User

Originally Posted by DC2-ProdUcTiOnS
Bad or faulty TPS? only reason i say that is because you said it dies at full throttle. Is there any other sputtering or issues while driving?
It does'nt just happen at full throttle,could happen anytime. I have no any other sputtering or issues while driving.