Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

JDM CLimate Control

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2003, 10:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JDM CLimate Control

i got a JDM CLIMATE CONTROL for my EG 92 civic SI, and i was curious if anyone can offer suggestions. i used the search and read the install link, but has n e one out here done it adn knwo of any other ways?

[Modified by Uneekpinoysk8er, 7:30 PM 2/25/2003]
Old 02-25-2003, 10:26 AM

Default Re: JDM CLimate Control (Uneekpinoysk8er)

Its not worth the $75 thats for sure.

[Modified by Nine, 2:29 PM 2/25/2003]
Old 02-25-2003, 10:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

you can't install it. you have to open it up and take the face plate off and put it on your usdm one.
Old 02-25-2003, 10:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: JDM CLimate Control (b_cruz)

just curious, what's the difference? i forgot how the jdm climate controls look like.
Old 02-25-2003, 10:58 AM

Default Re: JDM CLimate Control (Cuong-nutz)

And it lights up amber...

[Modified by Nine, 2:59 PM 2/25/2003]
Old 02-25-2003, 11:30 AM

JDMFAN

If the jdm face plate is scratched up you can use the thing behind
it. If you take a knife and pop it out you can put it in the USDM face
plate.
Old 02-25-2003, 11:31 AM

Default Re: JDM CLimate Control (d15dude)

Looks like a waste of money to me. But whatever gets your eye, its your car not mine.
Old 02-25-2003, 11:35 AM

Default Re: JDM CLimate Control (Nine)

And it lights up amber...
IMO the amber makes the interior look much better.(not to mention it matches the JDM gauge cluster) but hey, if you want your climate control to light up blue to match your indiglos...
Old 02-25-2003, 11:37 AM

i got a JDM CLIMATE CONTROL for my EG 92 civic SI
If you have an EG wouldent your climate control already be JDM?
Old 02-25-2003, 12:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JDM CLimate Control (Quad-Damge)

Looks like a waste of money to me. But whatever gets your eye, its your car not mine.
what a waste of a post. he was asking for installation help not opinions.

edit: dude you drive a 4 door AUTOMATIC with Z3 gills and 17's...

[Modified by b_cruz, 1:16 PM 2/25/2003]
Old 02-25-2003, 12:21 PM

Id' like to adress a few things here...

First off. Nine, you haven't been around here long enough to shake people down like you are trying to do. Keep your comments to yourself unless you feel like helping.

Second. I'm getting a little sick of the hating going around here. There's really nothing I can do about it, but state my opinion. I try not to bash things other people buy...You should do the same. (Unless they constantly show off, you know who you people are.)

Switching the climate face is fairly simple. You need to first remove your radio and lower panels to gain access to the climate control. There are 4 screws that need to be removed. One in the rear, which is almost identical to the radio screw, and 3 on the "face" of the climate control. There are two on the sides, which are larger screws. You will probably have to lie on your back to get to them. The last screw is very small, and will require one of those tiny electronics screwdrivers. It is the actual screw that holds the face of the climate control on the unit. After you have removed all 4, the entire unit should be able to slide forward about 2 inches. You will then have to find a way to remove the slider buttons...I used a pair of pliers and cushioned the pliers with a rubber band then grabbed them like I was pulling a tooth. They pop right off, so pull hard. Then, there are I belive 3 tabs holding the face on. Use a small flathead and gently pry them up and slide the face off. Once that's done, remove the face off your JDM unit, switch the bulbs and retain the amber "condoms". After that, it's just reverse order. Good luck!
Old 02-25-2003, 12:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JDM CLimate Control (ThunderLips)

First off. Nine, you haven't been around here long enough to shake people down like you are trying to do. Keep your comments to yourself unless you feel like helping.

Second. I'm getting a little sick of the hating going around here. There's really nothing I can do about it, but state my opinion. I try not to bash things other people buy...You should do the same. (Unless they constantly show off, you know who you people are.)

Switching the climate face is fairly simple. You need to first remove your radio and lower panels to gain access to the climate control. There are 4 screws that need to be removed. One in the rear, which is almost identical to the radio screw, and 3 on the "face" of the climate control. There are two on the sides, which are larger screws. You will probably have to lie on your back to get to them. The last screw is very small, and will require one of those tiny electronics screwdrivers. It is the actual screw that holds the face of the climate control on the unit. After you have removed all 4, the entire unit should be able to slide forward about 2 inches. You will then have to find a way to remove the slider buttons...I used a pair of pliers and cushioned the pliers with a rubber band then grabbed them like I was pulling a tooth. They pop right off, so pull hard. Then, there are I belive 3 tabs holding the face on. Use a small flathead and gently pry them up and slide the face off. Once that's done, remove the face off your JDM unit, switch the bulbs and retain the amber "condoms". After that, it's just reverse order. Good luck!
always refers back to me
Old 02-25-2003, 12:48 PM

Default Re: JDM CLimate Control (Kid1320)

always refers back to me
Sorry, not trying to keep this off topic, but I'm glad you picked up on that. Everyone should have some humility, or humbleness.
Old 02-25-2003, 01:08 PM

Try again TL.. You might be right on some of my other posts but not this one. Before I edited my post it said the exact same thing that the one below it did (that its not a real swap, just switching the face), except I gave him the jdmfan link and mispelled a few words so rather then have two posts that went up at almost the exact same time I told him what I thought of it. It wasnt that bad.. jeez, and I even posted the picture.

To the kid with the indeglos comment, best of luck to you if you with your $225 JDM gauge cluster and $75 Climate control sticker and light bulbs. I just dont have the money to spend in this way.. still building up my engine.

And just outta curiousity.. why would it matter how long Ive been here. I should be allowed to speak my mind like anyone else. I'll toast to ur rightousness at least.

And just for the reference, peep this thread from last week I believe: https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=425204

[Modified by Nine, 5:20 PM 2/25/2003]
Old 02-25-2003, 03:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JDM CLimate Control (Kid1320)

for wat its worth i like seeing ur post Kid1320, u got one clean *** ride.
Old 02-25-2003, 03:29 PM

Default Re: JDM CLimate Control (Nine)

Speak your mind, yes...Knock people for no reason whatsoever, no.

You can do whatever the hell you want esentially. But, you might look like a fool in the process. Starting off the thread by stating that he wasted $75 bucks was not really a nice thing to say...Then backing it up by stating that the amber lighting was a waste...To me that just seems like you picking on someone. Whatever man, do what you wish.

And just outta curiousity.. why would it matter how long Ive been here. I should be allowed to speak my mind like anyone else.
Well, generally speaking...It is more of a new thing for people who have been a member for 30 days or so to pop in a post and start ragging on people. When I joined this site, it wasn't that way. People had something called respect for other folks on the site, and their descisions they made. I guess that's long gone now.

And to the new member commenting on Kid1320, I think you got a little something on your nose bro.

Old 02-25-2003, 03:36 PM
I really don't know

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you're telling me? hahahaha

for answering him

people can't even get tech questions answered anymore, because everyone is soo quick to shoot their opinion

i like kid1320, he's cool, from what i see he doesnt let your constant verbal put assaults let him down
Old 02-25-2003, 03:57 PM

Default Re: JDM CLimate Control (TypeOne Enjoy It)

you're telling me? hahahaha
Is this adressed towards me? Can't really tell. You think I bash people without cause? Point out one instance, and I will back it up with fact or reason.

i like kid1320, he's cool, from what i see he doesnt let your constant verbal put assaults let him down
I too do not have any problem with him as a person at all. Never said I did. I never direct hate or malice towards him. I never call him names, nor do I bash him for anything he has done to his vehicle. What I have done is given him some insight as to why some members including myself, have grown tired of his self flattery and bragging. I don't know how many times this has to be repeated. Some people here either have reading/comprehension disabilites, or just don't like reading entire paragraphs and skip lines.

Now...TypeOne, I'm not neccesarily directing any type of flak at you...Just wondering why it's okay for some people to bash threads, but when I come to someones defense I am in the wrong. The way you responded to my post was if I was too hating on someone, which in my opinion I never, or rarely do. I state my opinion as to what I think is useless sometimes if someone asks general advice. A great example is the other day if someone asked if a rear diffuser on their daily driver would be practical...Of course I gave my opinion, it was asked for.

I just don't get alot of you guys here. You seem to turn on the wrong people, and not stick up for people who try to keep this board free of bullshit.

Old 02-25-2003, 04:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is correct on the install . It can be a bit time consuming but anything you do to a car is time consuming.

Now on the other thing about bashing other members is a common thing lately with H-T.com. I really don't know why people to this. This is becoming to common that at times, I dislike being a member itself. This is one of the most informative sites to be. But with anything postive, and negative comes alone. But in all, some people have to speak their minds since in real life, they are a big wuss to say it. (The powerful things you can say behind the computer screen )

Old 02-25-2003, 04:50 PM
Solbros Owns Me

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: JDM CLimate Control (SANBST)

Type one wasn't directing anything towards you Mike, he just had a question mark at the end for no reason? lol.

Simple as what people are saying...state facts and help other members out. If you want to give your opinion, go into the appearance forum.

Help out or don't reply, simple as that

And about amber lighting being gay...umm, as far as I'm concerned, I'd rather have amber lighting in ANY of my cars. Ever since putting in my EG cluster, the gauges are WAY easier on the eyes. The soft amber light isn't too bright and makes for easier night time driving, as well as looks doper IMO