Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

JDM Brake components

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2004, 04:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JDM Brake components

Just to let you guys know, I got a MC/prop valve off of a 96 JDM ITR. I was planning to use it, but all of the lines are on the wrong side. on me as I didn't even think about this. Just a word to the wise. YOU CAN'T USE RHD BRAKE COMPONENTS other than the actual brakes/hubs. The lines won't bolt up.
Old 03-23-2004, 04:51 PM
a/k/a Jomo

Default Re: JDM Brake components (Ricey McRicerton)

Just because it won't "bolt-up" doesn't mean it won't work.

You can either A run new lines or B modify you own by extending/cutting and using adapter fittings if necessary. I put a teg master cylinder in a 4th gen civic/crx. Well in the car the lines are on left side, the teg has one on each. Gotta improvise. Don't give up on it.
Old 03-23-2004, 04:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JDM Brake components (Mr Milano)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mr Milano &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just because it won't "bolt-up" doesn't mean it won't work.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Okay, it won't work without reflaring and rebending the lines. Better?

The majority of HT won't have the tools ready to reflare lines and won't bother.
Old 03-23-2004, 04:54 PM
a/k/a Jomo

Damn that was quick. Well I'm not trying to be an *** just making a point as to not completely discourage anyone.
Old 03-23-2004, 04:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JDM Brake components (Mr Milano)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mr Milano &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Damn that was quick. Well I'm not trying to be an *** just making a point as to not completely discourage anyone.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Oh yeah I hear ya man. The lines are just on the wrong side. I planned on bolting them up, which didn't work. Just something to think about before you purchase things like this guys!

EDIT: I'm not out any money over it....just kinda disssapointed I don't have the bigger MC.
Old 03-23-2004, 07:22 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The lines won't bolt up. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Strange.........wonder why my ctr 1" master cylinder and booster bolted up fine.....?

I dont see why those would be any different.

edit----Reading this, I belive it, because of the poster. Ricey always has good info, but
I have seen just about every other mc and booster besides that year ITR and they
would have worked with minimal bending, and no re-flaring (very simple).
Its very easy to spread miss information like this, thats why it was writen into the
new rules.
Old 03-24-2004, 10:31 PM

Default Re: JDM Brake components (elwood)

am i the only one that didnt have problems?
Old 03-24-2004, 10:36 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by elwood &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">am i the only one that didnt have problems? </TD></TR></TABLE>

I've seen numerous pictures/write ups on installing jdm master cylinders into our cars, straight bolt up. I believe chameleon put one on his eg.
Old 03-24-2004, 10:39 PM

Default Re: JDM Brake components (743)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chameleon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">update: I have now upgraded to 96 ITR mc/bb (same as RS) and 4040 RS prop valve and braking power is on point ..rear definitely gets tons of power! i can lock all 4 corners, but of course i stop immediately!! the lines were a bitch to take off and a nightmare to put back on .. if they werent straight they wont go on, just word of advise.</TD></TR></TABLE>

https://honda-tech.com/zero...age=3
Old 03-25-2004, 03:30 PM

Default Re: JDM Brake components (743)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 743 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I've seen numerous pictures/write ups on installing jdm master cylinders into our cars, straight bolt up. I believe chameleon put one on his eg.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The only thing I can think of is the booster being different.

If you look at the usdm and jdm master cylinder some of them (not sure about all of
them) bolt to the booster different. One will be with a slant like this: / and one like this: \
and then my ctr mc bolts to the booster like this: -

I want more info on why it didnt fit ricey?
Old 03-25-2004, 04:28 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by elwood &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

The only thing I can think of is the booster being different.

If you look at the usdm and jdm master cylinder some of them (not sure about all of
them) bolt to the booster different. One will be with a slant like this: / and one like this: \
and then my ctr mc bolts to the booster like this: -

I want more info on why it didnt fit ricey? </TD></TR></TABLE>

civics bolt up like / and integras like \, or vice versa.
Old 03-25-2004, 09:33 PM

Default Re: JDM Brake components (JV)

Whats the problem with that?

If you get the JDM booster that should of came with that prop valve
you wouldnt have had any problems.
Old 03-25-2004, 09:39 PM
OG triple OG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my ctr prop valve bolted up fine without reflaring lines. and you need to use the brake booster for the itr MC to work
Old 03-30-2004, 07:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JDM Brake components (Hella_JDM)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hella_JDM &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">my ctr prop valve bolted up fine without reflaring lines. and you need to use the brake booster for the itr MC to work</TD></TR></TABLE>

The MC does not bolt to the existing BB straight up and down, but that was not my main problems.

On the Existing MC, the lines bolted up twoard the middle of the car (lines coming from the middle of the car to the drivers side.

lines on this side -()

On the 96 JDM ITR MC (15/16) the lines come in on the wrong side. The lines would bolt up on the opposite side of the MC.

()- lines on this side

That was the problem.