Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

JDM B18C in EG not starting....Help needed!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 12:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JDM B18C in EG not starting....Help needed!!

I swapped my JDM B18C motor into my JDM RHD EG. Everything went fine. they are few hink-ups but i dont think that would stop the car form starting and that is the Knock sensor and IAB not run/repinned/wired as yet.

2) when i got the motor the O2 sensor wire had come out of the plug housing. and i am not sure what wire connects to the Green, the white and the 2 blacks.
Anyone know which wires go to which?

Ok now on to the starting problems . The car turns over but it is not starting. when i turn on the ignition i hear like a fast tapping when the check light suppose to come on when the Fuel pump is priming. (my friend told my that happens when air is in the fuel line). but after i swing a few times it goes away, however if i let the car sit for a little while ( an hour or so) it does it again.
I also have to advance a little to get the car started but when the car comes up to temp and i set it back to 16 degrees and i switch the car off it doesnt start back.

When the car does get started it idles high. when i press the accelerator it sputters through the RMP range but when i let off it drops and sometimes it will shoot back up to around 3500-4000 rpm then tries to settle it self.

The motor is a B18C as i said earlier. it has in P30 piston, and has a lightened flywheel i think it is 10lbs

any suggestions on how i can get this start continuously and work and idle correct?
what about the fast tapping then i turn on the ignition? if it is air how do i get it out of the line?
could the distributor not be working correctly and cause the sputtering and me having to advance to start?

any ideas, solutions, suggestions would be greatful
Thanks
Old 04-22-2007, 12:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

5 threads in 4 forums
Old 04-22-2007, 02:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (umop-apisdn)

sorry dude just fustrated and want to get the car started.