Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

JDM B16 SiR II swap in EJ1 Map Sensor + Knock searched...

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 07:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JDM B16 SiR II swap in EJ1 Map Sensor + Knock searched...

Alright, I've been researching this crap for three hours now with horrible and crappy information. No one goes in depth how to do anything when interchanging MAP sensors and Knock sensors. Well, I have no MAP sensor on my B16, of course it was on the firewall and has since been cut, neither do I have the MAP sensor plug, it's just f**king non existent. I pulled the MAP sensor off my Z6 and stuck it on the tube to the TB, now all I need is a plug. I've been reading about everyone somehow using their stock engine harness on the B16 and how the B16 harness is messed up? I know the B16 harness is opposite for the RHD, all I have to do is switch the plugs for each side. Can I use my Z6 engine harness on my B16 SiR II? And if I do, what about the knock sensor? Either way, I'm going to have to wire a knock sensor or MAP sensor. Can I just clip my Z6 MAP sensor plug and wire it to the ECU? I'm guessing I can, but I want confirmation. I'm really getting tired of everyone saying "yea, I just used my old MAP sensor and zip tied it to the firewall"...yea, no.

Bare bones:

No MAP sensor plug on my B16 harness
Why can't I use the B16 harness on my 95 EX
Someone help me...

Danke

Lord Wind - Rites of the Valkyries (2002) - 06 - Rhinemaiden's Lamentation.mp3 [192Kbps] (05:35)
Old 10-27-2006, 08:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JDM B16 SiR II swap in EJ1 Map Sensor + Knock searched... (Metalluthier)

Lord Wind - Rites of the Valkyries (2002) - 03 - Prophecy of the Norns.mp3 [192Kbps] (07:29)
Old 10-27-2006, 09:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JDM B16 SiR II swap in EJ1 Map Sensor + Knock searched... (Metalluthier)

Need this info before Sunday

Lord Wind - Rites of the Valkyries (2002) - 08 - Horn of the Summoning.mp3 [192Kbps] (05:52)
Old 10-27-2006, 11:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

C'mon people, I'm seriously lost. I mean, if I keep the Z6 harness, how do I work out the injector harness? WTF...seriously, direct swap my ***
Old 10-27-2006, 11:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

**** is hard to read

ok first yes you can use your Z6 harness.. extend the vtec wires a little so they reach.. everything else is plug and play... Take the knock plug from the JDM harness and add some wire to it and wire it direct to the ecu D6. take the map plug from that harness and re hook it to your cut map wires.. colors should be the same

simple enough?
Old 10-28-2006, 12:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JDM B16 SiR II swap in EJ1 Map Sensor + Knock searched... (Timmay)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Timmay &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">**** is hard to read

ok first yes you can use your Z6 harness.. extend the vtec wires a little so they reach.. everything else is plug and play... Take the knock plug from the JDM harness and add some wire to it and wire it direct to the ecu D6. take the map plug from that harness and re hook it to your cut map wires.. colors should be the same

simple enough?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm still not understanding completely. The injectors are hardwired to the Z6 harness, what, do I just cut the wires and solder them to the B16 injectors? I need specifics. I have no MAP plug from the B16 and no cut MAP wires. The only MAP plug I have is off my Z6, the SiR never came with the plug or the sensor...

There is something no one is telling me, you can't just use the stock harness without heavy modification, it's just not easy.

Lord Wind - Rites of the Valkyries (2002) - 08 - Horn of the Summoning.mp3 [192Kbps] (05:52)
Old 10-28-2006, 12:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Metalluthier &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I'm still not understanding completely. The injectors are hardwired to the Z6 harness, what, do I just cut the wires and solder them to the B16 injectors? I need specifics. I have no MAP plug from the B16 and no cut MAP wires. The only MAP plug I have is off my Z6, the SiR never came with the plug or the sensor...

There is something no one is telling me, you can't just use the stock harness without heavy modification, it's just not easy.

Lord Wind - Rites of the Valkyries (2002) - 08 - Horn of the Summoning.mp3 [192Kbps] (05:52)</TD></TR></TABLE>

dude ive done tons of b16a swaps using the stock harness.. what year is the motor you have ? obd1? obd2?
the injectors are the same if you have a obd1 motor.. only thing you have to modify is extending the wires for vtec and adding the 1 knock sensor wire to the ecu
your z6 harness should have a plug for MAP and you can use the Z6 map sensor and us a hose to hook it up to a port on the intake manifold

your making it seem hard when its really easy
Old 10-28-2006, 12:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Timmay &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

dude ive done tons of b16a swaps using the stock harness.. what year is the motor you have ? obd1? obd2?
the injectors are the same if you have a obd1 motor.. only thing you have to modify is extending the wires for vtec and adding the 1 knock sensor wire to the ecu
your z6 harness should have a plug for MAP and you can use the Z6 map sensor and us a hose to hook it up to a port on the intake manifold

your making it seem hard when its really easy</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well yea my Z6 is OBD I. It's a 95 EX. I can use Z6 injectors on my B16 SiR II? I thought they would be totally different considering it's a larger engine, though they are the same litre. So when I extend the VTEC wires, you basically want me to cut them and re-solder, yes? The knock sensor shouldn't be all that difficult, I guess. I know which pin to wire it to and I do have a knock sensor plug for it to the ECU. Alright, well if I can use my Z6 injectors then I will. Can I unplug the injectors and use my B16 injectors? Or are they one piece? I've never dealt with injectors...

Lord Wind - Rites of the Valkyries (2002) - 03 - Prophecy of the Norns.mp3 [192Kbps] (07:29)
Old 10-28-2006, 12:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

well if your b16a is obd1 then you dont need to use the z6 injectors.. just pull the harness off your z6 motor and plug and play on the b16a

and yes cut the wires ad a few inches to them solder and shrink wrap them back up.. that way they arent stretched all to hell to reach the solenoid

z6 injectors 240cc
b16a injectors 240cc

but you dont need to switch them if the b16a is obd1
Old 10-28-2006, 12:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Timmay &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well if your b16a is obd1 then you dont need to use the z6 injectors.. just pull the harness off your z6 motor and plug and play on the b16a

and yes cut the wires ad a few inches to them solder and shrink wrap them back up.. that way they arent stretched all to hell to reach the solenoid

z6 injectors 240cc
b16a injectors 240cc

but you dont need to switch them if the b16a is obd1</TD></TR></TABLE>

The B16A is OBD I, but the entire harness is opposite of my harness, since it's JDM. Aren't the injectors and the harness all one piece? How can I disconnect the injectors from the harness?

All I want to do is use the Z6 harness on my B16A SiR II. So, you want to take the entire harness off my Z6, injectors and everything, and swap it onto my B16? Yes?

Lord Wind - Rites of the Valkyries (2002) - 04 - Father of Wisdom.mp3 [192Kbps] (05:17)
Old 10-28-2006, 12:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

NO lol

take the RHD harness off the b16a. just unplug everything and throw it to the side

take your z6 harness and plug it onto the b16a after you extend the wire for vtec.. Yes the harness unclips from the injector itself.. there are 2 little metal tabs that come around the injector you just push them outwards and pull the plug off.. very simple

now cut the knock sensor plug off your b16a harness.. add wire to it and plug it into the ecu at d6
Old 10-28-2006, 01:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Timmay &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">NO lol

take the RHD harness off the b16a. just unplug everything and throw it to the side

take your z6 harness and plug it onto the b16a after you extend the wire for vtec.. Yes the harness unclips from the injector itself.. there are 2 little metal tabs that come around the injector you just push them outwards and pull the plug off.. very simple

now cut the knock sensor plug off your b16a harness.. add wire to it and plug it into the ecu at d6</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well I appriceate your help man, since you're the only one who put the effort in to help.

So, as I originally meant, take the B16 harness off, put my Z6 harness on the B16 and then drop it into my bay and just plug everything back in. I have another question, when I was looking at the intake manifold on the B16, there is a plastic white plate with a plug petruding from it which also connects into the wires with the injectors. Will the white Z6 manifold plug go right into that as well? I don't what the sensor is called, but on the B16 it's on the very right hand side on the manifold. Has two screws...etc.

Thanks man
Old 10-28-2006, 01:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yup put it on the b16a then drop it in!!! The white plug is IAT intake air temp.. it should be on teh back of your z6 manifold.. sometimes they are a grey plug.. but it should be able to reach it.. if not extend the wire a bit
Old 10-28-2006, 09:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Timmay &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yup put it on the b16a then drop it in!!! The white plug is IAT intake air temp.. it should be on teh back of your z6 manifold.. sometimes they are a grey plug.. but it should be able to reach it.. if not extend the wire a bit</TD></TR></TABLE>

Aye, that's what I thought. Ok, thanks a lot man, you just saved me a headache!

Moonsorrow - Metsä (1997) - 1 - jo pimeys saa.mp3 [192Kbps] (02:01)