Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

j4s0n1337's 95 hatch build/life story

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 11:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default j4s0n1337's 95 hatch build/life story

After coming to this site for all my questions and viewing everyone else and their build thread I thought I'd start my own, but this is just as much about me as it is my car.

Her name is Ronda (Girlfriends idea)

I always liked EG hatches, ever since i saw my next door neighbor with his new off the lot I always wanted one. And now that I have my own I plan to take care of it and keep her as long as possible, but she hasn't been so nice to me, let me explain.

My first hatch, purchased in 12/09, Her name was lucy.

And then we had an accident, but i fixed her!

I decided I should get a more stable car, and that's when I met Ronda

It was clean, mines the red hood and bumper, but I figured if I'm going to build something, it should at least be in one piece. Anyways, I had some goddies for her

The d15 wasn't cutting it anymore, it was time for an upgrade

It was 75 that day, and latter snowed that night while my buddy and I where putting it in, gotta love VA weather

JDM B18B, just finished putting it in, still some problems to be worked out, but I'm happy

I'll be updating this frequently, since I plan on doing a lot more with her.
Plans for the future:
Fix this

Get a decent air intake setup
Camper kit
Paint the hood and bumper
New tie rods, LCA's, and maybe some sway bars
Tuck and shave the bay, still haven't decided if I want to paint it
New corner lights, side markers, ect.
And 1000 other things but I'm not going to bore you all to death. I just my first build, and I'm nowhere near done with it, so I'll be updating this frequently.
Thanks for viewing, let me know what you guys think!
Old 01-05-2011, 04:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: j4s0n1337's 95 hatch build/life story

My first update!
As of today, She's running perfectly, fixed my overheating issue and now I'm back on the road =D
I also got bored and decided to touch up my trim and side skirts since they where kind of fading, you can see em from my first couple pics

More to come soon, Hopefully I'll be able to fix some of the body issues and give her some fresh paint by the end of the month. With school starting on the 10th, I'll probably only be doing little things here and there until summer time, hopefully by then I'll be ready to go ls/vtec
Old 05-09-2011, 11:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: j4s0n1337's 95 hatch build/life story

It's been a HOT MINUTE since my last update, lots of **** going on in my life personally so not a lot of time to spend with the hatch, but I thought I'd make an update to let you guys know where I'm at and where I'm going with this.
My b18b jumped timing >=/ so I ditched that and picked up a jdm b20b, so far so good =D Probably gonna get a cold air intake one of these days, but I'm in no rush.

I had to wire up my fan to a toggle switch, and I picked up a center console last week, so I put the two together and BAM!

Put a front lip and amber corner lights on last month. A little front end damage, you can tell by the way the bumper and hood fit (and doesn't fit XD) that's the next thing I wanna focus on, cleaning up the body and getting her ready for paint this summer.

More damage to the quarter panel, a little bit of rust too. I'm gonna take car of that before I paint it. I've never done body work before, so idk if I can do it myself or I should go get it done professionally? What do you guys think?