Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

its me again with another problem.

Old 06-04-2007, 03:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default its me again with another problem.

yeah i know . i posted so many problems with my car and all the people that reponded helped me out alot and i would like to say thanks. okay heres my new problem that i have. okay i have a hatch back with a high idle problem. okay it idles from 1500 rpm to 2500 rpm. the whole time. i have no idea what is wrong. i tried to look for help on here with the search topic but it dont have any anwsers. so all i know is that i have a gsr intake manifold on a d16y7. i bought it like that so i have no anwser as in why its like that. also i have a p06 ecu that i changed from a gsr ecu. cause the car was running like crap. if that helps. and then i set my timing because it was advanced like crazy. but it still does the idle problem
Old 06-04-2007, 03:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: its me again with another problem. (hondaon18's)

you cant have a gsr intake on a d16y9 unless someone actually cut the flange off and welded it to the d16 flange as for your idle problem i would check the fast idle valve its a common problems on hondas
Old 06-04-2007, 04:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: its me again with another problem. (hybridmath)

where is that idle sensor at... and i have a d16y7 not a y9
Old 06-04-2007, 04:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

He means a d16y7 dx motor and even if you cut the flanges off a gsr intake mani and d16y7 intake mani, the runners wouldn't line up. As for the fast idle valve I've never had a D16y7 intake mani so i wouldn't know. Try and double check what intake manifold you have "fo sho" before you post you got a gsr intake manifold on you d16y7. I'm not saying its not possible, just highly improbable. And plus your just opening the door to the notorious honda-tech flamers.
Old 06-04-2007, 06:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondaon18’s &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">where is that idle sensor at... and i have a d16y7 not a y9 </TD></TR></TABLE> lol that was a typo it sits directly under the throttlebody its mechanical not electrical
Old 06-04-2007, 07:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

man i don't know . shoot me why don't you . thier just question . when it comes to engine stuff im out their. dont you see my name right under it it says noob. that can answer your question as in why im asking this. thats is what they told me it had so i wouldnt be able to tell you what kind of engine or intake manifold i have. im just going by what the seller told me when i bought it. so if you say it would not be possible to have a gsr intake on the d16y7 then how can you tell what intake manifold i got are thier numbers on it or any kind of lettering that can confirm on what manifold i currently have? cause i know one thing the wire harness aint for that engine because of the extra plugs that it has and are just hanging thier.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have had the same problem with my d15b swap in my 1994 honda civic ex. I haven't bothered tinkering with it but I might know what is wrong with it, and it might just help you.

Check ALL of your vaccum hoses, make sure they are all on tight and theres no leaks. If you have a CEL Light on, take your car to a shop and have them run the code to see if you have something plugged in wrong in the electrical under the hood.

Make sure you get this taken care of quick though, because it definatley wastes your gas
Old 06-05-2007, 04:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks man. yeah cause it has a cel light on . and the fumes that come out of the exhaust are horrible. but one of my friends told me that maybe i have a vac leak so i'll try to look for that problem. anybody else thats got any ideas i will gladly appreciate it .
Old 06-05-2007, 04:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

double check all your hoses that would go or would be going to your IM. if you have a looses or missing hose off the IM it will tend to cause your idle to be high or surge at times. check your hoses and if that bears no fuit then find your IACV...it should be on the back/bottom of the IM close to the throttle body. it should have 2 little hoses coming out of it. after locating it...remove it and spray the crap out of it with brake-kleen or other brake cleaner/solvent and allow it to dry. then reinstall it and start the car and drive it around real quick to see if that has any effect. if all else fails...get your car scanned and see what codes you're throwing then go from there.