Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

It's alive!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 07:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It's alive!!

I just got her running right now. :-) sweet! i put my intake manifold from my d15b7 on my d15z1, what kind of power gain am i looking at? if any. cuz it sounds a whole lot beefier than my d15b7

edit: didnt just swap intake manifolds, swapped motors, and put the previous motor's intake mani on the newer one.

Last edited by Jaz760; 04-27-2009 at 06:45 AM. Reason: people misunderstood what i was saying
Old 04-26-2009, 08:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: It's alive!!

congrats? more info?
Old 04-26-2009, 08:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by forcefedferio
congrats? more info?
its my first time doing any kind of swap. so yes, congrats to me :-) and more info like what?
Old 04-26-2009, 08:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what type of car? (civic/del sol/etc.., not that it really really matters but hey) any other modifications? if you're gonna make a thread may as well take the oppurtunity to ***** a few pics too
Old 04-26-2009, 08:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

we are not here to do your homework. if you want to see how much you gained since you swapped out to the d15b7 intake mani. go take your car to the dyno.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:21 PM

Congrats man. There is no satisfaction compared to what you just achieved on your own
Old 04-26-2009, 08:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by hmtcrxsir
we are not here to do your homework. if you want to see how much you gained since you swapped out to the d15b7 intake mani. go take your car to the dyno.
and by the same token, someone that has done a similar set-up can share in their experience. If you did something to your car and took it to a dyno and made 20whp less than someone else with the EXACT same set-up, well i'd be looking for advice/answers and this is where it begins.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What did you do? a motor swap D15b7 to d15z1?
Old 04-26-2009, 09:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

This thread is garbage. This specific forum on Honda-Tech isn't here so OP's like you can post useless information that no one cares about like your stupid achievements of swapping intake manifolds on a d series engine and claiming it sounds "beefier?"

Now you got a V8 under the hood?
Old 04-26-2009, 09:42 PM

^^^ what a ****ing dick. Fvck him dude, you did your first big part swap and you are proud of it. For some one that has never done major mechanical work you did a good job
Old 04-26-2009, 09:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

LOL, WOW! I thought he said he changed the motors out.... wow you did a 6 bolt plug n play swap!

And anyways aren't the intake the same and the only good one is the y8 intake?
Old 04-26-2009, 09:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by sp00ledbseries
^^^ what a ****ing dick. Fvck him dude, you did your first big part swap and you are proud of it. For some one that has never done major mechanical work you did a good job
I agree though. that guy was a dick about it.
Old 04-26-2009, 09:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by sp00ledbseries
Do not mistake me as a "dick". Good for him he successfully swapped intake manifolds and gained knowledge in the process.

It's the fact that this thread has no technical content, and is being posted in a technical forum. Does NOBODY read the rules around here anymore?

Sorry for being rude OP, but this forum has literally become a joke because new users like yourself do not read the rules like you should and expect they can do whatever they please. There is tons of other appropriate places to post information like this.
Old 04-26-2009, 10:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

and by the same token, someone that has done a similar set-up can share in their experience. If you did something to your car and took it to a dyno and made 20whp less than someone else with the EXACT same set-up, well i'd be looking for advice/answers and this is where it begins.
well obviously hes not stating that hes asking for advice. hes asking how much gain would he get with this setup because it sounds "beefier". and how would we know. I can throw an answer out there but how accurate is that? and how useful do you think this thread is without any background info or even pictures? thats like me stating that I did so and so to my engine and i want other ppl to "guess" how much HP is obtained through those mods. like what ive stated before. if you want to get technical and really know how much gain or improvement it has by swapping out intake mani. do it right, take it to a dyno and find out. im not trying to be a dick but im just stating the facts.

Last edited by hmtcrxsir; 04-26-2009 at 10:41 PM.
Old 04-26-2009, 10:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by sohc_civic_si
do not mistake me as a "dick". Good for him he successfully swapped intake manifolds and gained knowledge in the process.

It's the fact that this thread has no technical content, and is being posted in a technical forum. Does nobody read the rules around here anymore?

Sorry for being rude op, but this forum has literally become a joke because new users like yourself do not read the rules like you should and expect they can do whatever they please. There is tons of other appropriate places to post information like this.
+1
Old 04-27-2009, 02:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

well obviously hes not stating that hes asking for advice. hes asking how much gain would he get with this setup because it sounds "beefier". and how would we know. I can throw an answer out there but how accurate is that? and how useful do you think this thread is without any background info or even pictures? thats like me stating that I did so and so to my engine and i want other ppl to "guess" how much HP is obtained through those mods. like what ive stated before. if you want to get technical and really know how much gain or improvement it has by swapping out intake mani. do it right, take it to a dyno and find out. im not trying to be a dick but im just stating the facts.
congrats? more info?
what type of car? (civic/del sol/etc.., not that it really really matters but hey) any other modifications?
and i stated he needs more info before anyone could answer his questions, i don't think that was TOO hard to understand.
Old 04-27-2009, 06:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

sohc civic si is a dick....

its a 93 eg8 (sedan)

i swapped motors. from a d15b7 to a d15z1. (blew the b7 to smithereens)

put the b7 intake manifold on my z1. it was noticeably larger, way larger.

ppl here said to put the z6 head and manifold on my z1 to get more power, well i'm wondering if the b7 intake manifold yields the same or similar power gains.

.....and to the dick, i posted here because this is the civic del sol part of the forum, i read the rules, i understand them, just because the first post contained no techinical information did not mean there wasn't any to come.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

then why did you post this?
Old 04-27-2009, 08:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Jaz760
sohc civic si is a dick....

its a 93 eg8 (sedan)

i swapped motors. from a d15b7 to a d15z1. (blew the b7 to smithereens)

put the b7 intake manifold on my z1. it was noticeably larger, way larger.

ppl here said to put the z6 head and manifold on my z1 to get more power, well i'm wondering if the b7 intake manifold yields the same or similar power gains.

.....and to the dick, i posted here because this is the civic del sol part of the forum, i read the rules, i understand them, just because the first post contained no techinical information did not mean there wasn't any to come.
i dont think you will notice much HP gain with that swap. i think youre better off with a z6 head so it can be like a mini me swap.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Z1 is an economy engine and has probably the smallest intake runners, the B7 is larger and the Z6 and Y8 are even larger than the B7s

Good job. This is a place to learn, don't let jerks like sohc civic si get in the way.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i dont think you will notice much HP gain with that swap. i think youre better off with a z6 head so it can be like a mini me swap.
I believe that nets a very low compression ratio without major milling or pistons. The Z1 is also really weak.

OP, save your money and find another engine to swap in, and just use some of the Z1 parts like the aluminum mounts if you get another SOHC. Building up the Z1 would be like trying to polish a turd.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

then why did you post this?
come again? my goal was to get more information out of him, someone that may have done a similar set-up can come along and chime in to answer his question of what kind of power was to be expected, then once he makes it to the dyno (or maybe you'd be the only one to waste money dynoing a primarily stock d15z1) that way he knows what to expect, or what he SHOULD expect once it turns the rollers. i swear ever since they killed kills and used this kindercare vbulletin board i've had to slow things down to an unrealistic level for some 07's 08's and 09's (and unbelieveably an 05) to understand what the mother**** is going on.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wow...

OP, dont worry bro theres tons of douschbigalows here... Congrats on the swap, even tho it was strategically basic, it was still a swap and it was still a honda so ur definitely in the right place...

Some useful info for ya, the Z6 manifold owns the B7/Z1 ect, ect... Its fairly identical to the JDM D15B "along with the whole head that shares about 99% of the same characteristics as a Z6"... For more power open up ur exhaust to about 2.25" all the way back, an throw some headers & intake into the mix... Get a nice clutch "i have act stage 2 and grips awesome for under $300", its matched with a 95 si hatch Z6 tranny that shifts like butter...

But anyways, just do a bit of reading and you'll find more that have done swaps just like you, an get an idea of what ur puttin out and what u gain/lose from different combination's on ur motor...

www.d-series.org <~~~ They're more friendly of a crowd for D-Series swaps, so you'll definitely get more love for ur motor of choice over there, but as far as technical support and quick responses, HT ownz... That's why i've been here so long contributing info, and gathering info...

Good luck man...
Old 04-27-2009, 08:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by thumper64
I believe that nets a very low compression ratio without major milling or pistons. The Z1 is also really weak.

OP, save your money and find another engine to swap in, and just use some of the Z1 parts like the aluminum mounts if you get another SOHC. Building up the Z1 would be like trying to polish a turd.
lol thanks. it is a turd, its super slow. you have no idea how slow it is, seriously

come again? my goal was to get more information out of him, someone that may have done a similar set-up can come along and chime in to answer his question of what kind of power was to be expected, then once he makes it to the dyno (or maybe you'd be the only one to waste money dynoing a primarily stock d15z1) that way he knows what to expect, or what he SHOULD expect once it turns the rollers. i swear ever since they killed kills and used this kindercare vbulletin board i've had to slow things down to an unrealistic level for some 07's 08's and 09's (and unbelieveably an 05) to understand what the mother**** is going on.
lol thanks trying man

Originally Posted by JDM_SOHC
wow...

OP, dont worry bro theres tons of douschbigalows here... Congrats on the swap, even tho it was strategically basic, it was still a swap and it was still a honda so ur definitely in the right place...

Some useful info for ya, the Z6 manifold owns the B7/Z1 ect, ect... Its fairly identical to the JDM D15B "along with the whole head that shares about 99% of the same characteristics as a Z6"... For more power open up ur exhaust to about 2.25" all the way back, an throw some headers & intake into the mix... Get a nice clutch "i have act stage 2 and grips awesome for under $300", its matched with a 95 si hatch Z6 tranny that shifts like butter...

But anyways, just do a bit of reading and you'll find more that have done swaps just like you, an get an idea of what ur puttin out and what u gain/lose from different combination's on ur motor...

www.d-series.org <~~~ They're more friendly of a crowd for D-Series swaps, so you'll definitely get more love for ur motor of choice over there, but as far as technical support and quick responses, HT ownz... That's why i've been here so long contributing info, and gathering info...

Good luck man...
i just registered there, thanks man, ive never heard of the site before
Old 04-27-2009, 08:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Congrats on your first major part swap man.

If you want all the power you can out of your D without boosting, and staying with mostly honda parts, you're gonna wanna read up on a mini-me. its like a poor mans LS/VTEC but for D-Series motors basically though, you're pullin parts of EJ8s and EJ1's to make a hybrid D-Series. Some say the Z6 cam is hotter than the Y8 cam, I dunno what truth there is to that. However Im pretty sure its a fact that the Y8 has the best flowing Intake Manifold and deck.

So, read up about all the differences between the Z6 and the Y8 and see if you wanna do a mini-me. It wont net you any more power than a stock Y8 most likely, however it'll be good, decently cheap experience for you.

Also, the Y8 tranny good on acceleration so if ya wanna try and shave off some time in he 1/4, might be a good choice. Or look up the gear ratios you have now and only buy the ones you need Y8 tranny has a huge final drive. 4.25

As the other guy said, a good exhaust, headers and intake aka I/H/E would help you a bit. my Recommendations would be an AEM Short Ram Intake (or cool air if you dont get much rain) for headers, Megan Racing have some pretty good ones and its like $100-110 shipped from some venders, as for exhaust, there is no other way to got for me than an Apexi WS2. I think its the best sounding and quietest one out there so..just some options for ya.

Congrats on the swap again. hope this helped.

Quick Reply: It's alive!!