Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

ITR Spoiler on a Civic?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 04:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ITR Spoiler on a Civic?

I know this isn't the Appearance / Cosmetic forum, but I don't have access yet. Will a ITR spoiler fit a 96-00 Civic? I have a SI spoiler on my car, but just wondering how a ITR spoiler will look. Also, will this be consider 'rice'? Thanks.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:13 PM
Darth ModerVader

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: ITR Spoiler on a Civic? (ej6kthxm8)

No it won't fit properly - they are different dimensions. The OEM optional spoiler (which isn't an "Si" spoiler since it was available for any trim level) is quite similar in overall appearance to the ITR's wing, and it was designed to fit the Civic perfectly. I'd suggest sticking with that.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:19 PM

Okay, thanks. I don't want too drill anymore holes on my trunk.

Found this pic right now, it kinda looks good though.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ej6kthxm8)

that looks amazinggg
Old 01-24-2007, 05:01 PM

Default Re: (93CX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93CX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">that looks amazinggg </TD></TR></TABLE>

not my cup of tea but to each his own. I say the OEM spoiler usually found on the SI is pure secks, it has a perfect fitment on it. the ITR spoiler just looks off on it makes it look too big for the trunk. *shakes head*
Old 01-24-2007, 06:24 PM

Old 01-24-2007, 07:00 PM
Shenanigans

Default Re: (integrada9)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by integrada9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

not my cup of tea but to each his own. I say the OEM spoiler usually found on the SI is pure secks, it has a perfect fitment on it. the ITR spoiler just looks off on it makes it look too big for the trunk. *shakes head* </TD></TR></TABLE>
ditch the spoiler
Old 01-24-2007, 07:28 PM

Thanks for the input guys. I'm gonna keep the SI spoiler (or 99-00 spoiler) on my car. But if I ever decide to do something different, I'm going to buy a new trunk first.

A guy with a Civic in my town has a DC5 spoiler on his car. It's pretty outragous.
Old 01-24-2007, 07:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

looks nice
Old 01-24-2007, 08:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (racermiguel)

oem or no spoiler

that itr one
Old 01-24-2007, 10:48 PM

agreed with USDMej1, oem or none at all!
Old 01-25-2007, 02:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (cstylez)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cstylez &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">agreed with USDMej1, oem or none at all!</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 01-25-2007, 05:14 AM

Default Re: (integrada9)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by integrada9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">not my cup of tea but to each his own. I say the OEM spoiler usually found on the SI is pure secks, it has a perfect fitment on it. the ITR spoiler just looks off on it makes it look too big for the trunk. *shakes head* </TD></TR></TABLE>

troof.
Old 01-25-2007, 07:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

a type r wing will fit with little or no modifications besides drillen holes.
Old 01-25-2007, 07:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ej6kthxm8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Okay, thanks. I don't want too drill anymore holes on my trunk.

Found this pic right now, it kinda looks good though.
</TD></TR></TABLE>awesome ****** awesome
Old 01-25-2007, 07:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (raphael)

All that green EJ needs is a spoiler right above the rear window and its set
Old 01-25-2007, 07:50 AM

Nice looking paint.
Old 01-25-2007, 01:36 PM

its not an EJ its an EM, and its mine. thanks for the comments to some of you, and bear in mind just because its differant dosnt mean its rice oO!?..

oh and to the dude who said 'it wont fit' or whatever, lol.. it does.
Old 01-25-2007, 01:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wingless trunk looks 10x better
Old 01-25-2007, 01:56 PM
Darth ModerVader

Default Re: (murray_mint)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by murray_mint &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">oh and to the dude who said 'it wont fit' or whatever, lol.. it does.</TD></TR></TABLE>

If I'm the "dude" you're referring to, I'm perfectly correct. The ITR wing doesn't fit the Civic trunk properly because of the different angles and dimensions, which is also why it looks somewhat "off". Try removing an OEM Civic spoiler and bolting on the ITR wing in its place. Unless you want to drill more holes (which the original poster doesn't want to do) and end up with a wing that has an incorrect angle of attack, it won't work properly, just as I stated. Can it be made to fit? Sure. But that doesn't mean it will look right or function correctly.
Old 01-25-2007, 02:02 PM

stay away from that spoiler.....it looks fugly!!!! i got the same civic....trust, it looks better without one...save your money
Old 01-26-2007, 08:46 AM

hmm well each to their own, tbh i was 50/50 with the whole spoiler.

and to the ''dude'' .. ¬_¬ you do indeed need to drill holes in it, but if you are going to put an OEM one on (i.e. the USDM Si) then can the ''dude'' expalin how you would fit it WITHOUT drilling holes?..

no didnt think so, look just because you have to put holes in it dosnt in slightest mean 'It dosent fit' thats like saying, sorry mate your new Si spoiler u bought from Honda wont fit because you need to drill holes in your boot..

Plus the 'wing' isnt at an 'incorrect angle of attack' bearing in mind that the civic coupe and the ITR DC2 ISNT too far off a difference chases wise (I didnt say the same) If you know what your talking about the ITR spoiler is designed for drag as opposed to down force due the design of the coupe (as far as im aware) to try decrease the over all weight so its not going to 'damage' the handling etc of the civic at all..

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">http://www.itr-dc2.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19727&highlight=spoiler+wing</TD></TR></TABLE>

meh who cares its just a spoiler anyway
Old 01-26-2007, 09:07 AM
Darth ModerVader

Default Re: (murray_mint)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by murray_mint &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
and to the ''dude'' .. ¬_¬ you do indeed need to drill holes in it, but if you are going to put an OEM one on (i.e. the USDM Si) then can the ''dude'' expalin how you would fit it WITHOUT drilling holes?..</TD></TR></TABLE>

The original poster has an OEM Civic wing. Hence, there are already holes in his trunk. The ITR wing won't bolt on to those holes, hence, he'd have to drill even more holes.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by murray_mint &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">no didnt think so, look just because you have to put holes in it dosnt in slightest mean 'It dosent fit' thats like saying, sorry mate your new Si spoiler u bought from Honda wont fit because you need to drill holes in your boot..</TD></TR></TABLE>

Take some additional photos of the wing installed on the car, particularly the base and the trunk seams. Also, take a profile shot. As I stated, the dimensions and angle are not correct for the Civic. Yes, you can bolt it on, but that isn't my sole definition of "fits".

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by murray_mint &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Plus the 'wing' isnt at an 'incorrect angle of attack' bearing in mind that the civic coupe and the ITR DC2 ISNT too far off a difference chases wise (I didnt say the same) If you know what your talking about the ITR spoiler is designed for drag as opposed to down force due the design of the coupe (as far as im aware) to try decrease the over all weight so its not going to 'damage' the handling etc of the civic at all.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

The 6th gen Civic and the DC Integra are indeed somewhat similar in certain respects, but if you knew what you were talking about, you'd realise that the "chases" (that's chassis, BTW), and the outer body are two different things. The angles of the Civic trunk and the Integra hatch are not identical. Thus, when you bolt the ITR wing onto the Civic, you end up with an incorrect angle of attack. The ITR wing was designed as a functional aerodynamic piece, intended to reduce lift. I have no idea what you mean by "reduce weight".

Again, can you bolt the ITR wing onto a Civic if you drill holes in the right spots? Yes. Does it actually "fit" properly and function as it was intended to? No.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:12 AM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ej6kthxm8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"></TD></TR></TABLE>

I think that looks great, personally.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:20 AM

Wingless FTW !

Quick Reply: ITR Spoiler on a Civic?