Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

ITR rear sway and LCA bar mounting issues solved!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2001, 05:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ITR rear sway and LCA bar mounting issues solved!!

Well folks, I finally got around to sorting out a method for mounting my Neuspeed rear lower control arm tie bar with the ITR rear sway bar in place. Problems came up because the Beaks SRK II made mounting the LCA bar impossible. Here's what I found -

You need new longer bolts. The Neuspeed bar came with 100mm long 10.9 fine thread bolts which are longer than the stock LCA pivot bolts. An additional 20 to 30mm length is required because of the need to use a spacer to get the Neuspeed bar away from the subframe. Neuspeed included one that is too short for the current set up w/the ITR sway. So I had a set of four spacers made at a machine shop. Two were 3/4" and two were 1" length. I installed the 3/4" ones last night, with the special order 125mm bolts. It all fit together perfectly, and solved the problem!! However, I could have used the 1" spacers since there was quite a length of thread through the fixed nut on the back of the LCA mount bracket. Still, if it works now, why mess with it??

So, I now have two more of the special order bolts (I had to get 4 for a minimum order), and two spacers. It all cost me a shade over $60, so if anyone is interested in doing this, I'd be happy to provide the hardware for $30 plus shipping (not much since its light).

Steve
Old 11-28-2001, 05:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ITR rear sway and LCA bar mounting issues solved!! (stevecockrill)

this is for which year car?
Old 11-28-2001, 06:28 AM

Default Re: ITR rear sway and LCA bar mounting issues solved!! (DragIIcivic)

This is for the EG Civic and del Sol (I have a del Sol) - 92-95.

Steve
Old 07-28-2003, 03:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well crap thanks for the info
Old 07-28-2003, 03:08 PM

Default Re: ITR rear sway and LCA bar mounting issues solved!! (skribblah)

Holy crap that's an old thread!!

Steve
Old 07-28-2003, 03:14 PM

Good info though.

Steve, how do you like the ITR rear bar? Had you been running anything previous to it?

I've been considering going with the ITR, but I'm happy with the rotation I get with my stock one currently. Was just wondering what your impressions were
Old 07-28-2003, 04:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

even though this is an old topic......

I think Wil at Beaks sells kits with longer bolts for if you are going to be running a rear tie bar. The skunk2/nuespeed kit is like 10-15 dollars I think.
Old 07-28-2003, 05:21 PM

Default Re: ITR rear sway and LCA bar mounting issues solved!! (delsolguy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by delsolguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Good info though.

Steve, how do you like the ITR rear bar? Had you been running anything previous to it?

I've been considering going with the ITR, but I'm happy with the rotation I get with my stock one currently. Was just wondering what your impressions were </TD></TR></TABLE>

I really like the ITR rear sway. I went from the stock Si no rear sway to the ITR and its nice and neutral, very controllable on the throttle. Its just something that has to work with better shocks and springs to minimize the possibility of subframe tearout.

Personally, the ride in my del Sol is a tad harsh for daily driving over rough roads. On smooth surfaces, highways its real nice - good and firm and easy to predict. It does get a bit much on really shitty roads and cobblestones (!). My wife's not too keen on it, and its not good for long distance with her. But I like the stiff ride, aside from the rattles it induces (to be fixed with the rebuild coming soon).

POS Hatchback - yeah, Wil came out with the all-in-one and upgrade kits right after I got mine sorted and installed. I had a hell of a time finding appropriate bolts of the right strength and length. That's why mine were so expensive. But worth it!

Steve
Old 07-28-2003, 05:28 PM

Are those Progress coilovers? Don't mean to go so OT, but how do you like those as well?
Old 07-28-2003, 06:11 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by delsolguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Are those Progress coilovers? Don't mean to go so OT, but how do you like those as well? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, and they are great. The ride quality isn't adjustable, but you can revalve and/or rebuild the shocks (or have Progress do a custom valving). I like that. They are pretty firm, but like I said before, that's the way I like it.

Steve
Old 07-28-2003, 11:23 PM

Do you know what kind of spring rates are on those?
Old 08-11-2003, 05:05 PM

*jumping in* I was also wondering the same thing.. and how do they compare with koni yellows?
Old 08-11-2003, 05:12 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by delsolguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Do you know what kind of spring rates are on those?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I believe the rates are ~250 rear, 300 front. However, just call Progress on their toll free number 800 905-6687 - they'll tell you for sure.

I can't compare them to the Koni's as I've no experience, however, I am VERY happy with the ride (a tad rattley, but that's about the only negative side).

Steve