Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Which ITR rear seats are these? And will they fit in my EG...

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2004, 10:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Which ITR rear seats are these? And will they fit in my EG...

With just swapping the covers and cushion from the backs onto mine, and I know the bottom is going to have a gap, as I already installed it, and removed it for the time being.

Here's the gap in the back, I guess they are from a coupe, but I thought the backs had at least similar mounting points.

So if I swap the backs onto mine, I am assuming I am going to have to cut a hole, but just seeing if anyone has done this one using these particular seats.
Old 06-02-2004, 10:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Which ITR rear seats are these? And will they fit in my EG... (92b16vx)

I was unaware of the ITR ever coming as a coupe. Does that help?
Old 06-02-2004, 10:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Which ITR rear seats are these? And will they fit in my EG... (Spade)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Spade &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I was unaware of the ITR ever coming as a coupe. Does that help?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Honda calls this a coupe...

So, I do too.
Old 06-02-2004, 10:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Which ITR rear seats are these? And will they fit in my EG... (92b16vx)

honda called my integra a hatchback
Old 06-02-2004, 10:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 92b16vx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Honda calls this a coupe...

So, I do too.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Bah, I meant Sedan/4door whatever. ITRs only came as the 3 door coupe. If those are ITR seats, then they came out of the 3 door.

Old 06-02-2004, 10:26 AM
Trial User

Default Re: Which ITR rear seats are these? And will they fit in my EG... (Spade)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Spade &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
ITRs only came as the 3 door coupe. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Your wrong.. ITRs did come in 4 door sedans just like our integras in the US.. they were rare but ive seen pics of them before, i just cant find one now to post..

those seats look like they come out of a 3 door integra coupe or hatchback, whatever you want to call it.. you can tell by the gap on the sides, if they came out of a 4 door the gap on the sides would not be there..

*edit*
here is your pic of the 4 door integra type r

Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Spade &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Bah, I meant Sedan/4door whatever. ITRs only came as the 3 door coupe. If those are ITR seats, then they came out of the 3 door.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Well, they are from a ITR, and they (ITR's) also came in four door sedans..

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by x743x &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">honda called my integra a hatchback</TD></TR></TABLE>
Interesting, here it's called a coupe...

http://www.honda.co.jp/HOT/Mod....html
Honda-Tech Member

they'll fit but will have gaps on the sides.
Old 06-02-2004, 10:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Which ITR rear seats are these? And will they fit in my EG... (Boostfedb18c1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boostfedb18c1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Your wrong.. ITRs did come in 4 door sedans just like our integras in the US.. they were rare but ive seen pics of them before, i just cant find one now to post..

those seats look like they come out of a 3 door integra coupe or hatchback, whatever you want to call it.. you can tell by the gap on the sides, if they came out of a 4 door the gap on the sides would not be there..</TD></TR></TABLE>
Thanks, that's what I figured, but wanted a second (or third) opinion. Do you know, before I dismantle my seats, if the backs will swap directly onto hte EG frames?
Old 06-02-2004, 10:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Which ITR rear seats are these? And will they fit in my EG... (EGkwazhimoto)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EGkwazhimoto &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">they'll fit but will have gaps on the sides.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Yea, I put the bottom in, but I am more concerned with the backs. I can just lay some carpet under the bottom. Also if anyone cares, on these the bracket that bolts the rear most portion of the bottom is on hte opposite side of the EG's.
Old 06-02-2004, 10:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

there are really no "frames", everything just clips in
Old 06-02-2004, 10:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Which ITR rear seats are these? And will they fit in my EG... (xerox445)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by xerox445 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">there are really no "frames", everything just clips in</TD></TR></TABLE>
What clips in? The mounting points are completely different on these then hte EG/EH, so I am guess I have to swap the metal portion underneath (what I call the frame) from one to the other.
Old 06-02-2004, 10:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

do you mean for the back of the seats, or the part you actually sit on?
Old 06-02-2004, 10:34 AM
New User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Which ITR rear seats are these? And will they fit in my EG... (Boostfedb18c1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boostfedb18c1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

those seats look like they come out of a 3 door integra coupe or hatchback, whatever you want to call it.. you can tell by the gap on the sides, if they came out of a 4 door the gap on the sides would not be there.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, just like this piece here from an ITR sedan......

Fits perfectly into a Civic coupe.
Old 06-02-2004, 11:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Which ITR rear seats are these? And will they fit in my EG... (Newman)

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=864127

Theres my DB8- ITR 4 door rear seats in a 96 coupe. For your eg you should use the 2 door back rest and the 4 door *** pad. I think this would work the best.
Old 06-02-2004, 11:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 92b16vx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Well, they are from a ITR, and they (ITR's) also came in four door sedans..

Interesting, here it's called a coupe...

http://www.honda.co.jp/HOT/Mod....html</TD></TR></TABLE>

****! I've been paying too much attention to Civics apparently. Man, I cannot believe I didn't know this.
me.
Old 06-02-2004, 11:23 AM

If I'm not mistaken that gap can be fixed rather easily by bending or cutting that little hoop clip thing.

I remember Jeff Sloan on hybrids.jp doing a how-to a couple years back. Don't really feel like searching but you might find it in the old site's archives. http://hybrid2.honda-perf.org/. Hope this helps.
Old 06-02-2004, 11:30 AM
New User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Which ITR rear seats are these? And will they fit in my EG... (VtecDeMoN)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VtecDeMoN &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If I'm not mistaken that gap can be fixed rather easily by bending or cutting that little hoop clip thing.

I remember Jeff Sloan on hybrids.jp doing a how-to a couple years back</TD></TR></TABLE>

I remember it.... I think it was for fitting that same ITR coupe rear lower piece into a Civic hatchback and not a coupe (since he hadn't owned a coupe yet), and with that lower piece you can make it fit into the hatchbacks w/out any problems.
Old 06-02-2004, 01:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I looked through the site, I didn't see an article, or a Jeff Sloan .
Old 06-02-2004, 10:13 PM

Default Re: (92b16vx)

Go to http://honda.hybrids.jp/forum click on User list. You'll find Jeff Sloan. Email him and he'll tell you what he did.

Brian
Old 06-03-2004, 01:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (VtecDeMoN)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VtecDeMoN &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Go to http://honda.hybrids.jp/forum click on User list. You'll find Jeff Sloan. Email him and he'll tell you what he did.

Brian</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks, I emailed him, so hopefully the address is still good. I searched his post back to May 01, but didn't find any threads

If anyone else has done this, feel free to post it up
Old 06-05-2004, 02:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (VtecDeMoN)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VtecDeMoN &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Go to http://honda.hybrids.jp/forum click on User list. You'll find Jeff Sloan. Email him and he'll tell you what he did.

Brian</TD></TR></TABLE>

I gues not...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hello,

This must have been an error. I haven't done this installation as you
mentioned. I do know that the ITR hatchback rear seats fit in the EG
hatchback, and the ITR sedan rear seats fit in the coupe.

Hope this helps
Jeff</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 06-05-2004, 09:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

no ones done this?
Old 06-05-2004, 10:07 PM

I've done it.....not with itr seats, but gsr's.....same thing...differnt material....for the best fit into an ej..(eg coupe) here's what I did for a full seat swapout:

I bought the front buckets and rear upper out of a gsr 3 dr hatch/coupe and the rear lower seat out of a 4 dr gsr sedan.
You <U>CANNOT</U> use a 2dr rear upper in an ej because of the folddown mechanism...I believe this will only work in egs since they have a split folding rear.

I redrilled the front buckets so all 4 holes bolted up and that allowed me to not have to switch rails
Next I put the 4 dr lower gsr seat in....I had to redrill and tap the hole which bolts the back of the lower rear to the body...on the gsr seat it was about 3 inches to the right of the factory hole for the civic seat.
Finally, and I'm not sure if you'll wanna do this or not, I took the gsr rear upper and the side bolsters that I got out of the 2 dr along with my civic upper all to an upohlstery shop....they used the gsr upper leather along with the additional leather from the bolsters and put it on the civic seat for a factory fit.
This has to be done because the rear upper on the gsr is narrower than the civic...thus using the additional bolsters on the side to compensate. The gsr seat will bolt right in to the civic, but you're gonna have a 2 inch gap on each side so that's how I took care of that.
All in all, the only thing I had to do was add a little patch of carpet on each side of the lower rear where the gsr seat curves and the civic didn't....wasn't that big a deal and still came out looking factory.....

there's ALOT of wrong info out there and when I tried to get info on how to do this noone told me **** so I figured it out on my own....hope this helps and good luck...I'll post pics when I get off my *** and take some......