Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

ITR Flywheel

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 03:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ITR Flywheel

I understand theOEM ITR flywheel is lighter than the OEM Si slightly. Would that be enough to make any difference? Would it be better than a Findanza ightened flywheel?
Old 05-24-2006, 05:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ITR Flywheel (Slammed_am)

yes they are slightly lighter(I don't know by how much but it's less than a 5lb difference), It will make a slight improvement in how quick the motor wants to rev. If you were to go with an aftermarket lightweight flywheel go with a forged chromoly steel one such as exedy or act. With the people that I know used an aluminum flywheel, on 3 or 4 the teeth came off the flywheel(all of those occurred within the first year or two.... and 2 of those were fidanzas ) also if you plan on boosting stay above 12lbs for a flywheel, otherwise lighter the better(you can quickly get used to driving with a light flywheel in traffic...it took me only 2 days)
Old 05-24-2006, 07:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks for that info. I don't plan on boosting, unless I come into some big money, So it's just going to be a mild build up.

With that in mind, between an OEM ITR and ACT or Exedy flywheel, what would be the best bet? I heard you won't loose as much torque wit hthe ITR, but with lighter aftermarket ones you will.

I also plan on mating it up with an Exedy Organic Clutch.
Old 05-24-2006, 07:21 PM

Default Re: ITR Flywheel (Slammed_am)

Lighter flywheel will let you accelerate quicker but you lose momentum so after you let off the gas its very sensitive. you also might stall more often just because you're not used to it yet but eventually its great.
Old 05-24-2006, 07:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The ACT "street" flywheel and the OEm ITR flywheel are aboutthe same price. ACT flywheel is around 12lbs, but no idea on the ITR. Basically I'm deciding between these two. Any suggestions?
Old 05-24-2006, 10:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Slammed_am)

I have the exedy flywheel, after I got used to it(took a couple of days) I gotta say it's easily one of the best improvements I've made on my B16A with all the boltons. I've heard good things about ACT and I can personally reccomend the exedy. Just know...the lighter you go the more sensitive it will be, the exedy and ACTs prolight are very light compared to others and will allow you to rev quicker which is good/fun for people who want the quickest throttle response possible, and the heavier flywheels such as the ITR & ACTs streetlight are better suited for a more conservative driver.
Old 05-24-2006, 10:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (broketuner-egb16a)

i went from stock B16 to an ITR and there is a definite difference. I LOVE how the ITR feels. it's damn near perfect
Old 05-25-2006, 11:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ADVAN EG2)

i got the act streetlite, put it in when i did my clutch. not much difference. from all the stuff i read i thought it would have been more noticeable. still a good investment
Old 05-25-2006, 01:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Heretic:Si)

i just went from a JDM ITR to a toda... illl let you know how it is when i throw the motor back in
Old 05-25-2006, 01:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Slammed_am)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Slammed_am &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thanks for that info. I don't plan on boosting, unless I come into some big money, So it's just going to be a mild build up.

With that in mind, between an OEM ITR and ACT or Exedy flywheel, what would be the best bet? I heard you won't loose as much torque wit hthe ITR, but with lighter aftermarket ones you will.

I also plan on mating it up with an Exedy Organic Clutch.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm currently running an ACT Streetlite flywheel with an Exedy organic clutch. The flywheel feels just right but the Exedy clutch material is not consistant. Sometimes it will grab out of no where and my car does not get abused. Just my experience.

The only thing that is consistant about my Exedy clutch is that it has always has been inconsistant. When it's time to change it I will go with an OEM ITR clutch.