Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

ITR cd player in EG

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 11:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ITR cd player in EG

As a previous long time member of the VWvortex (dont flame!) I know how important searching is beforehand. I searched, but got nothing.

Last night I purchased my first Honda, a 94 Civic Ex with 156k on the clock bone stock and driven by a responsible older male for the sum of $2400. It's very clean except for the minor typical Honda rust on the rear fenders but not bad at all. Also one of the corner lights are cracked but again, very minor.

I would like to update the cd player to something OEM to keep a fresh OEM+ look with the car. I recently came across an ITR cd player for $50 and thought it would be a good buy. Will it plug right in? And will it sit flush and look okay in the car?

Thank you!

Modified by ry_guy at 7:39 AM 10/29/2006
Old 10-12-2006, 12:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: ITR cd player in EG (ry_guy)

I have an ITR cd player in my hatch. The only difference between this and any regular Integra cd player is that it lights up amber. $50 is a good deal as they usually sell for $100. It is plug and play and sits really nice.

Old 10-12-2006, 01:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

just because its ldm dont mean you HAVE to get it
Old 10-12-2006, 03:41 PM

Default Re: (mtt311)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mtt311 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just because its ldm dont mean you HAVE to get it</TD></TR></TABLE>

Whenever did I say I HADDDDDD to have it? It's cheap and why would I get a regular OEM Honda CD player for $25 dollars more + shipping when I get can the ITR one?
Old 10-12-2006, 06:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mtt311)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mtt311 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just because its ldm dont mean you HAVE to get it</TD></TR></TABLE>

Uhh, mine isn't JDM.
Old 10-12-2006, 06:33 PM
HT White Ops

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

expletive, I loves stock audio. My girl's got an Si deck in her coupe with amber lighting everywhere, and I went back to my stock lighting with the OEM radio and cd slave in a 1.6EL Lower Console.

^^^ Back when I had a tape slave because I couldn't find a cd player

So yeah, in short, stock for the win. Get the ITR CD player or a 99-00 Si deck (make sure it has a cut pigtail on it.)
Old 10-12-2006, 06:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Eran)

That 1.6 EL lower console looks badass. Did you need the cupholder part from an EL as well to fit it?
Old 10-12-2006, 07:06 PM
HT White Ops

Default Re: (BlueIntegraBoy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlueIntegraBoy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That 1.6 EL lower console looks badass. Did you need the cupholder part from an EL as well to fit it?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yep.
Old 10-12-2006, 07:14 PM

Aha, well the catch with the radio is that it has no code with it. Is it fairly easy to get from a Honda/Acura dealer?
Old 10-12-2006, 07:16 PM
HT White Ops

Default Re: (ry_guy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ry_guy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Aha, well the catch with the radio is that it has no code with it. Is it fairly easy to get from a Honda/Acura dealer?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Bring the radio in, and explain the situation fully. Basically, they need to believe you didn't steal it.
Old 10-13-2006, 05:35 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Bring the radio in, and explain the situation fully. Basically, they need to believe you didn't steal it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks for the help . I actually went ahead and called the a couple dealerships beforehand with the serial number in hopes they'd give it to me. It was a success, I got the code so I bought the ITR radio.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...MT:31

Twas a good deal .
Old 10-13-2006, 06:52 AM

Figured I'd ask another question here rather than create a new thread.

Will 5 1/4 speakers fit anywhere in my EX? It did come with the Acoustic Research system or something. I just have a set of Rockford's left over from my jetta going to waste.
Old 10-13-2006, 08:25 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry if this sounds like negative critisizm, but why are you going through the effort of keeping a stock head unit? Honda head units are pretty boring, and compared to anything aftermarket, suck. Id sell it for 50$ and hell, get some used aftermarket speakers, since honda's stock speakers.....well suck cause there cheap paper. I'm not saying dont waste your time, but if you want better sound, you can get an aftermarket CD player thats gonna have a lot better, newer technology...for less money. Find one used, almost anything is gonna be better than a stock head unit. I've driven quite a few Hondas, and the only half-decent stock stereo I saw was in the 01 Prelude.

However, if you are adament about the stock look, let me know if you need any wiring diagrams, I got some Helms books. I will strongly encourage you though to go with an aftermarket head unit. Welcome to Honda-land, VWvortex is a cool site.
Old 10-13-2006, 08:45 AM
HT White Ops

Default Re: ITR cd player in EG (Redline57)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Redline57 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sorry if this sounds like negative critisizm, but why are you going through the effort of keeping a stock head unit? Honda head units are pretty boring, and compared to anything aftermarket, suck. Id sell it for 50$ and hell, get some used aftermarket speakers, since honda's stock speakers.....well suck cause there cheap paper. I'm not saying dont waste your time, but if you want better sound, you can get an aftermarket CD player thats gonna have a lot better, newer technology...for less money. Find one used, almost anything is gonna be better than a stock head unit. I've driven quite a few Hondas, and the only half-decent stock stereo I saw was in the 01 Prelude.

However, if you are adament about the stock look, let me know if you need any wiring diagrams, I got some Helms books. I will strongly encourage you though to go with an aftermarket head unit. Welcome to Honda-land, VWvortex is a cool site.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Funny .... I have all stock audio in my car, stock door speakers, stock DX rear speakers, stock Si/EX mirror tweeters, stock radio, stock cd slave, and my audio sounds amazingly clear and deep. It sounds just as good as my 92 accord that had phoenix gold separates, JL! 6x9's, and a $300 Panasonic deck. I have people get in my car and ask what kind of speakers I have, ask if I have an amp.

Stock audio FTW.
Old 10-13-2006, 09:36 AM
Cigarette Squad

Default Re: ITR cd player in EG (Eran)

Not getting stolen FTW
...who steals stock audio stufffff
Old 10-13-2006, 10:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ITR cd player in EG (Eran)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Funny .... I have all stock audio in my car, stock door speakers, stock DX rear speakers, stock Si/EX mirror tweeters, stock radio, stock cd slave, and my audio sounds amazingly clear and deep. It sounds just as good as my 92 accord that had phoenix gold separates, JL! 6x9's, and a $300 Panasonic deck. I have people get in my car and ask what kind of speakers I have, ask if I have an amp.

Stock audio FTW.</TD></TR></TABLE>

tru story
Old 10-13-2006, 02:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

were did you get that lower console and how much?
Old 10-13-2006, 02:22 PM

Default Re: (MugenManR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MugenManR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">were did you get that lower console and how much?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Word! You live in the next town over from me.
Old 10-13-2006, 02:49 PM
HT White Ops

A guy on HT, and $170 shipped.
Old 10-13-2006, 09:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

waht guy?
Old 10-13-2006, 09:08 PM
HT White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MugenManR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">waht guy?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Don't remember. He lived in canada. Acutally drove an EL. I think he was converting to a stock civic interior LOL.
Old 10-14-2006, 11:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

were could i get one now
Old 10-14-2006, 11:05 AM
HT White Ops

Goddamn .... I'm not talking to you anymore. Trying to jock my **** lol.

Find an Acura dealership in canada that will ship to the US.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:36 PM

I'm guessing this isn't an OEM ITR cd player? It isn't glowing amber. Any idea what model it's from?
Old 10-17-2006, 06:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ry_guy)

That isn't an ITR radio. It's from a 94-01 Integra other than an ITR.

The ITR will have an ambr display and amber lighting. Sorry man.

Quick Reply: ITR cd player in EG