Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

ITR brake questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2005, 04:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ITR brake questions

Wassup fellas,

i've got my little sol here with gsr front brakes and stock rear discs, i'm going to be installing some stainless steel lines soon. Anyway, the point is, I'm looking to get the ITR master cyl, booster, and prop valve. Are there any sites or places, other than the overpriced local Acura dealer, that sells these parts? A little help would be greatly appreciated.

Copper
Old 10-01-2005, 04:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if your car came with rear discs, then you already have the proper proportioning valve utilized for the use w/ rear discs.

there is not much point in spending the $ for ITR Master Cylinder and Brake Booster since you are not upgrading your actual caliper.

i mean, yes you upgraded from stock del sol to gsr calipers, I am assuming your stock Rotor Size is the SAME as the GSR rotor size, but the piston diameter should be larger on the GSR caliper. given that, your stock MC should be 7/8 or 15/16... stock ITR MC is 1"

the $ spent can be used towards other things...

i'm putting on ITR Calipers and Prelude SRV rotors redrilled to 4x100 to my 2000 Acura 1.6EL (equivalent to the USDM 2000 Honda Civic EX Sedan). I have rear discs to install as well and I will change to the EM1 (Si/SiR) PV becoz my stock rears are drums thus my stock PV isn't utilized for rear discs.

hope that all makes sense.

correct me if i'm wrong please!
Old 10-01-2005, 06:32 PM

thats right,

if you have drum rear > disc swap, then a prop. valve is needed,

if your swapping disc for disc, (why?!) then the prop. valve isnt needed,

15/16th is suitable even if you run a prelude bb1/bb4 caliper and disc swap for front.
Old 10-01-2005, 08:23 PM

Default Re: (blazed_racer)

i was under the impression that the ITR prop valve provided a different ration of braking force from front to rear.

as for the difference between my stock front brakes to the gsr's....my stock fronts rotors were considerably smaller in diameter than the GSR's, the caliper piston is also larger on the gsr's as are the pads.

I hope to find more specific information on these parts because I've seen several people using the ITR MC ... i'm not sure exactly what the benefit is over mine, but hey if it lets me stop better than i'm all for it...

I should mention that my sol has 215000 miles and i'm pretty sure the MC has never been replaced, so if i'm going to replace it, might as well get something better, right?
Old 10-02-2005, 12:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ahhh ok, if it is time to replace your MC, then most DEFNITELY, I would go for ITR MC/Booster as well.

as for prop valve... I'm swapping to Si[R] rear discs on my EL/Civic, so I will choose to go with the Si[R] prop valve.
Old 10-02-2005, 10:08 AM

i just wish i could find more specific info on the spec's to the ITR brake components so I could see what the benefits over my stock components would be. As well as where I could buy them.
Old 10-02-2005, 03:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

from the ITR set i test fitted and purchased this weekend, other than the distinct rotor diameter increase, the caliper piston was measured to have an outer piston diameter of 57mm, is that around 2.25"?

not a lot of info, but just a bit.

the ITR calipers should be the largest B-series caliper available. this is the rumour I have gathered.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:06 AM

i've heard of people with the ITR 5-lug running NSX calipers and rotors
Old 10-03-2005, 10:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

yeah, you can run nsx/legend 2-piston calipers on the 11" rotor (this means itr, prelude, accord wagon)

(These bolt directly to the 10" rotor'd knuckle too...though the rotor doesnt)