Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

ITR 5 lug swaps

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 07:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ITR 5 lug swaps

How difficult is it to put an ITR 5 lug conversion onto a 99 Si?

What things should I make sure I do, or look for?
Old 02-02-2004, 07:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: ITR 5 lug swaps (cvclover)

it's an easy conversion...
do some searching-i'm sure it's been covered many times.
chris
Old 02-02-2004, 02:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ITR 5 lug swaps (TeamNextGenChris)

save your money,all looks. build a better set-up for alot cheaper
Old 02-02-2004, 02:25 PM

well, its not difficult from what i understand but a little time consuming and alot of money topics can be found here https://honda-tech.com/zerosearch
Old 02-02-2004, 02:27 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cvclover &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How difficult is it to put an ITR 5 lug conversion onto a 99 Si?

What things should I make sure I do, or look for?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Its easy.. but cosmetic only.
Old 02-02-2004, 02:34 PM
OG triple OG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: ITR 5 lug swaps (infinatenexus)

ya , bigger brakes are just cosmetic only
Old 02-02-2004, 02:37 PM

Default Re: ITR 5 lug swaps (Hella_JDM)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hella_JDM &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ya , bigger brakes are just cosmetic only</TD></TR></TABLE>

And how many people actuaily "need" bigger brakes?
Old 02-02-2004, 02:39 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by infinatenexus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

And how many people actuaily "need" bigger brakes?</TD></TR></TABLE>
well with civic's, you could always use bigger brakes, stock ones are like eggo waffles
Old 02-02-2004, 02:40 PM

Default Re: ITR 5 lug swaps (B18bEK)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18bEK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
well with civic's, you could always use bigger brakes, stock ones are like eggo waffles </TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL.. I auto X on my stock diameter brakes with no problems.
Old 02-02-2004, 02:41 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by infinatenexus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

LOL.. I auto X on my stock diameter brakes with no problems.</TD></TR></TABLE>
awesome you must auto x with Driven and have mad driving skillz.
Old 02-02-2004, 02:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ITR 5 lug swaps (GRAVEDIGGER)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GRAVEDIGGER &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">save your money,all looks. build a better set-up for alot cheaper</TD></TR></TABLE>
right..you can have an equivalent or better brake system for about the same price.
check out http://www.fastbrakes.com/
just won't have the blingin 5th lug.
chris
Old 02-02-2004, 02:54 PM

Default Re: ITR 5 lug swaps (B18bEK)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18bEK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
awesome you must auto x with Driven and have mad driving skillz.</TD></TR></TABLE>

They definately got yout title right.
Old 02-02-2004, 02:57 PM

They definately got yout title right.</TD></TR></TABLE>
i know, don't you like it. and to the above post, maybe he wants a brake upgrade without having to get bigger wheels. i know that fast brakes makes a kit for the wilwoods to fit under 15's, but i think its additional money for the brackets 5 lug can be had for a decent price these days!
Old 02-02-2004, 03:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

http://www.jdmvtec.com
Old 02-02-2004, 03:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

**** hate on people who want to mod their car with their money. You can suggest all the **** you want but, posting **** like this:

<FONT COLOR="red">OH! I am hating cause I dont have the money to do it, but I can save a buck or to and buy some call fast brakes.</FONT>

<FONT COLOR="orange">HAHA RICER, I dont know how to answer your thread but I want to boost my point count and the board moral so keep on with the stunner mods *** +1 post count</FONT>

<FONT COLOR="yellow">fastbrakes.com +1 post count</FONT>

<FONT COLOR="green">Yeah I dont have anything better to do but add some second hand information I saw on honda-tech to your post. Your ****** gay if you get a 5 lug when you can be cool and get a street race set up from fastbrakes.com for about 200 less than a 5 lug conversion.</FONT>

<FONT COLOR="blue">I road race on my stock brakes when im in mah car! And damn right, they're better than yours. Damn right, they're better than yours!!!</FONT>

Just shows where you belong in the rainbow, if he asked about a good racing brake set up then your arguments are valid;However, he asked what goes into installing a 5 lug.

Man you guys need to stop being **** about the 5 lug **** and jumping into the post with all of the bullshit.

anyone who posted fastbrakes this and that please explain to me how to install a 5 lug conversion or what upgrades I may possibly need with the 5 lug swap? what calipers should I use with the upgrage? Should I get stainless lines? if so why?

You guys just sit and stone someone when they need some help. **** aint cool man.

I am not hating on fastbrakes, I was actually going to get his setup but, I cant mount a spoon caliper to a 4x100 wheel and then get it to fit w/o spacers.
Old 02-02-2004, 04:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Not hard at all. Make sure the bearings and balljoints are in good shape. Impossible to check if the parts are off the donor car but I drove the donor car before I bought them. Best to replace them while they're out (if needed). As long as it's the complete front spindles and rear trailing arms, it should just be a bolt on. And it would help if it came with a bigger booster and master but not absolutely necessary.

Do what you like. It's your money, it's your car. 5-lug=not bling. Any car can do with more brakes. Power/acceleration isn't everything.
Old 02-02-2004, 05:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

And how many people actuaily "need" bigger brakes?</TD></TR></TABLE>ME
Old 02-02-2004, 05:48 PM
R.I.P. Andy

Default Re: ITR 5 lug swaps (OOsi)

this debate always goes on, size has to matter some, youre tellin me a disc that is 3 inches will stop as good as a 12"? no, 5 lug is hella easy to put on a si, just make sure when you buy it that its complete, thats all I can really suggest, white 5lug looks sick on a red si imo
Old 02-02-2004, 05:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ITR 5 lug swaps (137)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 137 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">**** hate on people who want to mod their car with their money. You can suggest all the **** you want but, posting **** like this:

<FONT COLOR="red">OH! I am hating cause I dont have the money to do it, but I can save a buck or to and buy some call fast brakes.</FONT>

<FONT COLOR="orange">HAHA RICER, I dont know how to answer your thread but I want to boost my point count and the board moral so keep on with the stunner mods *** +1 post count</FONT>

<FONT COLOR="green">Yeah I dont have anything better to do but add some second hand information I saw on honda-tech to your post. Your ****** gay if you get a 5 lug when you can be cool and get a street race set up from fastbrakes.com for about 200 less than a 5 lug conversion.</FONT>

<FONT COLOR="blue">I road race on my stock brakes when im in mah car! And damn right, they're better than yours. Damn right, they're better than yours!!!</FONT>

Just shows where you belong in the rainbow, if he asked about a good racing brake set up then your arguments are valid;However, he asked what goes into installing a 5 lug.

Man you guys need to stop being **** about the 5 lug **** and jumping into the post with all of the bullshit.

anyone who posted fastbrakes this and that please explain to me how to install a 5 lug conversion or what upgrades I may possibly need with the 5 lug swap? what calipers should I use with the upgrage? Should I get stainless lines? if so why?

You guys just sit and stone someone when they need some help. **** aint cool man.

I am not hating on fastbrakes, I was actually going to get his setup but, I cant mount a spoon caliper to a 4x100 wheel and then get it to fit w/o spacers. </TD></TR></TABLE>
"OH! I am hating cause I dont have the money to do it, but I can save a buck or to and buy some call fast brakes"-look at my cars guy-i think i can afford 5 lug if i wanted it.
"fastbrakes.com +1 post count"-Fastbrakes makes some good stuff,are you doubting that?
"Yeah I dont have anything better to do but add some second hand information I saw on honda-tech to your post. Your ****** gay if you get a 5 lug when you can be cool and get a street race set up from fastbrakes.com for about 200 less than a 5 lug conversion"-second hand information?sorry,i haven't learned one thing on here!everything i've learned was from Hybrid-and much i've learned about brakes was from Brian Hasty,long before there was a Fastbrakes..you're just reminding me why i was reluctant to become a member here for the past few years.

and what exactly the **** is so informative about your post?
come on the board and boost your post count +1 by making fun of everybody else,and not provide any useful info to the topic?
the guy asks how to do something that's been covered numerous times on here.
if he wants to know how to do it,all he needs to do is search.
i gave him my opinion on what he should do instead of the 5-lug.he didn't say if he wanted to do it mainly for looks or performance.just in case he's doing it for performance,i gave him another option to look at.if he's doing it more for looks-that's fine.i've said before on here that it's YOUR car and YOUR money,do what YOU want with it.
maybe i read your post the wrong way-i got that you're being a ******** for no reason.if i'm wrong,sorry.if that was the way you intended it to be taken,then **** you very much too.
chris
Old 02-02-2004, 06:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 137 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">**** hate on people who want to mod their car with their money. You can suggest all the **** you want but, posting **** like this:

I am not hating on fastbrakes, I was actually going to get his setup but, I cant mount a spoon caliper to a 4x100 wheel and then get it to fit w/o spacers. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree with him, more often then not, if I make a post or even in other people post. Only a few people actually offer an answer to the question at hand the rest are just pointless opinions on how he spent to much money to make his car look nice, its not fast enough or something like that.

His post also may not be useful, hell mine isnt either, but I just have to back him up on what he said since it goes on soooo much, it gets really frustrating when all you need is an answer to your question but if it has anything to do with "bling" all you get is negativity.
Old 02-02-2004, 06:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ITR 5 lug swaps (Sassafrass)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sassafrass &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I agree with him, more often then not, if I make a post or even in other people post. Only a few people actually offer an answer to the question at hand the rest are just pointless opinions on how he spent to much money to make his car look nice, its not fast enough or something like that.

His post also may not be useful, hell mine isnt either, but I just have to back him up on what he said since it goes on soooo much, it gets really frustrating when all you need is an answer to your question but if it has anything to do with "bling" all you get is negativity.</TD></TR></TABLE>
i can appreciate your response.you seem to be able to convey your opinions like an adult,instead of some "you're a ***" post.
i know that most of the replies are off the original topic,but this also happens to be a topic that's been beaten to death-the guy can find plenty of "how-to" and "what's needed" posts on the ITR brake conversion.as i said in my original post-just search.if he were asking how to do something that hasn't been covered before,i'd be more than happy to help him out with a how-to....like i also said above-the poster didn't make his intentions clear for why he wanted to do the swap.in case they were more performance-oriented,i gave him another option.i was just trying to help him out.
regards,
Chris
Old 02-02-2004, 06:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes, I can also see that aspect of it, because I also know that this topic has been covered and covered and covered.

I wasnt pointing the finger at you either, just so you know, I was just making a general comment.
Old 02-02-2004, 08:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ITR 5 lug swaps (Sassafrass)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sassafrass &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yes, I can also see that aspect of it, because I also know that this topic has been covered and covered and covered.

I wasnt pointing the finger at you either, just so you know, I was just making a general comment.</TD></TR></TABLE>

ok TeamNextGenChris maybe you missed my post right above his where I linked him to a HOW-TO.

also here is a clip of an aim convo of mine...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
On3Th1r7yS3v3n (12:50:12 AM): ardy
p (12:50:19 AM): yo
On3Th1r7yS3v3n (12:50:21 AM): i got some q's about the 5 lug conversion
On3Th1r7yS3v3n (12:50:23 AM): got some time?
p (12:51:01 AM): sure
On3Th1r7yS3v3n (12:51:02 AM): any pro's cons, suggestions. Basically im picking up a ctr 5lug with the 16inch jdm wheels.
p (12:51:03 AM): what's up?
p (12:51:17 AM): nothing bad with the swap
On3Th1r7yS3v3n (12:51:26 AM): should I upgrade my booster?
p (12:51:31 AM): keep in mind track will increase in the front by 5mm on each side
p (12:51:34 AM): nope
p (12:51:36 AM): no need
p (12:51:47 AM): ITR is 1", Si is 7/8"
On3Th1r7yS3v3n (12:51:52 AM): i also have a set of spoon calipers laying around
On3Th1r7yS3v3n (12:52:06 AM): you are speaking spanish sir i dont read that much about my car
p (12:52:13 AM): lol
p (12:52:26 AM): that's the size of the proportioning valve
On3Th1r7yS3v3n (12:53:07 AM): do you recommend upgrading to steel lines
On3Th1r7yS3v3n (12:53:13 AM): i heard someone mention it wasnt needed
p (12:56:58 AM): do it
p (12:57:13 AM): your stock lines are probably limp as an asian's dick
On3Th1r7yS3v3n (12:57:19 AM): HAHAHA
p (12:57:26 AM): new lines will improve pedal feel
p (12:57:45 AM): and are safer if somone wants to slash your brake lines ;-)
</TD></TR></TABLE>

let me stop there im contributing too much to the thread.

GET THE BLING, GET THE UPGRADE, its cheaper than going fastbrakes especially if you can sell your rear brakes to a fellow dx owner ek guys are always looking for those parts and your stock wheels.

they wont fit on the 5 luggers anyway.

I just sold my lsmesh wheels for 500 dollars with brand new yoko's on them adn the rear suspension is leaving as soon as the 5 lug is in for 200

thats a 700 dollar return on an 1800 dollar purchase including new tires.
Old 02-02-2004, 08:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

itr conversion is not a waste, you are upgrading the brake, so it is an upgrade, the 5 lug is just a bling factor, so if you can why not
Old 02-02-2004, 09:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ITR 5 lug swaps (ek_type_r99)

some people will argue like I said that you will save money doing the whole 4 lug bullshit over the 5 lug, or even state that just not to be criticized for doing the 5 lug they will do the 4x114 and get a nod =/

or some folks will say the stupid 5 lug conversion adds unsprung weight, when you could get fastbrakes front and back 11 inches and it will be lighter... um HELLO SAME DISCS! SAME CALIPERS and you are putting on CALIPER BRACKETS... bububub but but but, what about the money you save...

can I mount spoon calipers or endless on the 4 lug? didnt think so.

can I mount nsx calipers on the 4 lug and put legend rotors on the 4x100?

didnt think so.

Quick Reply: ITR 5 lug swaps