Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

INTERIOR PAINT??????

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 07:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default INTERIOR PAINT??????

whats up every one i was thinking of getting black rsx seats for my ek9 or ej6 what ever you wana call it and i also wanted paint my panels black with some duplicolor vinyl and fabric paint but i am not sure what the results would be???? i am the type of person who loves to clean their interior with turtle wax ice interior care this is a cleaner and conditioner. it cleans so good that it actually removed some accidental sharpie marks. i don't want to paint my panels with this paint and after several cleanings see the paint come off!!!! let me know your opinions and recommendations. if any of you has done this please give me some information on results !!!!
Old 05-31-2011, 09:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: INTERIOR PAINT??????

Don't do it. It will look cheap at best like **** worse case. Just save the money and search for a black interior that will work. I have used that product and others and trust me you won't be happy with it.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

PLEASE dont do it, when i got my car someone had done this, it looked like ****, thats all there is too it, dont let anyone tell you different. I finally pieced together a legit black interior, and it looks MUCH better. So just find some oem black interior, none of it is hard to swap!
Old 05-31-2011, 11:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

they've done mickey mouse work then*no offense.. google it yourslef someone on the civic forums did it..i'm planning to do this as well since CTR interior is ridiculous price

comes out Looking OEM.as you can see below. AND* someone from hondamarket did this as well 2 years ago..
http://www.hondamarketplace.com/show....php?t=2428618

before
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...3/DSC02312.jpg
process
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...3/DSC02406.jpg
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...3/DSC02422.jpg

after

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...3/DSC02434.jpg
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...3/DSC02685.jpg
Old 05-31-2011, 11:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=626756
you can use this as reference, i'm about to do it to my pillar panels on my ek hatch. the outcome will be dictated by which paint u use

Last edited by hector44b; 06-01-2011 at 12:03 AM.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea man dont listen to them dummys!! i say go for it. only thing i recommend is clean them good with soap water scuff em up with gray scotch pad. clean them up again and use SEM instead of duplicolor. i personally use SEM COLOR COAT FLEXIBLE COATING "LANDAU BLACK"
Old 06-01-2011, 02:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by slammed4dreg
yea man dont listen to them dummys!! i say go for it. only thing i recommend is clean them good with soap water scuff em up with gray scotch pad. clean them up again and use SEM instead of duplicolor. i personally use SEM COLOR COAT FLEXIBLE COATING "LANDAU BLACK"
yea watever u do just refrain from using glossy or shiny colors, they will make the parts look extremly un-natural(ugly) use semi-flat, flat or anything thats appears flat-ish
Old 06-01-2011, 02:41 AM
O.G. triple O.G.

Received 217 Likes on 195 Posts

The only two sprays you should ever use inside a car are......air freshener spray and interior shine spray. Nothing else....
Old 06-01-2011, 12:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

DAMMM its a 50/50 battle wether its good or bad!!!! half of u say yes and the other half say no!!!. lets make this easy is there rsx type s seats that are dar gray ????? or oem panels for a ek hatch that are black ??? correct me if im wrong but none of the civic 99-00 came with black interior? not even SI came with black. so where can i get black pannels that fit my ek hatch???? is it possible to fit integra or rsx panels ???? i really doubt it ???? i also wanted the dash black ??? and i was planing to get my head liner redone black as well???
Old 06-01-2011, 01:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i say get a can of whatever you want (flat black) sem or duplicolor. get whatever piece off your car prep it like i said above paint it and if you dont like how it comes out dont do it or if you do keep doing it. honestly its all up to u. there no black interior for ek that i've seen theres also no dark grey rsx seats. so really its all up to u man. but i say go for the black interior!
Old 06-01-2011, 01:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Man please dont do it i had del sol and traded for eg hatch this guy painted and it f$&&76 look like **** man just keep
The ways its cuz painting it...later is gonna look bad thats my coment but i whould do it cuz after you do it youll be like yep they were right...
Old 06-01-2011, 01:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i say get a can of whatever you want (flat black) sem or duplicolor. get whatever piece off your car prep it like i said above paint it and if you dont like how it comes out dont do it or if you do keep doing it. honestly its all up to u. there no black interior for ek that i've seen theres also no dark grey rsx seats. so really its all up to u man. but i say go for the black interior!
x2

If you don't do it, then i will LOL. hate how usdm never came with black interior for the civics. YOU Saw the pictures and how they came out i say do it, but like everyone said it's all up to you
Old 06-01-2011, 01:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

dont do it... my cousin did this to his car... after a few month it started fading and melting in the summer
Old 06-01-2011, 02:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ricky00
dont do it... my cousin did this to his car... after a few month it started fading and melting in the summer
it starting fading?? melting hahaha sorry man thats funny. tell me this one and only question?? what brand did ur cuz use?? did he buy those 97 cent cans at wal mart??
Old 06-01-2011, 02:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ive used both duplicolor and sem on my cars and ive had mine black for over a year with no fading and no melting hahaha sorry man thats funny cuz i live in one of the hottest spots in the US. we reach 116 over here and my s**t dont melt or fade.

RICKY00 dont mean to put u on blast man no hard feelings but if you havent done this with the steps and paint we've listed and ur just saying what ur cuzin did and dont know what he used and how he prepped it then u shouldnt say dont do it.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ive used both duplicolor and sem on my cars and ive had mine black for over a year with no fading and no melting hahaha sorry man thats funny cuz i live in one of the hottest spots in the US. we reach 116 over here and my s**t dont melt or fade.

RICKY00 dont mean to put u on blast man no hard feelings but if you havent done this with the steps and paint we've listed and ur just saying what ur cuzin did and dont know what he used and how he prepped it then u shouldnt say dont do it.
like i said on my earlier post, the quality/type of paint and procedures will dictate the final outcome, if u use cheap s**t, ur car will more than likely look like s**t.just use a small piece like one of the other guys mentioned and if u dont like it then leave the interior as it is.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i've used 3 coats of ACE HARDWARE flat black spray paint on my console where the ebrake is,

and after an entire year of dirt, grime, sun, heat, and cleaning chemicals, the paint hasnt broke in ONE SPOT (and trust me, it goes through abuse you wouldnt imagine, hell i've sat on it to work under my dash even)

so i say go for it, if you do it the RIGHT WAY, it'll last a long time
Old 06-01-2011, 11:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

btw any of you guys who've done this project before live near Orange County area? i'm willing to pay 60-80$ to take off my panels+dashboard(and i'll assist you!) and to do the job lol and i pay for materials+i tip LOL. jw if anyone knows who can do it. i want this **** legit as well!

but to OP, it all is prep+materials(don't cheap out on the materials)
Old 06-01-2011, 11:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by phoxking
btw any of you guys who've done this project before live near Orange County area? i'm willing to pay 60-80$ to take off my panels+dashboard(and i'll assist you!) and to do the job lol and i pay for materials+i tip LOL. jw if anyone knows who can do it. i want this **** legit as well!

but to OP, it all is prep+materials(don't cheap out on the materials)

x2 if i lived close 2 u id b down.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

F%*K it!!!! i am ganna try it on a replaceable panel to see the results!!!! i live in el paso TX,it gets hella hot here and pretty cold in the winter if it holds good for a couple of months then i will do all the interior. so now that i have made a choice for those of you who have done this before what is the #1 way to get a hollywood style result !!!!!!! lol. no seriously i want best results you can get to simulate a OEM look !!!!!! also give me the top of the line products i should use. thanx for all your help guys i really appreciate both opinions...
Old 06-02-2011, 08:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Don't use soap. Wash everything you paint with Rubbing alcohol first. use a rag doused in rubbing alcohol. get as much oil off of your hands as you can before starting. Do your best to not touch any of the plastic or vinyl while cleaning. Remember to scrub roughly with the rag to get as much as you can off of the piece. When you are done, spray light even coats. In the end the job will look very good, for added measure you can also look for a flat or polished sealer to spray on afterwards to help from paint chipping and rubbing off. Best of luck to you.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

There is an entire, in depth thread on interior painting. from how to take it off, prep work, paint, style, color, materials, before and after results. His look immaculate and he took the time to do it all right.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Internet pictures are stupid. It does not look good when you paint your interior. That's why OEM's don't paint interiors. Especially not with cheapass paint. Otherwise interiors would come in some incredible spectrum. Don't ruin your car. Suck it up and do a swap. Nobody will buy your ish if you try to paint it. You'll have to swap it out in the future.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How about finding an extra plastic piece (junkyard, broken part you replaced, whatever) and try it before doing all your interior? Some people are saying the Duplicolor paint looks good, some say it looks like poo.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

or, just go to one of the Uk forums ,we had black interiors and the exchange rate is still not too bad for you guys. plus we dont rape each other over this JDM sheite. for example i'm posting a CRX Sir front end conversion to a guy in Arizona for under $500 delivered(which seems to be about a third of the going rate in the US) The last year has seen loads of guys from the US buying from UK sites , funny cuz it used to be the other way round.

Quick Reply: INTERIOR PAINT??????