Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

interior

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2002, 04:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default interior

this post will most likely get flamed... they always do. but i own 97 civic dx 2dr 5spd. all i have is apexi WS cat-back just a normal CAI no brand name and ractive plug wires.(piece of ****) and i raced a couple of times... slow as hell still.. but the other weekend i took out my back seats and my spear tire... and i can beat now a civic vtec 95 a 97 rs eclipse ( on the eclipse i thought it is was the driver... so my friend raced against me in that car, cuz he can drive really good and can still beat it for most of the way. but since the eclipse has top end power... it finally catches up at the end... but by then the 1/4 is already over.) and i was never able to even keep up... but that helpd alot! and now im getting dc sports header pretty soon... within like 2 weeks or so.. so i will be much better off then b4. just thought i would share that little insight... if any slow *** cars are wanting to remove inteior that helpd for me...
Old 10-02-2002, 04:54 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: interior (Type-X)

this post will most likely get flamed... they always do. but i own 97 civic dx 2dr 5spd. all i have is apexi WS cat-back just a normal CAI no brand name and ractive plug wires.(piece of ****) and i raced a couple of times... slow as hell still.. but the other weekend i took out my back seats and my spear tire... and i can beat now a civic vtec 95 a 97 rs eclipse ( on the eclipse i thought it is was the driver... so my friend raced against me in that car, cuz he can drive really good and can still beat it for most of the way. but since the eclipse has top end power... it finally catches up at the end... but by then the 1/4 is already over.) and i was never able to even keep up... but that helpd alot! and now im getting dc sports header pretty soon... within like 2 weeks or so.. so i will be much better off then b4. just thought i would share that little insight... if any slow *** cars are wanting to remove inteior that helpd for me...
I thought 100lbs will cut off 1/10 of a second. How many punds did you get rid of?
Old 10-02-2002, 12:16 PM

Default Re: interior (2 B 4GO10)

like 40-50lbs
Old 10-02-2002, 12:37 PM

if you are really serious about going faster.. you should stop wasting your money on ractive stuff...

save up and get a D16.. at least... they arent that expensive.. and learn how to do the swap...

Good luck.. I dont really see a point to race with Eclipse RS.. I meant what's the point to race with something that slow...

but then if you are just messing around with your buddies.. then forget what I said..

[Modified by chusai, 6:59 PM 10/2/2002]
Old 10-02-2002, 12:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Dude you might want to ditch the crap up grades and go for something they will actually do something to your ride!

Read to boards for a while and you will know what you need to get!

OH and I see your from KS!
Old 10-02-2002, 04:01 PM

Default Re: interior (buzlink)

yup im from ks.... but no i dunt have the money for a engine swap... but i still want to build up my D16y7 engine... cuz its not common... and plus. everybody has vtec and always duz the swap. where aboutz r u in KS... and plus eclipse is faster then a civic... so i was pretty happy...
Old 10-02-2002, 04:30 PM

you can buy some pistons and rods and maybe a cam and get the y8 head and do a mini-me swap... Then you get VTEC and you build internals at the same time... I thought I saw a turbo on some import page for the 96-00 cx dx lx... but that costs as much as a b16 swap so you might as well go with that since it'd push the same... and a d16y8 swap would be pretty cheap, but mini-me would be cheaper...
Old 10-02-2002, 04:41 PM
Solbros Owns Me

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: interior (iviZeRoCooLivi)

If you trully want to keep your stock engine, then at least upgrade your tranny and get one off of an EX- D16y8 tranny. This will probably drop 1/2 second off the quarter just from the closer gears. Get an intake manifold off the same car for about 100 bucks-this is the best SOHC intake manifold stock!! Aresb18bturbo was going to sell me the tranny off a 98 ex with 60k miles for 180 shipped! I'm not getting it, but you should IM him and see if he will sell it to you. Get a B series TB for about 60 bucks used, and you should see a huge improvement. Lets see
d16y8 tranny= about 180 bucks
d16y8 intake manifold= about 85 bucks
B series TB from OBD2= about 60 bucks...
So that's about 325 and a few hours, and you'll be very pleased. These are just simple upgrades to achieve some of the potential from your d16y7. Internals/turbo/vtec head, can all be done later, but all of which won't be as great without those 3 things I listed. Do these first and at least go with OEM plugs and wires, any less will ruin performance
Old 10-02-2002, 07:55 PM

Default Re: interior (Emerica)

well the thing about that is... that i can get an SI vtec head for 200 dollers. and i can get port polished for 20 bucks. and i dunt want get the stock intake, i wanna get skunk2 or the jg eldelbrock. and i know this is going to sound stuipid... but hey never heard it b4. but whats OEM? i hear it all the time... just never knew the real defination. and tranny... im going to rebuild mine with b&m most likely... or just get the si tranny... like u said. or EX. but also is there a cam company that makes cams for d16y7?