Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

intercooler piping, fmu, and bov ???

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 01:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default intercooler piping, fmu, and bov ???

i wanna piece together a kit....
i have a garrett t3 turbo
turbo manifold
spearco fmic

where can i get intercooler piping for a 99 civic sohc V?
whats a good fmu?
how does the greddy rs bov sound compared to the types?
any links or sites on what else i will need will be helpful.
thanks
Old 07-08-2005, 01:32 AM
grammer nawzi

Default Re: intercooler piping, fmu, and bov ??? (hifi_civic)

How about putting this in the correct section of this website. . . noob.
Old 07-08-2005, 02:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: intercooler piping, fmu, and bov ??? (sicky)

i got an intercooler for a 99 civic with pipes.. check sig
Old 07-08-2005, 02:22 AM

oh sorry, since you skipped the noob stage. what makes me any different from you. i dont come on here alot so i dont know that you have sections for different ****. you dont have to act better than me just cuz you got more posts. big headed bitch. you were once a noob yourself, so dont ****** act like your someone special.
Old 07-08-2005, 04:32 AM

we were all newbs once, but atleast most of us have the sense to READ THE FORUM RULES. seriously if your abusing the big posters who the hell do you think is gonna help you?
Old 07-08-2005, 04:42 AM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: intercooler piping, fmu, and bov ??? (d15bcoupe)

Please don't ruin this thread guys.
Old 07-08-2005, 04:56 AM
grammer nawzi

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hifi_civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">oh sorry, since you skipped the noob stage. what makes me any different from you. i dont come on here alot so i dont know that you have sections for different ****. you dont have to act better than me just cuz you got more posts. big headed bitch. you were once a noob yourself, so dont ****** act like your someone special. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Great mother of Ganga! The only reason that I said that was because you would have gotten better responses in the forced induction section. Thanks for stroking yourself on this one, hope you feel better. On another note, watch what you say, I wasn't being a dick. . . oh yeah, **** off and die.
Old 07-08-2005, 07:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: intercooler piping, fmu, and bov ??? (sicky)

in all honesty it will get a better response and should be in the forced induction forum.

you can find piping kits on ebay.

fmu's arent really all that good, but i used my wideband on my friends car with an fmu and we basically turned the fmu all the way up, and kept increasing the boost until he was at an optimium a/f ratio. get the cartech rising rate fmu, they go for like 100 or so bucks and ive seen personal sucess with it.

i dont know what the rs sounds like, but i have a type s and its awesome. if you look around you can get a real type s for not too much over 100-120 bucks used, which is what i did.

also do your motor a giganitic favor and get something to retard your ignition timing, even if just a few degrees on like 7 psi boost.
Old 07-09-2005, 12:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

for all parts needed you can search the h-t f/i classifieds section. or you can find an online store that makes piping. you gotta be able to find something.

h-t members don't like fmu's. they think it's the worst form of fuel management. but i'll be running one neither the less because it's cheap and easy. it's not ideal for a lot of boost. so be careful if you choose to go with one. cartech and vortech both make good fmu's.

a greddy rs and s are pretty much the same. i have both. if you want my s, let me know.

if you don't mind used stuff. just search the f/i classifieds. it doesn't move that fast. if you want new stuff. search the sponsers classfieds section. there's a lot of good stuff in there.

be sure to read up on everything you need first and different setups. don't just go off buying a whole bunch of stuff you won't need. i somewhat ended up doing that. lol
Old 07-09-2005, 12:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (LiTtOGPiMp)

PM: oxSLEEPERxo on H-T. he might have a few sets of piping lying around. thats who i got mine from. its really nice and a good fit.
Old 07-09-2005, 12:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (LiTtOGPiMp)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LiTtOGPiMp &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">for all parts needed you can search the h-t f/i classifieds section. or you can find an online store that makes piping. you gotta be able to find something.

h-t members don't like fmu's. they think it's the worst form of fuel management. but i'll be running one neither the less because it's cheap and easy. it's not ideal for a lot of boost. so be careful if you choose to go with one. cartech and vortech both make good fmu's.

a greddy rs and s are pretty much the same. i have both. if you want my s, let me know.

if you don't mind used stuff. just search the f/i classifieds. it doesn't move that fast. if you want new stuff. search the sponsers classfieds section. there's a lot of good stuff in there.

be sure to read up on everything you need first and different setups. don't just go off buying a whole bunch of stuff you won't need. i somewhat ended up doing that. lol</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well FMU's arent the best but they work, BUT what a new FMU will run you around 100 or so??? put down a hundred more and you have a chipped ECU and burning tools. I paid 30.36 for my burner and cable. 120 for my chipped ECU. the software is free and if you want to be grimey you can use someone else's bin file.

ECU &gt; FMU and the cost difference isnt astronomical
Old 07-09-2005, 02:10 PM

I would stay away from the FMU; when i started out with it we always want more power and you just run too much risk of blowing your motor with it. Save a few hundred dollars and get a good E- mangement system. I my self run Hondata but there are many others avail. But It will prob. be the best investment you will make because you can get alot more power out of your car, that you would never see with a fmu and you can make it much more safe and reliable. Like they have already said you can pick up some good deals if you are patient and look through the classifieds there is a forced induction classified section also.
Old 07-09-2005, 02:44 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: intercooler piping, fmu, and bov ??? (spoolingb20)

yea dood, ditch the fmu crap... welcome to honda-tech. You wanna run a fmu, go check out homemadeturbo or something. Piping, ebay sells some, but you can make your own really easly, bov.. all the same, google.com for bov sounds and play with that.

run hondata/uberdata, convert to obd1, skip the half *** stuff