Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Integra radiator swap in an EK...

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2003, 11:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Integra radiator swap in an EK...

I just did a Gsr swap in my 96 ek. I wanted to know if there is a big advantage in using the Gsr radiator over the Ek radiator. I already have the gsr radiator install, but thinking about putting the ek radiator for space and a better look. Also anyone have any pics with the gsr radiator installed in an Ek...
Old 04-05-2003, 01:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Integra radiator swap in an EK... (powerfulperformance)

i bought an integra fluidyne for my ek....i was wondering if anybody had pics of that in an ek
Old 04-05-2003, 01:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Integra radiator swap in an EK... (lowcivex)

correct me if im wrong. EK is a half size dual core where the DC is a full size single core.
Old 04-05-2003, 01:40 PM

Default Re: Integra radiator swap in an EK... (greebler)

the gsr radiators I thought were all full length and dual core
Old 04-05-2003, 01:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Integra radiator swap in an EK... (junglerunna02)

wouldnt there be a problem with the radiator support because the ek is shorter than the teg?
Old 04-05-2003, 02:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Integra radiator swap in an EK... (pennies_hatchie)

YOu would just have to move the welded bracket on the bottom and get two top brackets. My question is which is better, the integra or the civic. I would rather use the civic because of the size...
Old 04-05-2003, 04:05 PM
Trial User

Default Re: Integra radiator swap in an EK... (powerfulperformance)

you have to cut the rad. supports and relocate them. also you need to fab. a new bracket for it. overall, you dont need one. your stock or aftermarket civic rad will keep it well cool enough. Unless you plan on hardcore track racing, then you dont need a teg rad.
Old 04-05-2003, 04:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Integra radiator swap in an EK... (purek9hybrid)

overall, you dont need one. your stock or aftermarket civic rad will keep it well cool enough. Unless you plan on hardcore track racing, then you dont need a teg rad.
If you call regular high performance driving events as "hardcore", then the stock half size radiator won't quite cut it.

Old 04-05-2003, 04:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Integra radiator swap in an EK... (purek9hybrid)

i got it for a good price and thought mine as well get it
does anybody have pics of this in an EK
Old 04-05-2003, 04:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Integra radiator swap in an EK... (lowcivex)

I know spoonek9 did have a full size integra radiator in his ej6 hatchback(ek) he might have pictures and possible tips to help you install it
Old 04-05-2003, 10:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Integra radiator swap in an EK... (IM ALL BOB)

why not just get a dek sol dual core or automatic ex one. ps there is no advantage to a teg radiator. i rocked a stock radiator for months in my dx hatch, only reason i changed is because the dx neck is so smalled compared to an R radiator hose. so i was leaking coolant from there
Old 04-06-2003, 09:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Integra radiator swap in an EK... (hybridcoupe97)

why not just get a dek sol dual core or automatic ex one. ps there is no advantage to a teg radiator. i rocked a stock radiator for months in my dx hatch, only reason i changed is because the dx neck is so smalled compared to an R radiator hose. so i was leaking coolant from there
You "rocked" a stock radiator eh?

But then again, the only driving you do is street. Maybe the occasional stoplight race perhaps? Or even the amazing dash down 1000m then coming back around for another go at it?

Attend an HPDE, or God forbid an actual sprint/endurance circuit race, then come back and give us another opinion on how unecessary a bigger radiator is.

Old 04-06-2003, 10:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Integra radiator swap in an EK... (Mario)

i actually drag/autocross/and road race my hatch hard ***. my temerature guage hasnt gone higher then 1/4 with the del sol radiator. it fits in nice and it was cheap. with my stock radiator i went on a little road trip and didnt have any temp problems. i never said i used the stock radiator at track events. you ASSumed all i do is drive my car to work and back.
Old 04-06-2003, 11:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Integra radiator swap in an EK... (hybridcoupe97)

i actually drag/autocross/and road race my hatch hard ***. my temerature guage hasnt gone higher then 1/4 with the del sol radiator. it fits in nice and it was cheap. with my stock radiator i went on a little road trip and didnt have any temp problems. i never said i used the stock radiator at track events. you ASSumed all i do is drive my car to work and back.
Ahh, and how hard is drag racing on the engine? In about 14 (or maybe 17 seconds in your case) your engine RPM is back to idle, while you wait in line, letting the engine cool for another pass at the treacherous 1/4 mile. Yeah, there's alot of engine heat there. No

Autocross only lasts a minute or two (max), before the engine gets a breather. Another instance of circumstances requiring a larger cooling capacity radiator right? No.

And about road racing; you have an engine swap in there just like the person who started this post in the first place, right? If that's the case, and you're still getting by on a "stock Del Sol" radiator. Then here's the only three explanation for your sufficient cooling:

1. You are using some top secret radiator fluid that neither I, nor any of my amateur circuit racers have never tried.

2. You are driving pretty wimpy. Because a couple of hot laps in Laguna Seca on a '00 hybrid Hatch (b18c5) was all it took before the "stock dual core del sol" radiator started to give.

3. Any car you touch, all functions & parts becomes automatically extra-efficient.

Sweet.
Old 09-10-2019, 06:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Integra radiator swap in an EK...

Is there a benefit of swapping the radiator on a stock 92 Civic SI to get better A/C output? Thanks.
Old 09-10-2019, 09:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 794 Likes on 734 Posts
Default Re: Integra radiator swap in an EK...

Originally Posted by Raj-honda-tech
Is there a benefit of swapping the radiator on a stock 92 Civic SI to get better A/C output? Thanks.
A/C output has nothing to do with the radiator, so NO, it would have no benefit.