Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Integra Radiator in EK With A/C

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2004, 03:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Integra Radiator in EK With A/C

Like the topic says. Has anyone done it? I have seen it done in an EG but I need an Integra radiator for extra cooling for HPDE's and would like to keep A/C since it is a daily driver. Anyone have pics or links? I searched for 30 min and found nothing about keeping A/C. Thanks for any help.
Old 09-23-2004, 03:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Integra Radiator in EK With A/C (JDMTYPER)

integs have a totally different condensor setup. my guess is that if you want to run a full width integ radiator w/ ac, you'll have to get the integ a/c condensor also. but then you'll need new lines, etc. i'd just go with a koyo or fluidyne aluminum radiator. it should cool better than a stock integ radiator
Old 09-23-2004, 03:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Which A/C condensor do you plan on using? You'd have to switch to the integra ac condensor.

It is possible to change the civic's parallel radiator/condensor set-up to the integra's sequential condensor/radiator arrangement. This involves drilling out, and re-welding the mounts. My only gripe with my arrangement, is that the ac condensor doesn't have its own top mounts, its held in by the radiator and the top of the ac condensor mounts still have the rubber bushing on them pushing against the front frame. I don't have any pictures at this time, give me...4 days and I could have some pictures up. Although I'm sure I could have done a better job, however, the condensor is still mounted on the lower bushings, and the top is just pushed up against the frame with the bushings. All in all, It shouldn't give me any problems. I'll have pics up if you could wait.

All in all, the reason why I even bothered doing this custom work rather then buying aftermarket radiator....I already had the itr parts.
Old 09-23-2004, 03:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Integra Radiator in EK With A/C (HypeR0070)

I plan on using a PWR Radiator, not a stock integra radiator, I should have mentioned that in the beginning. I already have a civic fluidyne radiator but it is not good enough to keep the temps down. My friend had the same problem and the only thing that solved it was a fullsize fluidyne. I would just like to keep A/C with mine
Old 09-23-2004, 03:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lose the AC
Old 09-24-2004, 07:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Integra Radiator in EK With A/C (Art In Motion)

I want to keep A/C. When I get a daily driver I will get rid of the A/C
Old 09-24-2004, 07:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'll be the first to suggest the dual core radiator from the Auto EX civics.
Old 09-24-2004, 07:30 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMTYPER &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I plan on using a PWR Radiator, not a stock integra radiator, I should have mentioned that in the beginning. I already have a civic fluidyne radiator but it is not good enough to keep the temps down. My friend had the same problem and the only thing that solved it was a fullsize fluidyne. I would just like to keep A/C with mine</TD></TR></TABLE>

WTF is your setup? If a pwr civic radiator and is not enough for you, either you're making mad power or something wrong with your motor man. I have seen cars making 500+ whp on the pwr/koyo/cr single unit civic without any problems.

I have the street import 2" radaitor for a civic and my temp never pass the 1/3 mark on the gauge AND i KNOW overheating. My car was overheating like crazy b/c my old radiator was crapy. Sorry if i didn't answer your question, just a suggestion.
Old 09-24-2004, 07:35 AM

Default Re: Integra Radiator in EK With A/C (ProJectCvic)

Easiest solution to your problem is to get this or other aftermarket made for civic. https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=765559

Cools just fine, cost effective, and you get to keep your ac.
Old 09-24-2004, 07:46 AM
be professional

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ProJectCvic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

WTF is your setup? If a pwr civic radiator and is not enough for you, either you're making mad power or something wrong with your motor man. I have seen cars making 500+ whp on the pwr/koyo/cr single unit civic without any problems.

I have the street import 2" radaitor for a civic and my temp never pass the 1/3 mark on the gauge AND i KNOW overheating. My car was overheating like crazy b/c my old radiator was crapy. Sorry if i didn't answer your question, just a suggestion.</TD></TR></TABLE>
He is doing HPDEs in Arizona. You make the connection. This is not drag racing and power levels are irrelevent.
Old 09-24-2004, 08:01 AM

Default Re: Integra Radiator in EK With A/C (Targa250R)

Not making the connection. What's HPDEs guy? maybe i m misunderstanding the purpose
Old 09-24-2004, 09:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

HPDE = High Performance Driving Experience

Sanctioned race-track driving meant to give you track experience to learn what your car and you can do. Why does this have any releveance? HPDE's in Arizona would be more grueling due to the higher temperature. Hence, even if he has a dual core performance civic exhaust, he may need even more cooling, hence his question of a performance integra radiator in an EK. I know the integra radiator can go in, however i do not know the thickness difference to a performance integra radiator. I'll have pics up in a few days.
Old 09-24-2004, 10:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ProJectCvic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Easiest solution to your problem is to get this or other aftermarket made for civic. https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=765559

Cools just fine, cost effective, and you get to keep your ac.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I already have a civic fluidyne but it is just too damn hot in AZ, 110+ temps outside+ driving on track between 6000 to 9000 rpm is recipe for alot of heat. I need a fullsize radiator the civic fluidyne doesnt cut it. It would be really easy if I ditched the A/C but I would like to keep it since it is my daily driver. If no one know how I am still going to try and if I can do it I will do a write up on it.
Old 09-24-2004, 11:10 AM

um if your car is turbo charged, then it would be a lot more difficult, but if your car is na build, then you could customize your stock civic ac and that might work, i was going to do it, but now that i have the radiator in i'm too lazy to take it apart and install the ac.
Old 09-24-2004, 11:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Its not that people don't know how, its just pretty simple and easy. A drill to drill out the spot welds on mounts, and a welder weld it in new location.

If its measurements you're looking for, you can just test fit with the radiator that you do have, if not, wait some more and i'll give you measurements from the lower mounts.

You just need to relocate the mounts on the subframe. I had an integra,so i drilled out the mounts and welded them into place on the civic. Its not rocket science... then again, they have 'write-ups' for everything nowadays to make everything idiot-proof. I never made a write-up because i thought it was fairly intuitive. I figure if you know how to use a drill and a welder, you can do this without a write-up. Like I said before, I'll show you pics in a few days.
Old 09-24-2004, 01:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Integra Radiator in EK With A/C (HypeR0070)

I am not worried about the fitting the radiator, that the easy part. I was just worried about keeping A/C.