Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

integra front end on a EG hatch???

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2004, 05:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default integra front end on a EG hatch???

Does anyone have a hatchback with an integra front end on it? and know what you need to know how to install it??

Thanx
Old 05-16-2004, 05:20 PM

Default Re: integra front end on a EG hatch??? (NAturalDC2)

Search. https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=673805
Old 05-16-2004, 05:21 PM

do a search...you will find everything you need to know about it
Old 05-16-2004, 06:09 PM

i'ma put a teg front end on my hatch too
Old 05-16-2004, 06:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: integra front end on a EG hatch??? (ghettocivic94)

i've seen both usdm and jdm front end on eg..
the jdm front end looks a lot better than the usdm one.. if your plan is to do the usdm conversion.. i suggest you save the money and maybe use the money for other things (ie swap)
Old 05-16-2004, 07:10 PM

Default Re: integra front end on a EG hatch??? (Yeung)

i have seen that on a few cars .. they dont fit right... the fenders stick out a lil more and there is a nice gap between the fenders and door.. not worth it IMO...
Old 05-16-2004, 08:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

DO a search and you will find it.

I know a guy who has it done and it fits snug.If you want ill ask him for details how he went about doing it. But i think putting a integra front in on a EG is straight out ugly.
Old 05-16-2004, 08:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Yeung &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i've seen both usdm and jdm front end on eg..
the jdm front end looks a lot better than the usdm one.. if your plan is to do the usdm conversion.. i suggest you save the money and maybe use the money for other things (ie swap)</TD></TR></TABLE>

how is the JDM one much more cost efficient than the USDM one? It isn't plain and simple. I can't stand the front end of the USDM integras, the headlights are disgusting. The are both merely cosmetic, get which one you like better and can afford if you want to do it.
Old 05-16-2004, 08:48 PM
TSPeed Factory

Default Re: integra front end on a EG hatch??? (R33CIVIC)

i seen one today. it doesn't look too bad, but i wouldn't do it.
Old 05-16-2004, 08:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: integra front end on a EG hatch??? (R33CIVIC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by R33CIVIC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

how is the JDM one much more cost efficient than the USDM one? It isn't plain and simple. I can't stand the front end of the USDM integras, the headlights are disgusting. The are both merely cosmetic, get which one you like better and can afford if you want to do it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

And where exactly does he say the JDM front is cheaper?
Old 05-16-2004, 08:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: integra front end on a EG hatch??? (AzntaggeR)

BARF!!!!

the first time i saw that was

back in 97 or 98 a primer black coupe had the usdm teg headlights and shaved license plate and rear taillight inners..... i was amazed......but now, its just GROSS, i see that **** all the time, why not just BUY a teg?
Old 05-16-2004, 09:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: integra front end on a EG hatch??? (umop-apisdn)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by umop-apisdn &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

And where exactly does he say the JDM front is cheaper?</TD></TR></TABLE>

thank you
Old 05-16-2004, 09:57 PM

Me and a buddy did a usdm teg front end swap on his sedan. You can use the hood, but the fenders have to be proportioned...We cut and welded the fronts of the teg. We had to wire the lights up differently also. Took a day and it looks ok, wouldnt do it again though. Id stick with the jdm ITR swap if you plan on doing any kind of conversion, or the CL....
Old 05-17-2004, 05:18 AM

Default Re: (blahblahDX)

the only conversion worth doin on any car.. it the 99-00 front end on a 96-98... or the jdm itr front end IF you have a teg... if the car was supposed yo have a teg front it woulda came like that.. leave your car alone..
Old 05-17-2004, 02:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Yeung &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i've seen both usdm and jdm front end on eg..
the jdm front end looks a lot better than the usdm one.. if your plan is to do the usdm conversion.. i suggest you save the money and maybe use the money for other things (ie swap)</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by R33CIVIC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">how is the JDM one much more cost efficient than the USDM one? It isn't plain and simple. I can't stand the front end of the USDM integras, the headlights are disgusting. The are both merely cosmetic, get which one you like better and can afford if you want to do it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by umop-apisdn &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
And where exactly does he say the JDM front is cheaper?</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Yeung &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thank you</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeung said: "if you were to do the USDM conversion I would save my money for other things like a swap." Implying that if he were doing the JDM conversion it would make it a better decision than the swap.

umod-apisdn: I said "how is the JDM one much more cost efficient than the USDM one?" Meaning that, how is the JDM one a good idea to do, but not the USDM one...I like the JDM front end better because the headlights match the taillights(similiar length) But thenagain, I don't get caught up with the JDM fad...this JDM **** is taken way too far. Everything you see now says "JDM"

I wouldn't do the frontend conversion on the hatch back, I think the stock EG frontend looks good on there, that is why it came with that front end and not the JDM Type R frontend in the first place. To the original poster, do what you want and what you think looks best. Only the owner can decided if he likes something or not.