Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Integra Dash Swap Onto EK (not EG) Chassis?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2003, 05:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Integra Dash Swap Onto EK (not EG) Chassis?

Okay. I've been searching for awhile tonight, looking for information on swapping an Integra dashboard into an EK chassis Civic. All I've managed to find so far was some great information on swapping into an EG chassis Civic. The sum of my information is:

- You need Integra dash, cluster, heater controls, wiring harness.
- As for the doors, you will need to chop out a section of them and get them re wrapped in order for the door to close.
- You need to use the harness and i believe, (did this mod a while back...) you also need to rewire one connector.

The best information I've found for the swap into the EG was located here:

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=285567

Does anyone know what might be different when swapping into an EK chassis? The thing that bothers me/scares me the most about this is how they're all talking about "re-forming" the door panels. I'd liked to avoid this if possible when swapping into my 00 Si.

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.
Old 04-23-2003, 05:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Integra Dash Swap Onto EK (not EG) Chassis? (RareSI)

Why would you even attempt to do this swap? What is wrong with the ek dash. It is clean and simple. Dont give yourself a headache over this.
Old 04-23-2003, 05:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Integra Dash Swap Onto EK (dkim48)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dkim48 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why would you even attempt to do this swap? What is wrong with the ek dash. It is clean and simple. Dont give yourself a headache over this.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Excuse me, but I didn't want this type of answer. I don't care about any type of headache. Going for something different here.

Anyone else with advice?
Old 04-23-2003, 05:56 PM

Default Re: Integra Dash Swap Onto EK (RareSI)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RareSI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Anyone else with advice?</TD></TR></TABLE>

just buy a teg.. j/k

i would like to see this done. why do you want to do this? is it for the black interior?
Old 04-24-2003, 08:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Integra Dash Swap Onto EK (shepworldwide)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by shepworldwide &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

just buy a teg.. j/k

i would like to see this done. why do you want to do this? is it for the black interior?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Several reasons. It being black isn't on the top of the list, but nice.
Old 04-24-2003, 08:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If you look at your door panel, you'll notice that it's formed to fit the dash when you close the door. You'll need to make it fit somehow with the Teg dash once you get that in there.

As for the wiring, I have no idea? Might want to get a manual on both cars and compare the wiring schematics for the dash. If anything, you can rewire everything accordingly...but that'll be a pain!
Old 04-24-2003, 11:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Integra Dash Swap Onto EK (98CTRCoupe)

Wow. I was hoping for SOMEONE who would have some knowledge on this.
Old 04-24-2003, 12:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

*bump*
Old 04-24-2003, 07:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Why so you can pretend like youre interested, FL/OK

Bump for a friend who compiled quite a bit of information that some of us have viewed at one time or another. I wish I could be of more help to you, but I will give you all the information I have on this for the EG chassis. Hopefully it can shed some sort of light on the install. Here:

some of the problems encountered within this post a member stated they installed a 2000 si dash in their eg, if they have a write up it should be similar to what you need since you currently have a si dash.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=449596

In a CRX
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=438732
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=170977
Old 04-24-2003, 09:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Integra Dash Swap Onto EK (not EG) Chassis? (RareSI)

hey, i was wondering about this too. i've never heard of anyone doing it. how do the sizes of the 2 dashes compare? are they pretty close to the same width? if they are, then it should be possible to swap.
Old 04-25-2003, 08:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Integra Dash Swap Onto EK (INVALID)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by INVALID &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Bump for a friend who compiled quite a bit of information that some of us have viewed at one time or another. I wish I could be of more help to you, but I will give you all the information I have on this for the EG chassis. Hopefully it can shed some sort of light on the install. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I appreciate the links. I will be looking into this a bit further. I am getting not a lot of help with this project yet. I am quite determined to make it work and work good. So I am about to just jump into it myself and tackle it headfirst. I have access to all electrical wiring diagrams and such for Honda, just not Acura. I am thinking of comparing the EG to the EK diagrams and using the EG wiring info and go from there.

Just need to get a hold of the dash and get to work on the physical fitmit.

As I stated earlier, the thing that worries me the most is the door panels.

There is a guy in town who runs his own (fairly successful, despit being hated on) tuning shop that has done this to his (very nice) EK. I am not about to go over there and ask, he'll tell me to **** off or bring it in so he can charge me out the *** for it.
Old 04-25-2003, 08:43 AM

RareSI: Go for it you can do it. I am pretty sure you can do it.
Old 04-25-2003, 12:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Integra Dash Swap Onto EK (vivid02)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vivid02 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">RareSI: Go for it you can do it. I am pretty sure you can do it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Well, thanks for the encouragement. I plan to make a write up and take pictures when I do this.
Old 04-25-2003, 12:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

One way ive heard of reforming the door panels is to heat them up and then close the doors...I know you don't want to do it, but if your going to swap the dash then you dont really have a choice. Good luck!
Old 04-25-2003, 04:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Integra Dash Swap Onto EK (Ricey McRicerton)

What about possibly using the integra door panels? Also, the heater controls on yous SI are electric and the integra ones a manual.
Old 04-25-2003, 06:09 PM

Default Re: Integra Dash Swap Onto EK (turbosol)

I'd like to see this done!! If all goes well I'd like to try this too...
Old 04-25-2003, 06:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbosol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What about possibly using the integra door panels? Also, the heater controls on yous SI are electric and the integra ones a manual.</TD></TR></TABLE>

you'd probably have to use 96-98 heater box.
Old 04-25-2003, 08:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Integra Dash Swap Onto EK (civicdxtyper)

has anyone found out if it really is possible to swap in the integra dash into an ek? will the integra door panels fit? just curious, ive never really thought about it before. there are a few kids around me with teg dashes in their eg's, which looks really clean. id like to see a teg dash in an ek hatch
Old 04-25-2003, 09:28 PM

Default Re: Integra Dash Swap Onto EK (cha chi)

i say just go for it man, I mean it shouldn't be too hard. If you say the guy at this shop has it done then you should go ahead and try because obviously it IS possible. The reason you aren't getting much help here is because I can't think of anyone here that has done this mod so you should be the first. good luck to you and post pics.
Old 04-25-2003, 10:01 PM
New User

Default Re: Integra Dash Swap Onto EK (SilverCivic2k)

whats up tom,..ive asked this question in the past and didnt really get a response,...its a very rare conversion,...let me know if you want me to come down and help you out with it,...im back in ohio now
Old 04-26-2003, 02:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbosol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What about possibly using the integra door panels? Also, the heater controls on yous SI are electric and the integra ones a manual.</TD></TR></TABLE>

well 96-98 EKs are manual as well. which might solve that problem.
Old 05-06-2003, 11:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Integra Dash Swap Onto EK (Eddie HatchBlack)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eddie HatchBlack &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

well 96-98 EKs are manual as well. which might solve that problem.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes. I have a 2000 Si, so my controls are electric. This is going to make the swap for me just that much more difficult. It seems I will have to convert to the 96-98 Civic manual controls (seems like one of the more popular FAQs).

Also one thing I realized concerning the door panels. Someone pointed out along the way that they think the Civic door panels are more attractive over the Integra's. And the method in which to use the Civic panels is to heat them up and re-form them to the Integra dash...

Well! The 96-00 Civic's interior came in Taupe, Light Gray or Dark Gray. Not black. From what I understand, the Integra's interior color is Taupe or Black. You'd have to dye or recover the civic door panels if you used those, or use the Integra panels...

Some thoughts on the Integra panels. I have yet to check these out yet. But I've read that they line up, there are gaps (not sure how bad or where) and that the door handle hole is "a few inches" off. I'd have to see just how bad this is before I could recommend against it or not.

A second option to using the Integra panels: get the entire door and panel from a junk yard, cut out the inner frame on the inside of both doors. Weld in the frame from the Integra's door to the Civic's door. Yes a lot of work, but will yield best fitment results I would think.

I've been working on the research to get the electric to manual hvac conversion. Details to come when I am sure I got everything.

Just some thoughts on this project.
Old 05-06-2003, 11:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

good luck sounds like a waste of time and money.
Old 05-06-2003, 11:44 AM

I've seen the swap done before in the Ek, you'll like it. Looksgreat!
Old 05-06-2003, 01:00 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RareSI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yes. I have a 2000 Si, so my controls are electric. This is going to make the swap for me just that much more difficult. It seems I will have to convert to the 96-98 Civic manual controls (seems like one of the more popular FAQs).

Also one thing I realized concerning the door panels. Someone pointed out along the way that they think the Civic door panels are more attractive over the Integra's. And the method in which to use the Civic panels is to heat them up and re-form them to the Integra dash...

Well! The 96-00 Civic's interior came in Taupe, Light Gray or Dark Gray. Not black. From what I understand, the Integra's interior color is Taupe or Black. You'd have to dye or recover the civic door panels if you used those, or use the Integra panels...

Some thoughts on the Integra panels. I have yet to check these out yet. But I've read that they line up, there are gaps (not sure how bad or where) and that the door handle hole is "a few inches" off. I'd have to see just how bad this is before I could recommend against it or not.

A second option to using the Integra panels: get the entire door and panel from a junk yard, cut out the inner frame on the inside of both doors. Weld in the frame from the Integra's door to the Civic's door. Yes a lot of work, but will yield best fitment results I would think.

I've been working on the research to get the electric to manual hvac conversion. Details to come when I am sure I got everything.

Just some thoughts on this project.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Or you could just get the ctr door panels since they are black

Available through most jdm part offerers now-a-days.

Quick Reply: Integra Dash Swap Onto EK (not EG) Chassis?