Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Integra Brake Booster and MC on a eg/Sol

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2004, 06:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Integra Brake Booster and MC on a eg/Sol

I have an Integra Master cylinder and Brake booster sitting in my garage. I have teg brakes, so with the bigger pistons, my pedal travel sucks.

Anyways, what do I have to get this on. I know that I have to use the teg Brake booster (again, have it, so no problem there) What other modifations do I have to do? Is it just slightly bending lines? Are the fittings the same? What else.

What about proportioning valve?
Old 05-05-2004, 06:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Integra Brake Booster and MC on a eg/Sol (asmallsol)

Do you know what kind of Teg MC you have (RS,LS,GS, GS-R)?

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=152884
I learned from this thread that an RS MC will bolt right up without any need for line bending or reflaring. So if you're lucky enough, the MC will bolt right in without any problems at all

As for prop valve: what car do you have? Mind did have drums, so I had to swap out my prop valve for another one from a car with rear discs. Mine is 3030 now (used to be 3040). I've been recommended to do 4040, but no problems for me so far. Rears don't lock up before the fronts or anything like that.

Oh, almost forgot to tell you: Before you start loosening your lines to swap out your prop valve or MC, make dead sure to use a flarenut wrench, very important.

Hope that helps.
Old 05-05-2004, 06:22 PM

it is the GSR MC.

My car came stock with rear discs, so I think it is the same as the GSR's, but not postive
Old 05-05-2004, 06:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (asmallsol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by asmallsol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so I think it is the same as the GSR's, but not postive </TD></TR></TABLE>

Are you talking about your prop valve? I don't think you'd have to swap out your prop valve since you've already got rear discs.

As for your MC, I think you may have to do some bending and flaring, but I'm not a hundred percent sure.

Check out the link in my previous post. It's very helpful.
Although if you feel you don't have enough time to go through that whole thread, I say just go through some trial and error by seeing if it bolts up or not.

Actually, when you do try it out, please let me know your results. It'll be really good for future reference when someone else has the same problem.