Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Integra AC pump on Civic lines?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 10:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Integra AC pump on Civic lines?

If you swap the engine in a Civic that came with a SOHC engine to a DOHC, instead of buying a Del Sol or CRV AC bracket, could I just use the Integra AC bracket and AC pump and attach it to the stock Civic lines?

I pulled the AC lines out of a Civic already, and I have the Integra AC bracket, and a Civic AC pump. The price of the bracket looks about the same as a pump. Would this work and is there any reason not to do it this way?
Old 01-30-2009, 10:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Integra AC pump on Civic lines?

Originally Posted by thumper64
If you swap the engine in a Civic that came with a SOHC engine to a DOHC, instead of buying a Del Sol or CRV AC bracket, could I just use the Integra AC bracket and AC pump and attach it to the stock Civic lines?
The only way this will work is if the lines are out of a 99-00 Si. That is the only civic that used the same compressor as the Integra.

Originally Posted by thumper64
I pulled the AC lines out of a Civic already, and I have the Integra AC bracket, and a Civic AC pump. The price of the bracket looks about the same as a pump. Would this work and is there any reason not to do it this way?
Unless that is a 99-00 Si Civic compressor, there is no way it will work. Try to match up the bracket with the compressor. You will see that it won't fit.

So long story short:

Integra Compressor, Integra Bracket, 99-00 Civic Si lines.

Civic Compressor (except 99-00 Si), CRV or Del Sol Bracket, Civic lines (except 99-00 Si)
Old 01-30-2009, 10:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Integra AC pump on Civic lines?

OK, thanks man.