Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Intake and rims stuff

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2002, 06:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intake and rims stuff

I see CAI all over the place on this forum... what is that? A company, a model of intake? or is it even an intake? I'm gettin 93 Civic Ex Coupe and i want to put on an intake cause its sorta cheap and when yu step on it a nice sound comes out. So what is CAI. And im only gonna be able to afford 15" Motegi's. Im only in high school and super-strapped for cash. Ima get Goodyear Eagle GT 2's i think. Does that sound like a decent mod to the car. Also since im runnin on 15's i'll have lowering room... im going to lower it maybe 1.5 to 2 inches and get a camber kit. Now i hear all this strut, towbar, or sumthing. All i want is my car to be lower and the camber correct. Am i going to need all this other suspension stuff or can i just cruise for as long as i want with the springs and Camber?

Thanks a lot guys
Old 08-16-2002, 07:01 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: Intake and rims stuff (VTECTIME)

CAI = Cold Air Intake

The most popular by far is the AEM CAI, I'm pretty sure importparts.com sells them.

They are a very effective mod because it sucks in air from by the passenger fender and since colder air is better than hotter air you free up more horsepower.
Old 08-16-2002, 07:26 PM

OMFG im an idiot! i didnt know wut CAI was. But with that intake isnt there risk of engine hydro Lock? Is there some bypass valve or sumthin? And what about the suspension question i had?
Old 08-16-2002, 08:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OMFG im an idiot! i didnt know wut CAI was. But with that intake isnt there risk of engine hydro Lock? Is there some bypass valve or sumthin? And what about the suspension question i had?
...AEM has a by-pass valve that fits between the upper and lower arms of the intake tube that ll prevent water getting into the intake manifold..if ur not going to lower ur car more than what uve indicated u wont need a camber kit..for that drop id recommend a eibach prokit w/KYB AGX adjustable shocks..i beleive it ll lower the front 1 1/2" and the rear 1 1/8...back to hydro-lock..this only happens when ur going thru deeper waters..in that case..durning rainy season id remove the lower arm and place the filter on the upper arm of the intake..i dont think ull even notice much of difference
Old 08-16-2002, 11:12 PM
jus f0 dekarayshunZ

Default Re: Intake and rims stuff (deepnite)

just to let you know the aem by pass thingy takes a little power away....i go through puddles all the time and i know a little water gets into the intake but nothing ever happens....im sure with enough water though something bad will happen...but do what that other guy said....remove during rainy season