Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Intake Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 07:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intake Question

Hello Everyone! I would like to pick your brain with another question.
I recently got a 94 coupe and swapped my gsr into it. I hate how the intake looks. And I do not want to run a cold air intake. I would like to run a stock intake from a civic. I am currently running a stock intake from an integra. I know that I can get a oem box and bolt it up just fine. My question is as fallows, "can I use either a vtec del sol elbow, or a eg6 sir elbow with the box on my GSR?" I have seen this done on b16 swapped civics, but the intake manifold on a gsr placed the throttle body a tad lower and in an overal different location. Has anyone tried this to know if it will fit?
I can get a vtec del sol elbow from work for only 50 bucks. If it will work that is the way I will go.
Thank you everyone!
Old 12-26-2012, 08:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Intake Question

Originally Posted by proctor.drew
Hello Everyone! I would like to pick your brain with another question.
I recently got a 94 coupe and swapped my gsr into it. I hate how the intake looks. And I do not want to run a cold air intake. I would like to run a stock intake from a civic. I am currently running a stock intake from an integra. I know that I can get a oem box and bolt it up just fine. My question is as fallows, "can I use either a vtec del sol elbow, or a eg6 sir elbow with the box on my GSR?" I have seen this done on b16 swapped civics, but the intake manifold on a gsr placed the throttle body a tad lower and in an overal different location. Has anyone tried this to know if it will fit?
I can get a vtec del sol elbow from work for only 50 bucks. If it will work that is the way I will go.
Thank you everyone!
The Del-sol elbow will not work due to it not accomodating the lower position that the throttle body sits on the GSR duel plenum manifold.
So you must use the GSR elbow if you want to use a OEM setup.

I would suggest using a JDM SIR2 airbox, (which should have a larger inlet then your stock airbox on the civic) And see if the GSR elbow will reach/work with it. Do a little mcguever to make it work??
Top it off with a quality high flow panel filter.

Look into comptech/CT engineering for intake solutions that come with a CARB sticker, and is sold at your local Acura dealers, or online.
Closest to OEM look and fitment you will see from the aftermarket