Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

installing remote start need input.

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 10:06 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default installing remote start need input.

So i bought this Valet system it is a 561r model Valet remote start and keyless entry for my 97 civic EX manual. All i want to have is a basic remote start, keyless entry and the parking lights to flash when i lock or unlock.im also wondering and hoping that its possible to hotwire it to work with a 5speed.If anybody is 100% shur where the wires go then help me list em...and tell me all the BS that really dosnt do anything and what dosnt need to be hooked up im just looking for basic functions....here is the diagram of the remote start system.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: installing remote start need input.

This one is a little more complicated than mine. Mine is in an EG but I'll help as much as I can.
First off, did you disable your clutch override? If not, you will need to unplug the clutch switch and put a paperclip or something in the connector so it stays connected at all times. After you do that, you should be able to start the car without pushing the clutch in. MAKE SURE YOU LEAVE YOUR CAR IN NEUTRAL EVERYTIME YOU PARK IT. Also, you need to have power locks already installed in order to use this. This unit just controls them.
You will need to hook up the brown wire to one of your brake lights. You will have to find your tach wire going into the cluster and hook up the violet/white wire to it. The gray (hood pin shutdown) I wouldn't worry about (it's a function to shut the car off if the hood is opened). Make sure you hook up the black (ground) wire. Looks like you should use the ones on the right side for your ingnition hook ups (these wires should be larger). Doesn't look like you need to hook up the pink/white wire (ignition 2 output). The red should go straight to your battery.
The white (parking light) you can hook up to your light switch.
Don't worry about hooking up anything in the top right clip (pink, purple, orange, blue)

It's looks like a fairly involved install but just take your time and do it right. Otherwise you'll probably have to eventually re-do it. Be sure to make all your connections solid and run your wires in good locations. I had to re-wire mine because one of my wires got pinched and it was acting all weird.