Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

installing radio in 95 civic, need a little help

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 02:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default installing radio in 95 civic, need a little help

My neighbor asked me to install his pioneer head unit into his 95 civic lx dash and i just ahd a few questions for you. Does the dash just pop out around the radio (that piece also goes over the steering wheel) and what exactly will i need to get the stock radio out? Is there anything else i will need to do? I cant remember if i will need to actually soder any wires or if i can just buy the conversion harness and be done with it. Any help would be great, i'm just trying to help out a nice guy.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: installing radio in 95 civic, need a little help (brickonwheels)

there are 2 screws right under the radio, on the piece the coin pocket and cigarette lighter are at. and then there are 2 more screws on the side. i havent done a stock head unit in a while, but i believe one you have that off there is 1 screw on the bottow of the radio that holds it in. as for wiring, id deffinetly go with a wiring kit from a car audio store, or best buy etc. it will deffinetly eliminate the hassle you go through. id either use crimp caps, or solder the wires. either is sufficient.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:37 PM

all the wires in the kit will be color coordinated right?
Old 11-15-2005, 03:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (brickonwheels)

dont cut the wires for the stock harness please.

go buy a honda harness and then the color codes will match the harness with the cd player (thats what i did)

or you can go really easy, get two harnesses, one for the honda harness, one for the pioneer. and then its plug and play.

as far as getting the other player out.

two skrews under the cd player on the center console where ash tray is, two skews on side of that same pice, pull that piece out, reach behind cd player and push that **** out.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:46 PM

Default Re: (93egsedan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93egsedan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dont cut the wires for the stock harness please.

go buy a honda harness and then the color codes will match the harness with the cd player (thats what i did)

or you can go really easy, get two harnesses, one for the honda harness, one for the pioneer. and then its plug and play.

as far as getting the other player out.

two skrews under the cd player on the center console where ash tray is, two skews on side of that same pice, pull that piece out, reach behind cd player and push that **** out.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Honda harness? as in it will plug into the stock harness and the aftermarket harness will plug into that?
Old 11-15-2005, 04:17 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by brickonwheels &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Honda harness? as in it will plug into the stock harness and the aftermarket harness will plug into that?</TD></TR></TABLE>

BUahahaha holy **** man, get a new hobby. If you have questions about a radio install you need to just say "Yeaaaaah, uh i think its time to move on".
Old 11-15-2005, 04:20 PM

wow, you are really helpful. so what if i have never installed a radio, i've done sub installs, multi amp installs, speakers, so why not try a Head unit? there has to be a first time for everything right? so keep your smart *** comments you yourself.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:42 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by brickonwheels &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wow, you are really helpful. so what if i have never installed a radio, i've done sub installs, multi amp installs, speakers, so why not try a Head unit? there has to be a first time for everything right? so keep your smart *** comments you yourself.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I call BS. I've installed all of those too. Headunits are by far the most easy of everything you just mentioned. My little sister could install a ******* head unit. If you really want instructions there is no way you've put in amps, speakers and subs...and they still work!

First off there are screws by the cig lighter that have to come off. Then theres screws holding the stcok radio to the metal plate behind the dash.

Next go buy a harness for that year honda from bestbuy. Hopefully the headunit came with the radio harness, now just match up the colors exactly, don't connect the orange wires which are dimmers because they are known to blow... Do not cut the stock harness or you deserve a dick slap.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:46 PM

yeah, the wiring was the only thing i was worried about. It isnt that i havent done wiring before, i've done a remote start and turbo timer, i just like to be very sure about things.