Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Installing a new stock antennae help!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 03:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Installing a new stock antennae help!!

Hey guys, I bought a new stock antenna to replace the one that came on my car (the antennae itself was broken off).

THe problem i have here is that i'm trying to lower the wire/connecter down to my cabin so i can plug it into the allotted slot for the antenna. i don't know if that made sense, but once it's plugged in, the radio receives transmissions. newyz, i can't seem to get that wire/connector down into my cabin. it seems to get stuck while going down. is there any way i can mak this install easier? use some sort of wire thing? i dont know...

ps. my car is a 96 ek hb
Old 01-24-2005, 04:00 PM
HT Order of Merit

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Installing a new stock antennae help!! (llxzxll)

See if you can get a really long zip tie. Home depot usually has them. Try and snake this down first. I would have recommended cutting the old antenna at the top mounging hole, and taping the new end to that and then pull it through, but im going to assume you already removed it. Good luck.
Old 01-24-2005, 04:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you didn't already pull the other one out you could just cut the original one just below the antenna itself and DUCT Tape it to the end of the new one and just pull it thru

otherwise have fun with a long zip tie or possibly a coat hanger
Old 01-24-2005, 04:06 PM

if you take down the headliner a little bit, you'll see a smaller hole around where your o-**** handle would be, just fish the wire through there and run it down the a-pillar. i've had 2 hatches, and done both this way. saves a lot of time and headaches instead of fishing it right through the a-pillar itself.
Old 01-24-2005, 04:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

in short.. you want to use the old cable to pull down the new cable into and down the side of the window and into the car.

if you took out the bad antenna. you will have to go to the dealership and have them stress over it...
Old 01-31-2005, 06:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (camo hatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by camo hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if you take down the headliner a little bit, you'll see a smaller hole around where your o-**** handle would be, just fish the wire through there and run it down the a-pillar. i've had 2 hatches, and done both this way. saves a lot of time and headaches instead of fishing it right through the a-pillar itself.</TD></TR></TABLE>

by headliner, are you referring to the a-pillar plastic piece? How hard is it to remove that?

also, yes i already removed the old antennae -_-
Old 01-31-2005, 06:46 PM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Default Re: (llxzxll)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by camo hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if you take down the headliner a little bit, you'll see a smaller hole around where your o-**** handle would be, just fish the wire through there and run it down the a-pillar. i've had 2 hatches, and done both this way. saves a lot of time and headaches instead of fishing it right through the a-pillar itself.</TD></TR></TABLE>
That's what I did a while back too.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by llxzxll &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
by headliner, are you referring to the a-pillar plastic piece? How hard is it to remove that?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Yes, just grab the sides of it and give it a couple of tugs and the clips will come out.
Old 01-31-2005, 07:04 PM

Default Re: (camo hatch)

"if you take down the headliner a little bit, you'll see a smaller hole around where your o-**** handle would be, just fish the wire through there and run it down the a-pillar. i've had 2 hatches, and done both this way. saves a lot of time and headaches instead of fishing it right through the a-pillar itself."

that's what i did on my crx. lot easier than running throught the pillar!!