Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Installing Cruise Control on CX???

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 08:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing Cruise Control on CX???

Anyone successfully install an OEM or aftermarket Cruise Control on an EG??? Any links would be appreciated. I DID SEARCH, came up with nothing, except for EF cruise controls, which were not useful.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Installing Cruise Control on CX??? (D21X)

I wish I could help, but I really want to ask why you would want to do that?

Our CX's are so rare, and the only reason to have one is for the lightweight gutted OEM style. If you add cruise control, you're just on the road to transforming a perfectly good racecar platform to the luxury of the DX Honda hotness...

Good luck on it though!

Modified by MrTodd at 11:07 AM 4/14/2005
Old 04-14-2005, 08:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Installing Cruise Control on CX??? (MrTodd)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MrTodd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I wish I could help, but I really want to ask why you would want to do that?

Our CX's are so rare, and the only reason to have one is for the lightweight gutted OEM style. If you add cruise control, you're just one the road to transforming a perfectly good racecar platform to the luxury of the DX Honda hotness...

Good luck on it though!</TD></TR></TABLE>

i might be driving 3 hrs on the hwy every other weekend over the summer, so cruise would really be nice. and besides cruise control doesnt weigh down the car that much.
Old 04-14-2005, 10:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Installing Cruise Control on CX??? (D21X)

i guess this is impossible huh?
Old 04-14-2005, 11:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MrTodd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I wish I could help, but I really want to ask why you would want to do that?

Our CX's are so rare, and the only reason to have one is for the lightweight gutted OEM style. If you add cruise control, you're just on the road to transforming a perfectly good racecar platform to the luxury of the DX Honda hotness...

Good luck on it though!

Modified by MrTodd at 11:07 AM 4/14/2005</TD></TR></TABLE>

hahaha...Dx did NOT come with cruise control. Yes, you can do it. I did it back in Feb. this year on my Dx. In my case I mounted the controls in the dash beside my fog light switch. The extra 10lb. of weight will make no difference to the speed of your vehicle. In my case having a mini-me in my Dx overrides the little extra wieght quite well . It is very easy to do for the most part. If your worried about adding extra wieght (for what ever reason) just pull the back seats. I would not worry about the weight issue. If I really wanted my Dx to wiegh the same as a Cx I would remove the sound tar on the floor inside my car. That's about the only difference other than the slow *** d15b8 and the gas tank size, but I like not having to tank up that much .
Old 04-14-2005, 11:53 AM
Banned

Default Re: Installing Cruise Control on CX??? (Bond)

my buddy just got a wrecked 95 ex. he owes me so im taking the color match power mirrors, door panels, power doors, power windows, and yes cruise control and sticking it all on my cx. I am VERY excited. it will be everything i have ever wanted in a civic. hatchback with all power options except sunroof which i can do without.
and to the guy who said putting this stuff on cx is stupid. i should prolly get rid of the b and the big turbo cause they weigh too much. i should take out the rear speakers too, i hate listening to music in my car
i'll take the extra 50lbs for my comfort.
oh this might **** you off too, im putting dynomat in it too, cause i hate no sound deadening
Old 04-14-2005, 12:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Installing Cruise Control on CX??? (Bond)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bond &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

hahaha...Dx did NOT come with cruise control. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Heheh, sorry I meant the EX. on me

But that's cool if you guys wanna add all that stuff to your car. Honestly, I'm not trying to say it's gonna slow you down or anything - I'm just personally thinking that if you wanted all of that stuff, why didn't you just go for higher end models in the first place??

As for me, I love my CX the way it is. I'm keeping the full interior, but switching out almost everything else that's needed for increased performance. If I were a complete racing junkie, my car would be completely stripped; but that's never going to happen. Seriously though, I'm not trying to rain on your parade or anything, I just asked a simple question is all, and it was answered in the 3rd post.

And by the way, I don't care much for turbos.. I'm keeping everything N/A for the fun and techinicalities of the build, but mostly for the steady powerband. I'm gearing my car mostly for auto-x and perhaps a little road race. All horsepower is cool and all, but not that cool IMO. Turbo lag is lame for how I want to drive. But if I really wanted power, I'd drop in a H22 build it up and turbo that as 400HP would be fairly easy.

Modified by MrTodd at 2:48 PM 4/14/2005
Old 04-14-2005, 12:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

so anyways....back to the subject, anyone install an OEM cruise control with some steps or parts that i might need???
Old 04-14-2005, 12:48 PM
Electrician

If you have the donor car, completely swap everything from one to the other.
Old 04-14-2005, 12:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Dimi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dimi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you have the donor car, completely swap everything from one to the other.</TD></TR></TABLE>

If you don't I can make you a list. I'll post it later.
Old 04-14-2005, 01:32 PM
Banned

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MrTodd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Turbo lag is lame for how I want to drive.
Modified by MrTodd at 2:48 PM 4/14/2005</TD></TR></TABLE>

apparently you have never owned a turbo honda. my big turbo yields 12 psi at 3200 rpm - lag yea right
i bet my old setup with y8 and t25, full boost (read torque) hit by 2500 rpm. again lag...... but hey if you wanna spend more money, make less power, and have a shitty power band. go ahead, go all motor
Old 04-14-2005, 11:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Installing Cruise Control on CX??? (Burke)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Burke &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

apparently you have never owned a turbo honda. my big turbo yields 12 psi at 3200 rpm - lag yea right
i bet my old setup with y8 and t25, full boost (read torque) hit by 2500 rpm. again lag...... but hey if you wanna spend more money, make less power, and have a shitty power band. go ahead, go all motor</TD></TR></TABLE>

True . My old Si turbo was nice and it did not lag a bit. Oh, I wish I still had it .