Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

install camber kit or just align and fix toe?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2004, 09:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default install camber kit or just align and fix toe?

just like the topic say guyz. just wondering which one i should do. i have a 93 eg hatch. its too much of a hassle for me to install the camber kit. but i do have one ingalls brand new. or should i just do an alignment and fix the toe? i hear alot of people having a sqeaky sound after installing camber kits.

if i dont install the camber kit imma sell it $150 shipped. tia
Old 01-26-2004, 09:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: install camber kit or just align and fix toe? (egturbo)

I did a alignment and it seems to be working out really well. But also the aligment guy said its only 50% better instead of 100% Only if you get a camber kit then it would be 100% better. Atleast thats what i was told from the alignment guy.
Old 01-26-2004, 09:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: install camber kit or just align and fix toe? (Luserkid)

What's your drop? Do you know your camber specs on the front and back?
Old 01-26-2004, 09:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: install camber kit or just align and fix toe? (EJ1)

i say do it with the camber kit...unless you don't care about negative camber tread wear.
Old 01-26-2004, 09:12 PM

do alignment, sell camber kit, buy beer.
Old 01-26-2004, 09:35 PM

Default Re: (jwn7)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jwn7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">do alignment, sell camber kit, buy beer. </TD></TR></TABLE>

lol.. no seriously.. umm u can put like one finger in the front. is it worth putting in a camber kit? my friend has a eg coupe and he said he just did alignment and toe. and he has no wear at all.
Old 01-26-2004, 10:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (egturbo)

take the car to where your friend had it done and have the same person align it and see what happens...i always get the life time alignments on my cars , that way i can always get it rechecked anytime i want...
Old 01-27-2004, 10:44 AM

Default Re: (cxSHOE)

^^ yeah ill prolli do that. but i dont have enough for the life time one..
Old 01-27-2004, 11:24 AM

You are a man who cares about his car. Why throw money away riding on the inside of your tires. Get a chamber kit and have a alignment done. As you know your ride has no chamber adjustment. Any drop needs a kit. Just my 2 cents. Do what you want bro.
Old 01-27-2004, 07:25 PM

Default Re: install camber kit or just align and fix toe? (B18C2_sedan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18C2_sedan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You are a man who cares about his car. Why throw money away riding on the inside of your tires. Get a chamber kit and have a alignment done. As you know your ride has no chamber adjustment. Any drop needs a kit. Just my 2 cents. Do what you want bro. </TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah can't u fix a lil camber by adjusting the toe? then doin alignment?
Old 01-27-2004, 10:44 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by egturbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

yeah can't u fix a lil camber by adjusting the toe? then doin alignment?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 01-27-2004, 11:19 PM

the whole negative camber will eat your tires like a fat girl is a myth; because an out of spec toe setting is actually what eats your tires like a fat girl. after lowering, your suspension geometry will be significgantly altered, so you will need to have an alignment done, setting your caster and toe to spec - namely zero. however, after the alignment, your tires will experience very slight excessive wear on the very inside edge because: when an out of spec camber setting is present, the accuracy of the toe adjuster is affected; so when you set the toe to zero, it's really not perfectly at zero - but very close. the only reason to invest in a camber kit is if you desire to run a specific degree of camber for racing, or are really **** about your tires.

if you don't believe me, search this entire board for 'camber' and see what comes up.

as i said eariler: do alignment, sell camber kit, buy beer.
Old 01-27-2004, 11:39 PM

Default Re: (jwn7)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jwn7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the whole negative camber will eat your tires like a fat girl is a myth; because an out of spec toe setting is actually what eats your tires like a fat girl. after lowering, your suspension geometry will be significgantly altered, so you will need to have an alignment done, setting your caster and toe to spec - namely zero. however, after the alignment, your tires will experience very slight excessive wear on the very inside edge because: when an out of spec camber setting is present, the accuracy of the toe adjuster is affected; so when you set the toe to zero, it's really not perfectly at zero - but very close. the only reason to invest in a camber kit is if you desire to run a specific degree of camber for racing, or are really **** about your tires.

if you don't believe me, search this entire board for 'camber' and see what comes up.

as i said eariler: do alignment, sell camber kit, buy beer. </TD></TR></TABLE>

so i have to adjust both at the same time right? alignment and adjust the toe. not just alignment. cuz before when i did alignment for my lil bro's lowered eg it still wore out tires quick. i never thought about adjusting the toe until a friend of mine told me about it.
Old 01-27-2004, 11:46 PM

Default Re: (egturbo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by egturbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

so i have to adjust both at the same time right? alignment and adjust the toe. not just alignment. cuz before when i did alignment for my lil bro's lowered eg it still wore out tires quick. i never thought about adjusting the toe until a friend of mine told me about it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

usually all they can adjust is toe...you will see your tires probably look like \ / which is what happens to your front tires when you dump your ride...

i have 2 degrees negative camber in the front and 1 degree negative in the back... but my toe is fixed...my shitto's lasted over 1 1/2 years before my gf took them..now the inside edge is pretty hacked up...i put over 22k on them...before my gf tacked on 6k more...
Old 01-27-2004, 11:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (degooser)

get an alignment and tell them to set your toe to stock speic's and if you still think you need a camber kit after that then go head get one, i wouldn't
Old 02-02-2004, 01:43 AM

Default Re: (slammed_93_hatch)

I'm also in the same boat, I have a 2" drop on my car and I'm starting to notice the inside of the tire is wearing excessively. The rear appears to be just fine, so for now and alignment and toe adjustment should do the job just fine?

Also, when I get an alignment, do I need to tell them anything specific in terms of the toe adjustment, or will that all be corrected? I really don't know a whole lot in terms of the suspension, so anything that I would need to tell the alignment guys would be helpful.
Old 02-03-2004, 04:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BucsJosh)

I just got an alignment today since I have to have my steering wheel tilted to the left for me to go straight. They said all they could adjust was the toe without a camber kit but afterwards my steering wheel is still tilted. What can I do to fix this?