Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Input shaft bearing

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 10:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Input shaft bearing

Sorry guys for all the post but its better to know and not to mess up and learn the hard way. Im really good with Chevy ford and such. This is only my 3rd honda 1st was already done up when I bought it 2nd was stock and now my 1994 with the D16Y8 swap. They didnt wire up the vtec and was running the stock 1.5 non vtec computer. I bought a p28 with a removable style performance chip (they put the jack in then the chip) But Im taking on the tranny (5speed). It had some horrible input shaft bearing noise and it was leaking gear fluid bad but still shifted good. Are all the stories up to hype am I in over my head. Ive got both Cv axles out everything unbolted but the bell housing. Im going to Put a jack under the motor with some wood on it so I dont damage the oil pan then unbolt the tranny mount and try to bring her down slow and pull the tranny with the cars front end 3 feet off the ground. When I open the tranny up I was just planning on replacing the isb and seals but if worse case are there some good syncros for a cheap price Im looking at for all the seals and bearings and Syncros 200.00 Thanks again guys. Oh and anything I need to look out for and becarful of.