Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

inner part of wheel rubbing?

Old 02-25-2006, 06:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default inner part of wheel rubbing?

i just put on my wheels that i recently got and the rear right wheel is rubbing from the inside...the size n everything isnt crazy at all.. 15x7 43 offset with 205/50/ tires. i got it checked out and for some reason, the weights on that wheel are being hit around the whole wheel by the arm. u can see where it hits and the weights being shaved off. not only is it getting shaved off, but its also literally spinning around the whole wheel scratching it up.. all the other wheels are fine.. i got into an accident a while ago where my rear left part of the car banged against the cement gaurd things on the highway while diong 60. all that i got outa it was a scratched up bumper, and the rear left rim with the lip torn off. mabe it shifted everything a little? nothings bent cause they couldnt find a single bent part. my rear wheels used to butterfly out, but after the accident, the left wheel is str8, and the right one is still cambering. seems kinda confusing so ill answer and ?'s you guys have. i dunno what i have to do... alignment? cause i never got one before.
Old 02-25-2006, 07:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: inner part of wheel rubbing? (blackie)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blackie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> my rear wheels used to butterfly out, but after the accident, the left wheel is str8, and the right one is still cambering. </TD></TR></TABLE>

What do you mean by this? What wheel is this happening to?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blackie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i dunno what i have to do... alignment? cause i never got one before.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Is your car stock? You should always get an alignment after changing ride height. If you've never gotten one, get it on a machine; and make sure you get a before / after printout. I'm guessing that they won't be able to get the toe to 0, and you'll have some weird camber issue, and on that corner something will be bent.

Old 02-26-2006, 12:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i meant cambering when i said butterfly out. its the rear right wheel
Old 02-26-2006, 12:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (blackie)

I'm still not sure what you mean by cambering... Positive or negative camber? Are you gettting abnormal wear? If it's just one tire, 99% something is bent.

Old 02-26-2006, 12:58 PM

mine did that too when i lowered my car, all it did was rub away at the inner part of my wheelwell where my engine sits.. it will stop after like 100miles
Old 02-26-2006, 01:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

its negative camber i think? or is it +? wher the bottom of the wheel sticks out from the car. nothings looks bent at all. a shop also took a look at it and said nothing looks bent. the arm is kicking and grinding the weights around the inner part of the wheel. u can see the weights that have been half way grinded down and the scratch mark it made when the weights spun around the wheel. when i make the slightest right turn, the wheel thumps and grinds.
Old 02-26-2006, 04:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (blackie)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blackie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">its negative camber i think? or is it +? .</TD></TR></TABLE>

Negative camber looks like / \ from the rear positive looks like \ /

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blackie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> nothings looks bent at all. a shop also took a look at it and said nothing looks bent. the arm is kicking and grinding the weights around the inner part of the wheel. </TD></TR></TABLE>

The only way you can tell is to either take the arms off and compare them to each other, or put it on an alignment machine. You'll never be able to tell if something is bent just by looking at it.

Old 02-26-2006, 08:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ok then its negative camber. i havent found a place that aligns lowered cars but im pretty sure there is one somewhere here in chicago. i need one of those badly for sure.