Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

inlinefour.com

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 07:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default inlinefour.com

on their website they state that OEM Honda lugnuts will not work on Mugen rims, but that their Mugen Lugnuts will work; true or false?
Old 01-21-2005, 04:29 PM

Default Re: inlinefour.com (pearlblueb16)

i was just lookin at their site today, i didn't see that (didn't look at the wheels) but they did mention that the gunmetal mugen lugnuts they have are made to fit the oem wheels. it mentioned that they were "tapered to fit the oem wheels" or something like that. i would e-mail them or try to find them on aim if you can do that. they have been very helpful whenever i have asked them anything.
Old 01-21-2005, 05:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: inlinefour.com (itrhopeful)

The King Motorsports website also says that OEM lugnuts do not work on Mugen wheels:

http://www.kingmotorsports.com...ct=32

I have seen Volk lug nuts on Mugen MF10s before so Volks can be a cheaper alternative to the expensive Mugen lug nuts.
Old 01-21-2005, 06:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: inlinefour.com (pearlblueb16)

You never want to use aftermarket lugs with OEM wheels, or OEM lugs with aftermarket wheels. The seats are different.
The Mugen lugs have the same outward appearance as lugs, but the seats are meant to be used with aftermarket wheels.
Old 01-21-2005, 06:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: inlinefour.com (Jean Claude Rod rez)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jean Claude Rod rez &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You never want to use aftermarket lugs with OEM wheels, or OEM lugs with aftermarket wheels. The seats are different.
The Mugen lugs have the same outward appearance as lugs, but the seats are meant to be used with aftermarket wheels.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree, also America Discount Tires & Tire Rack says the same them.
Old 01-21-2005, 07:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: inlinefour.com (sleeperciv)

Stock honda rims use acorn nuts which secure both the hubcap and the wheel. They are rounded because of this and much wider. If you were to use them they would come loose or allow the studs to have play and break.

BTW mugen does'nt make there own lugs. Buy some kyogogens sp ? which are at least harder to steal for 40 bux
Old 01-21-2005, 07:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: inlinefour.com (stormy)

i am not trying to hijack the thread but i thought mugen did make lug nuts, cuz one of my friends claims he's running them (he is not one to just claim either)........i didnt think to research it cuz im running mutegi (sp?) and yes as others stated before after market lugs on after market wheels
Old 01-21-2005, 07:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: inlinefour.com (hatchlessrex)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hatchlessrex &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i am not trying to hijack the thread but i thought mugen did make lug nuts, cuz one of my friends claims he's running them (he is not one to just claim either)........i didnt think to research it cuz im running mutegi (sp?) and yes as others stated before after market lugs on after market wheels</TD></TR></TABLE>

I think he meant that Mugen outsources their lugs, meaning another company makes them, and Mugen puts their name on them, just like 95% of every companys products.
Kyokugen are by far the worst lug nuts I've ever come across. Very poor quality.
Old 01-22-2005, 02:58 PM

Default Re: inlinefour.com (rodrez.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rodrez. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I think he meant that Mugen outsources their lugs, meaning another company makes them, and Mugen puts their name on them, just like 95% of every companys products.
Kyokugen are by far the worst lug nuts I've ever come across. Very poor quality. </TD></TR></TABLE>

had mine for 2 years and sold a whole bunch of them. Of course I always use a wrench instead of an impact gun to put them on or off
Old 01-22-2005, 03:04 PM
Darth ModerVader

Default Re: inlinefour.com (stormy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stormy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">had mine for 2 years and sold a whole bunch of them. Of course I always use a wrench instead of an impact gun to put them on or off</TD></TR></TABLE>

I never had a single problem with my Kyokugen's either. I used anti-seize on the threads and always properly torqued them.
Old 01-22-2005, 03:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: inlinefour.com (rodrez.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rodrez. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You never want to use aftermarket lugs with OEM wheels, or OEM lugs with aftermarket wheels. The seats are different.
The Mugen lugs have the same outward appearance as lugs, but the seats are meant to be used with aftermarket wheels.</TD></TR></TABLE>

listen to this man. i work at discount tire and it irks me when people with hondas come in with aftermarket wheels and honda lugs. although, i have seen, and been told that stock lugs are what you use on mugen wheels. i work with a guy who has some mr5's and he had problems with aftermarket lugs, switched back to stock and hasn't had a problem since.
Old 01-22-2005, 05:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: inlinefour.com (Padawan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Padawan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I never had a single problem with my Kyokugen's either. I used anti-seize on the threads and always properly torqued them. </TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Padawan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Kyokugen offered replacement keys that were intend to address the stripping problem. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I heard something about that from Dynamic. So many people had issues with them stripping or not backing out. I guess everyone has different experiences, but the overwhelming amount of people having problems with them is pretty obvious.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stormy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

had mine for 2 years and sold a whole bunch of them. Of course I always use a wrench instead of an impact gun to put them on or off</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rodrez. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Kyokugen are by far the worst lug nuts<U>I've </U>ever come across. Very poor quality. </TD></TR></TABLE>