Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Injector O Ring installation

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2004, 05:16 PM
Louie_EM1

Default Injector O Ring installation

My 3rd injector is leaking air in; causing some idle problems.
I just need some tips on replacing them; I have never done it before so I dont want to run into unexpected problems.
Any links would help.
Thanks guys.
Old 02-28-2004, 05:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Injector O Ring installation (Louie_EM1)

If your injector o-ring was leaking wouldn't you be getting fuel leaking out and not air getting in?
Old 02-28-2004, 06:44 PM

Just un clip the injector thats bad unbolt the fuel rail (3 bolts) from the front of the manifold, pull it up. Then pull the injector that is bad out of the fuel rail. Then replace the injector o ring if needed. Put the new injector back into the fuel rail. Place the injectors back into the manifold with the fuel rail still attached and the the fuel rail will line back up with the studs off the manifold and bolt if back down. Finally put the clip back on the one injector you took off . Thats it
Old 02-28-2004, 08:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: chillin in that city called queen creek, but homes the atl
Default Re: Injector O Ring installation (Cake-boy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Cake-boy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just un clip the injector thats bad unbolt the fuel rail (3 bolts) from the front of the manifold, pull it up. Then pull the injector that is bad out of the fuel rail. Then replace the injector o ring if needed. Put the new injector back into the fuel rail. Place the injectors back into the manifold with the fuel rail still attached and the the fuel rail will line back up with the studs off the manifold and bolt if back down. Finally put the clip back on the one injector you took off . Thats it </TD></TR></TABLE>
first this is good advice if he was leaking fuel not air. and to the guy who wrote this tread how do u now u are leaking air from anywhere what did u do to test to see that u have a air or vaccum leak
Old 02-28-2004, 08:30 PM

Default Re: Injector O Ring installation (streetdreams02)

when u place the o rings back into the fuel rail take oil and and lube up the rings so they slip in better
Old 02-28-2004, 09:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Injector O Ring installation (cstay)

this guy is leaking air not gas
Old 02-28-2004, 09:23 PM
Louie_EM1

I used carb cleaner and as the engine was running I just sprayed in certain areas to see if the idle changed, the 3rd injecter almost killed my engine.
Old 02-28-2004, 09:23 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by streetdreams02 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
first this is good advice if he was leaking fuel not air. and to the guy who wrote this tread how do u now u are leaking air from anywhere what did u do to test to see that u have a air or vaccum leak</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah good point, I was just trying to help you change out the injector but how do you know thats the problem, and from a post earlier most likely you would be leaking out fuel from the pressure not sucking in air. And if you do have a bad injector then that could cause a missfire and a idle problem.
Old 02-28-2004, 11:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Louie_EM1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I used carb cleaner and as the engine was running I just sprayed in certain areas to see if the idle changed, the 3rd injecter almost killed my engine.</TD></TR></TABLE>
before u did this did u see any gas leaking or puddles on the intake manifold. that way we can rule out the injectors . but to me it sounds like the intake gasket might be bad. and how was the idle before u spray the carb cleaner and how did the car run
Old 02-29-2004, 07:15 AM
Louie_EM1

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by streetdreams02 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
before u did this did u see any gas leaking or puddles on the intake manifold. that way we can rule out the injectors . but to me it sounds like the intake gasket might be bad. and how was the idle before u spray the carb cleaner and how did the car run</TD></TR></TABLE>
No, there is no gas on the runners of the intake manifold; or leakage.
The idle is ok, but not great, it idles at around 1,400 and jumps slightly; I think this is due to air in the coolant I am not sure, because I did runt he car with the cap off but I might have a bad themostat also; my fan never kicks in.
Anyways, after I spray the carb cleaner on the injector the idles drops like 500.
Old 02-29-2004, 08:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Injector O Ring installation (Cake-boy)

i think your intake manifold gasket is bad and thats why your car idles so high
Old 02-29-2004, 09:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i don't want to argue, but i had this same problem. it was a bad oring and it did cause air to be sucked past the o ring. i replaced the oring and problem solved. no fuel leaked out, but air did leak in.

however those orings shouldn't go bad for no reason. mine only went because they were damaged during my swap
Old 02-29-2004, 09:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Mr.E.G.)

hey anythings possible motors can have strange problems