Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Injector keeps getting stuck open!

Old 04-19-2019, 04:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Injector keeps getting stuck open!

Hey guys so i have a boosted b18c and it was running good got it tuned and everything and then my fuel line from filter to fuel rail started leaking so i ordered new filter and line and fittings and got that installed and then turned car on let it idle turned it off for like two days and when i tried to start it again it just made a clunk noise like it was locked up and i thought it was the starter but it wasnt so i removed spark plugs and cylinder 1 and 2 were full of fuel. i removed them and drained fuel from cylinder and cleaned them and put them back and now only cyl 2 injector did it again it filled cylinder with fuel so i took them out hooked them up individually to a battery and cleaned them with carb cleaner and i also let them sit submerged in carb cleaner for a few hours went to put them back and it idled good for about 3 mins and then turned off and i removed spark plugs and cylinder 2 flooded again. and i removed the injector and i can blow air through it again before i installed it the last time i tested it make sure it closed and opened multiple times, so could it be its just bad or is there still gunk inside keeping it stuck open? Thanks!
Old 04-19-2019, 04:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Injector keeps getting stuck open!

It is hard to tell... what kind of fuel injectors are they ??? Can you substitute another set to rule out a problem with the ECU and wiring ??? What about a resistor box... are you using one of them for the injectors that you have ???
Old 04-19-2019, 06:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

No resistor box they are Bosch 1000cc and it stays open even when I take it off the motor and Iíll tap on it or clean it and sometimes it works when I put power to it to open it but then after couple times itíll stop clicking and it stays open cause I can blow air through it
Old 04-20-2019, 03:56 AM
DaX
Honda-Tech Member

Are you running E85 or 93 Octane? It may be best to send them out for cleaning and flow testing.
Old 04-20-2019, 08:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Iím running e85 but here itís not true e85 itís e54 and they were just cleaned and flow tested before the tune a few weeks ago but maybe the fuel filter was just full of gunk and it got in the injectors? Donít know when it was last replaced but I just replaced it this week

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: