Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Importing cars from Canada?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 01:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Importing cars from Canada?

As some may have already read in my previous post about the Acura EL I am trying to import from Canada. I am dying to get this car and I don't want to settle for anything else. If anyone has any idea on how to import a car from Canada please give me a shout. I have talked to all of my banks and none of them are willing to give me a loan for a car out of country. My issues is that I am driving to Virgina in August and I want to drive this car down there but the banks have told me that it could take up to a year to get a title for it. Anyway if anyone knows how to go about this or know anyone who has please tell me. I am willing to do what it takes to get this car here and on the road by August. Thanks guys!
Old 06-06-2008, 02:42 PM

Default Re: Importing cars from Canada? (wernhersey)

Well WHy Wont YOu Buy One Here In THe USA... My Neighbor Across The Street Got One... 2000 Acura EL... This Past Weekend Her Car Slipped Down A Slippery Road And Got A Dent In Da Fender She COuldnt Get The Regurlar Front Again Its got A 99 Civic Fronnt Now.... lol..
Old 06-06-2008, 03:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Importing cars from Canada? (ridiculousswagga)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ridiculousswagga &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well WHy Wont YOu Buy One Here In THe USA... My Neighbor Across The Street Got One... 2000 Acura EL... This Past Weekend Her Car Slipped Down A Slippery Road And Got A Dent In Da Fender She COuldnt Get The Regurlar Front Again Its got A 99 Civic Fronnt Now.... lol..</TD></TR></TABLE>

yea i agree. Is there difference between the US and Canada version of EL? Besides I believe the used vehicles in the US are much cheaper than those in Canada. Canadian vehicles are rust friendly since they are up north with snow falling in every winter, especially in Ontario.

But If you really really want to import one, then I can tell you a few thing.
The loan issue is on your own since I cannot help you get money from bank. You either have to borrow from someone or earn them I guess. Once you get your fund, go to Canada, recommneds western (ie British Columbia) and buy an acrua there. Tell them you are from the US and importing it. Then I beleive you dont have to pay taxes since you are not going to be driving on the Canadian roads. (but you may pay tax; it all depends on the country and their laws right?) Then go to the border and go to Canadian custom and tell them you are importing a vehicle and give them your proof of ownership and such and such, and they will give you a form and you have to sign, pay some money to them. Then go over to US custom, and do the same, saying you are importing a vehicle. Once all finished, get insurance and drive home.

I dont know for sure, but you may have to fix your car to meet the US's vehicle specs. So you may have to go through car inspection.

To summarize, it will be best if you just buy an EL from the US and change whatever you are wanting from the canadian version.
Old 06-06-2008, 04:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Importing cars from Canada? (TotalBalance)

OMG I would love to find one in the us. But from what I have read I can only get the from Canada. I have searched for hem for hours and only found about two and they were mega bucks with a million miles. Please help find one if you can. Thanks guys!