Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

IM vaccum line question?

Old 07-27-2004, 03:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IM vaccum line question?

Ok first off this is a 2000 Civic si stock b16. I have been trying to clean up my engine bay by hiding wires and what not and I have a question about a vaccum line on the back of the intake manifold. The line goes from the right side of the brake booster to the back of the manifold. Where it connects to the manifold there is a L shaped hard line coming out of the manifold. My question is can I twist this so its facing down without it breaking off. Also does that line have to have a specific length or can I just replace it with any length of hose? Heres a terrible pic of what im talking about but it might give you a better idea of where I am talking about.

Old 07-27-2004, 03:54 PM
H-T White Ops

Don't mess with that line. You can't just replace it with a chunk of 3/8" hose. It has a couple of check valves in there that serve a purpose. Don't dick with it.
And no, you can't turn that elbow.
Old 07-27-2004, 03:55 PM

Thank you much. Im glad I didn't take the chance and twist it around.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: