Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

im not gonna lie i bet half of you dont know the answer to this

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 09:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default im not gonna lie i bet half of you dont know the answer to this

or maybe you do correct me if im wrong......

i have a swap from a 2000 HX and it is Vtec...but its not normal its a Vtec-e which means it doesnt do the same thing it doesnt use lobes to activate Vtec well ill just show you the site i read all this its ALOT of reading but if you skim over it you can get the jist of regular SOHC VTEC and SOHC VTEC-E in fact you might learn something cool to make your unknowing friends look like idiots

http://www.leecao.com/honda/vtec/sohcvtec.html

there is a link of the left side to click on the VTEC-E

ok so after you read all the my question is........alot of people put after market cams in there hondas for better preformance well what can i do to get optimum preformace out of my HX cuz im assuming cams wont help out
Old 11-09-2006, 09:28 PM
gtz
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: im not gonna lie i bet half of you dont know the answer to this (b18c5-specR)

best bet would be to make sure the car is fully insured and then drive it off a cliff.
Then, if you dont die, you take the money from the insurance and buy a fast car.
Old 11-09-2006, 09:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: im not gonna lie i bet half of you dont know the answer to this (b18c5-specR)

how could you make that assumption on a board called HONDA-TECH? if you want power from a vtec-e...contact Bense, and prepare to spend $
Old 11-09-2006, 10:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the -e stands for economic....as in gas saving grandma putter with a little vtec thrown in. hx same as the old hf crx...motor wasnt really ment to be messed with in a performance perspective....you bought a semi useless swap depending on what engine you got rid of. not exactly sure what kind of block it uses but i suppose you might be able to do a head swap or something....who knows?

ide sell it and get something else before more people flame your thread
Old 11-09-2006, 10:33 PM

I am not going to lie, I think your retarded for coming into this site and saying that half of us dont know what you are talking about. Stay awhile and read all the knowledge this site has to offer before coming and insulting half of its residents.

disclaimer: half the people on this site may have no idea about what you are talking about, but your in that half. The half that is classified as NOOBIES.
Old 11-09-2006, 10:39 PM
EckoTech

Default Re: im not gonna lie i bet half of you dont know the answer to this (gtz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gtz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">best bet would be to make sure the car is fully insured and then drive it off a cliff.
Then, if you dont die, you take the money from the insurance and buy a fast car.</TD></TR></TABLE>

lmao, but I agree
Old 11-09-2006, 10:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: im not gonna lie i bet half of you dont know the answer to this (o0Jash0o)

oh well too late cant say i didnt warn you

whos gotta match?
Old 11-09-2006, 10:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: im not gonna lie i bet half of you dont know the answer to this (o0Jash0o)

im not gonna lie but i dont know the answer to this
Old 11-09-2006, 10:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: 99 probs but a stolen car aint 1, ca, cerritos/fullerton
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: im not gonna lie i bet half of you dont know the answer to this (gtz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gtz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">best bet would be to make sure the car is fully insured and then drive it off a cliff.
Then, if you dont die, you take the money from the insurance and buy a fast car.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Rofl, ht got jokes. Well to say anything can be done if you have the money. But is it worth it? No. Your better off selling your swap To re-coupe some money to put on a k-series or b-series. Take your screen name and start from there. There are more part on the aftermarket side to support this type of modd then your new setup.
Old 11-09-2006, 10:51 PM

I suppose I should give some advice to back what I said.

Your best option is to swap. D-series are fine, but the HX motor is kind of the oddball of them all. It would be alot easier to swap in a y8 and work from that platform, or if you dont want single cam, get a b-series. On a D series engine, the only way you can get good power is with a turbo. You can dump lots of money and build an NA and have a kind of fast car, or drop alot less on a turbo and get great bang for your buck.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: im not gonna lie i bet half of you dont know the answer to this (sol2hatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sol2hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I suppose I should give some advice to back what I said.

Your best option is to swap. D-series are fine, but the HX motor is kind of the oddball of them all. It would be alot easier to swap in a y8 and work from that platform, or if you dont want single cam, get a b-series. On a D series engine, the only way you can get good power is with a turbo. You can dump lots of money and build an NA and have a kind of fast car, or drop alot less on a turbo and get great bang for your buck.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i second that vote
Old 11-09-2006, 11:18 PM
HT White Ops

VTEC is hyped to an unhealthy level, and VTEC-E is no different. I've had people with HX's brag to me about how their car is VTEC, and it's so great because of that.

Now stand in your garage and beat your head against your Y5 till you bleed.
Old 11-10-2006, 09:45 AM

It doesn't use lobes to activate the valves? wow.....I heard it doesn't even need gas, just water and it runs.....

Learn how to read.......
Old 11-10-2006, 11:50 AM
been there done that

Default Re: (API Tech)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by API Tech &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It doesn't use lobes to activate the valves? wow.....I heard it doesn't even need gas, just water and it runs.....

Learn how to read.......</TD></TR></TABLE>

water? **** works just as good.
Old 11-10-2006, 12:00 PM
overrated.

Default Re: im not gonna lie i bet half of you dont know the answer to this (wudini)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wudini &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">how could you make that assumption on a board called HONDA-TECH? if you want power from a vtec-e...contact Bense, and prepare to spend $</TD></TR></TABLE>

i swear, in every TRUELY technical thread on here, the answers all begin with "contact Bense". I hope he's getting paid for this.
Old 11-10-2006, 12:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by o0Jash0o &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the -e stands for economic....as in gas saving grandma putter with a little vtec thrown in. hx same as the old hf crx...motor wasnt really ment to be messed with in a performance perspective....you bought a semi useless swap depending on what engine you got rid of. not exactly sure what kind of block it uses but i suppose you might be able to do a head swap or something....who knows?

ide sell it and get something else before more people flame your thread</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah that's what I heard, - E for economic...and I knew it used a single lobe..and I knew it used a pin to lock the rockers opposed to seperate lobes...so uhh...guess I fall into the category of "half that do know that" - which is funny b/c I really don't know 4 cylinder engines at all O.o

With that said..
HX has TWO kinds of performance...the entire car is the most structured Honda of the year it's made for fuel economy, so there's optimizing fuel economy performance, and there's optimizing power performance out of an already econobox engine that's just made more economic... and they are the inverses of each other when it comes to cams, which are you trying to do? More power or more mpg?
Old 11-10-2006, 12:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: 99 probs but a stolen car aint 1, ca, cerritos/fullerton
Default Re: im not gonna lie i bet half of you dont know the answer to this (OnePointFive)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by OnePointFive &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i swear, in every TRUELY technical thread on here, the answers all begin with "contact Bense". I hope he's getting paid for this.</TD></TR></TABLE>
x4
Old 11-10-2006, 01:03 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b18c5-specR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">or maybe you do correct me if im wrong......

i have a swap from a 2000 HX and it is Vtec...but its not normal its a Vtec-e which means it doesnt do the same thing it doesnt use lobes to activate Vtec well ill just show you the site i read all this its ALOT of reading but if you skim over it you can get the jist of regular SOHC VTEC and SOHC VTEC-E in fact you might learn something cool to make your unknowing friends look like idiots

http://www.leecao.com/honda/vtec/sohcvtec.html

there is a link of the left side to click on the VTEC-E

ok so after you read all the my question is........alot of people put after market cams in there hondas for better preformance well what can i do to get optimum preformace out of my HX cuz im assuming cams wont help out</TD></TR></TABLE>

i thought you had a b18c5 spec r like your title says
Old 11-10-2006, 02:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: im not gonna lie i bet half of you dont know the answer to this (Syndacate)

im sorry everyone should click on the picture in syndacates sig....off topic but funny
Old 11-10-2006, 03:08 PM
HT White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by o0Jash0o &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im sorry everyone should click on the picture in syndacates sig....off topic but funny</TD></TR></TABLE>

That picture predates modern man.
Old 11-10-2006, 03:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

get a y8 tranny, badass tuning while boosting the HX. dont swap, dont change the head, be different.

as for the cam, u need to special order a regrind from crower (thanks bense)
Old 11-10-2006, 03:30 PM
Go Tigers!

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Re: (HondaEJ7)

For info on the d16y5 and modifying a vtec-e engine:
http://bensebuilt.livejournal.com/2006/09/06/
http://www.sohchonda.com/forum...st=40
Old 11-10-2006, 03:35 PM
Go Tigers!

Default Re: im not gonna lie i bet half of you dont know the answer to this (OnePointFive)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by OnePointFive &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i swear, in every TRUELY technical thread on here, the answers all begin with "contact Bense". I hope he's getting paid for this.</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol, I cannot help but sig this.

Old 11-10-2006, 05:07 PM

Default Re: im not gonna lie i bet half of you dont know the answer to this (Bense)

like i said......even though only 2 ppl actually said they didnt know how many of you really truely know how to answer my question most of you were just runnin your mouth but like maybe 2 or 3 of you helped me out with the question aksed soooo unless every calculator is wrong thats ......18.75% damn really really close to half of you so now go do your homework so you can now try to prove me wrong by posting helpful stuff but it doesnt matter because according to this topic more than half of you dont know so stfu and thanks to the ppl who arent retarded
Old 11-10-2006, 05:09 PM
Go Tigers!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b18c5-specR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">like i said......even though only 2 ppl actually said they didnt know how many of you really truely know how to answer my question most of you were just runnin your mouth but like maybe 2 or 3 of you helped me out with the question aksed soooo unless every calculator is wrong thats ......18.75% damn really really close to half of you so now go do your homework so you can now try to prove me wrong by posting helpful stuff but it doesnt matter because according to this topic more than half of you dont know so stfu and thanks to the ppl who arent retarded</TD></TR></TABLE>

You're new here. You don't call the shots.

Quick Reply: im not gonna lie i bet half of you dont know the answer to this