Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Im a newbie!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 06:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im a newbie!!!!

Hey guys! im a newbie to the boards, just bought myself a 92 cx civic hatchback! with a 5spd and a massive 1.5l under the hood, i have thermal exhaust, a header, a cold air intake. thats it for now, and i LOVE the car! best buy ive ever made!! but anyways, i came to ask a question and hopefully someone will have an answer... i just bought the car monday night, and the lady i bought it from forgot some stuff at her house, and when i went to pick the other stuff up, her husband threw in a set of coil overs off of a CRX, but my question is, will the coil overs off of the crx work on my civic? because i dont want to rip the old coil off, and then the new coil overs not work. so please, if you have an answer IM me on AIM at bmxracrn9, post here, or e-mail me at nblracrn16@yahoo.com
Old 08-31-2005, 06:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Im a newbie!!!! (cxcivicman1)

wow...a polite AND proper noob...Welcome What brand coilovers? You might want to consider a combo struts/spring set-up insted of slapping on the coilovers...btw are they new or used?
Old 08-31-2005, 06:29 PM

Hey, they are Drop Zone coil overs, and they are Brand new in the factory box, please tell me they will work... while being honest at the same time lol! thanks for the very quit response. and i have a couple things to say I LOVE HONDAS AND THIS WEBSITE!!! lol thanks reply back
Old 08-31-2005, 06:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well...this website does have its ups and downs, and being a noob to Honda's, i suggest using the SEARCH button often and READ! You'll find out how much more info's floating around the boards.

Being that the Drop Zones are new is a plus, but like i said, if you were to put them on, i wouldn't suggest reusing the factory struts. But suspension is the first thing you should work with as we all know that every car needs better suspension
Old 08-31-2005, 07:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Is it just me or did he say coilovers... so why are you saying dont use the stock struts... when coilovers come with struts and springs. if i'm wrong here let me know... i'll blame it on my business law class.
Old 08-31-2005, 07:45 PM

coilover can jus be adjustable springs... but full coilover suspension is what comes w/ the adjustable shocks and springs.....

Welcome to the site tho dude, keep the hatch clean! always post ur ideas on here b4 u go thru w/ em, later
Old 08-31-2005, 08:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hi "cxcivicman1"... welcome !!!

I'm newbie here too !!!

I don't have certain, but i guess the springs struts of all CRX and Civic Hatchbacks 88-00 are the same... can anybody confirm this info here ??

sorry about any english mistake... because I'm brazilian...
Old 08-31-2005, 09:16 PM

Default Re: Im a newbie!!!! (Santanna)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Santanna &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hi "cxcivicman1"... welcome !!!

I'm newbie here too !!!

I don't have certain, but i guess the springs struts of all CRX and Civic Hatchbacks 88-00 are the same... can anybody confirm this info here ??

sorry about any english mistake... because I'm brazilian... </TD></TR></TABLE>

As far as I know 88-00 civics are the same. crx's should be included...
Old 09-01-2005, 07:05 AM

Hey, the coil overs i have are just the kit, they are the spring the, lil rubber thingy for the bottom, and the adjuster thing. So you guys are saying that in order to use the coil overs i am going to need to buy new struts? and if so, does anyone know of any i can get CHEAP new or used, it really doesnt matter to me, please help me out, because i got the coil overs for free, and they are calln my name to put them on. thanks alot for your guys's help, and if anyone knows where i can get some CHEAP rim and tire packages that would be greatly appresciated to
Thanks alot,
Cxcivicman1
Old 09-01-2005, 07:49 AM

blah blah blah
Old 09-01-2005, 08:18 AM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Im a newbie!!!! (crashN2u)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crashN2u &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">As far as I know 88-00 civics are the same. crx's should be included...</TD></TR></TABLE>O rly?

Old 09-01-2005, 08:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cxcivicman1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey, the coil overs i have are just the kit, they are the spring the, lil rubber thingy for the bottom, and the adjuster thing. So you guys are saying that in order to use the coil overs i am going to need to buy new struts? and if so, does anyone know of any i can get CHEAP new or used, it really doesnt matter to me, please help me out, because i got the coil overs for free, and they are calln my name to put them on. thanks alot for your guys's help, and if anyone knows where i can get some CHEAP rim and tire packages that would be greatly appresciated to
Thanks alot,
Cxcivicman1</TD></TR></TABLE>

Im on drop zones with Kyb agx's i wouldnt suggest ripping apart your set up now with out gas shocks, go through all the work of putting on the coil overs just to blow your stock shocks and have poor ride qaulity, just save your money put the coilovers in your pile of parts and invest in some good shocks kyb, koni,tokico, Dropzone shocks w/e youll be much happier!
Old 09-01-2005, 02:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Im a newbie!!!! (tuck'd98)

^ well said
Old 09-01-2005, 06:55 PM

could someone tell me if these struts would be good... cuz theres alot of them on ebay rite now, please help me, i need cheap stuff, so if anyone has some used ones, i would be happy to buy them cheap. so please tell me if these are some decent struts...http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-D...96815288QQrdZ1 go there and reply back with some input
Old 09-01-2005, 08:35 PM
sb

congrats on the new whip
Old 09-01-2005, 10:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

For those drop zones, all I can say is...You get what u pay for...I bought skunk2 coilovers on ebay and love them. Most recommended are ground controls with Koni yellows. To each their own.
Old 09-02-2005, 03:07 AM
H-T White Ops

They'll fit but I honestly wouldn't put them in. Especially with stock shocks. Your ride quality will go to hell. I was about to post and tell you that they'll fit but then I saw that you said they were drop zones. You might want to think about selling them to a local ricer and save up another $100 or so to get some ground controls.
Old 09-02-2005, 04:40 AM

Default Re: Im a newbie!!!! (civicboisi)

Hey guys, thanks for all the help, if theres anyone out there that wants to buy some coil overs, and sell me some good ones with struts cheap, then ill be happy to buy them, but thanks for all your guys' help, and i will keep you guys updated on the car, i still need body kit, and rims, but thanks guys
Old 09-02-2005, 05:11 AM

I am a Newbie as well.

Just recently got my 95 Sedan 2 months ago.

So many plans!
Old 09-02-2005, 05:15 AM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to all Newbies!!

Old 09-02-2005, 05:33 AM

Default Re: Im a newbie!!!! (litterbox)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by litterbox &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Welcome to all Newbies!!

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Eh, anyone want to trade a turbo'd D coupe for a stock coupe? **** gas, god damn it!

Oh, and welcome to the site. You'll realize there are a few helpful people, and a lot of ******** that have never seen a ***** other than in playboy.
Old 09-02-2005, 07:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cxcivicman1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey guys, thanks for all the help, if theres anyone out there that wants to buy some coil overs, and sell me some good ones with struts cheap, then ill be happy to buy them, but thanks for all your guys' help, and i will keep you guys updated on the car, i still need body kit, and rims, but thanks guys</TD></TR></TABLE>

Dont ruin the car LIP(S)
Old 09-02-2005, 07:51 AM

Default Re: Im a newbie!!!! (tuck'd98)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tuck’d98 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Dont ruin the car LIP(S)</TD></TR></TABLE>

Don't bother with a body kit. I'm trying to find stock front and rear bumpers to take mine off, and don't worry about a lip either.
Old 09-04-2005, 05:06 PM

well since you guys dont recomend a body kit, then can ya help me out with some rims... cuz im thinkin about paintin the car a dark pearl/candy blue, so if anyone has some black with a chrome lipped rims, or an all chrome rim... that they want to sell... in about a 17 or 18 inch rim, then lemme know, thanks for all your help, imma be savin some money for some new struts, so gimme some recomendations, on some good struts that will keep my ride smooth, and keep me posted..... thanks alot for all your guys's help...
cxcivicman1
Old 09-04-2005, 05:20 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

17s would look too big for your small hatch....16 or 15" w/ beefier tires would look nice. Rolling on 17" wheels on a civic loses your piece of mind"potholes"...don't get chrome b/c they will peel off....do it right the first time

Quick Reply: Im a newbie!!!!