Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

im i getting ripped off

Old 10-17-2007, 12:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default im i getting ripped off

Post is over thanks for the help and advice. I gusse ill go back to school and learn how better english..

Modified by 1sickEJ at 9:19 AM 10/18/2007
Old 10-17-2007, 01:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: im i getting ripped off (1sickEJ)

spelling and grammar > you
Old 10-17-2007, 02:00 PM

Default Re: im i getting ripped off (actek23)

I'm not reading all that ****.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: im i getting ripped off (homemadeturbo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by homemadeturbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm not reading all that ****.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Then don't post Jackass

If he's been your mechanic for a while, and has never done bad work, who cares if you are getting ripped off honestly, reliable trust-worthy work is worth any amount of money if you aren't doing it yourself.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: im i getting ripped off (Dasfinc)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by homemadeturbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm not reading all that ****.</TD></TR></TABLE>[QUOTE=Dasfinc]

Then don't post Jackass

QUOTE]

Exactly. Yeah, sentences weren't the best, but if you can't help the guy out, Don't Post

Anyway, i would have probably skipped the vtec head and just went straight to boost. Not worth it imo, but, vtec is still good if you wanted it. And yes, $3000 is the norm for a fully built block.

As far as the installation, i'm not clear on what you said. Wouldn't your mechanic have told you, or give you an estimate? Could you call him? I don't serve in the military, but have you ever considered installing it yourself? You don't have to be intimidated.

Check the link under my post. alot of good info.

And as for the noobs who are going bitch about not wanting to read...then please don't ruin his thread w/ worthless coments
Old 10-17-2007, 02:33 PM

thanks for the help guys
Old 10-17-2007, 02:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (1sickEJ)

Sorry to hate.. but paragraph breaks, commas, and periods please!!
It's hard to read and doesn't make any sense.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

To assemble the block and install it given the fact that no motor is in your car right now I would say that you would pay 3-400 for the assemble and install... maybe a little more.

If you are going to this guy for everything you have done to your car I would expect a little price break if you go to him often enough.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i don't know why you think you're getting ripped off. it sounds like a decent deal to me.

1200 for a built gsr shortblock is a good price if it is rebuilt from scratch and they're giving you new pistons, rods, bearings, oil pump, etc.

installing the block would be about 300 i bet. having the shop put in a new headgasket. reinstall the head. do a valve adjustment. it's easy work, but when you add up the job, it does take a while.

installing a turbo kit would be about 300 too.

street tuning is cheap, dyno tuning is a bit more expensive

note to OP. if you want to have a nice car, don't be a cheapo. and next time, use paragraphs. no one understands what you are say.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: im i getting ripped off (1sickEJ)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1sickEJ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hello fello honda heads.. here we go ive been though a few hondas my most recent one started a year a go i bought a bone stock kinda fucked up 1994 civic DX coupe it was a pieace if **** but i was going though one of those tuff spots in life strapped for cash and needed a car badly so i bought it clean tittle for 1200.. after that i slowly upgraded because the cash strap was over and i had some extra chease to spend. so to fast forward i did lots of lil thing gsr leather interior jdm fenders 5 zigen rims (just upgraded to gt3) stock can springs and other minor things. motor wise had to get that POS sohc out and put me and stock LS in there with a hoemade intake and DC header i was happy for a lil bite well i wasnt but thats all the money i had so after that i converted to a LS/vtec stock internales skunk2 intake mani chipped p28 rear disc break conversion... i only drove the car for three days like that since i live in missiouri in the millitary adn the car is in cali were my mechanic is.. my latest venture has taken to the boost side i talked it over with my mechanic from cee's auto tech good guy but i kinda feel taken avantage of i paid 1700 for the ls vtec dont you think it kinda a lot ??? ARP head studs and all new gaskets but still a shop told me 1200 but i trust the guy hes done all the work on the car.. any way back to the turbo **** i jsut recently gave him 3000 cash for .. 1200 for a fully built GSR block 9.1-1 pistons fresh from the machine shop right i think its a pretty goos price right&gt;&gt;&gt; i also got the skunk2 coilovers Lower control arms and gt3 rims with falken tires and hes fixing lot of the small **** like door is fucked up and window too.. any ways what is a resonible price to install the block. and put a turbo kit on the npothing too crazy t3/t4 basic set-up with a tune.. thanks for the help guys..

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ever hear of a period?
Old 10-17-2007, 03:34 PM

"note to OP. if you want to have a nice car, don't be a cheapo."

well money dosent grow on trees im in the army adn we dont get paid to well
Old 10-17-2007, 04:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow that was a hard post to read. My eyes hurt. But heres what ill say anyway.

First off you should have never said the name of the shop, i would edit that out. Reason being, if i knew someone was asking about my work ethics on a public forum and i have been doing work for them for a long time i would have to raise my prices because that means there looking for other places to go. As a mechanic you cant have someone going from one shop to another and back to you, thats like a slap to the face.

Next, Price seems fair if he got you pistons, rods, ARP, bearings, etc. Fully built short blocks can go up to 3000 (with sleeves).

Finally, my buddies in the army and his making pretty good money, finishing up his first tour in Iraq now.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: im i getting ripped off (Re3irth)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Re3irth &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ever hear of a period?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ever hear of posting useful information?

To many people doing nothing but bumping post count....

I agree with luserkid, Posting names and companies is a bad idea for a number of reasons.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: im i getting ripped off (Dasfinc)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dasfinc &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Ever hear of posting useful information?</TD></TR></TABLE>

you tell 'em!!