Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Im gonna get killed for this JDM = Ricer post

Old 05-01-2003, 09:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im gonna get killed for this JDM = Ricer post

I have recently come to the realization that JDM is form for a lot of things. Dont get me wrong, there are TONS of great JDM parts, but when you feel the need to buy JDM glass, JDM tail lights, ect ect....i think that is turning into a little more form over function.

I am not hating on JDM enthusiasts...Im just saying before you make fun of a ricer, just think about the JDM glass on your car. Im not saying im a fan of the whole ricer scene with the wings, bodykits and altezzas either. But this is getting out of hand. 'i hate your altezzas, check out my jdm taillights instead.' 'I hate your usdm wind deflector (i dont know the real name), my jdm one blocks so much more wind.' Not to mention jdm parts cost an assload compared to usdm parts.

Im prepared to be killed, but this is my latest discovery.
Old 05-01-2003, 09:08 PM

Default Re: Im gonna get killed for this JDM = Ricer post (SleepyDX)

yea apparently jdm is becoming the new rice...
Old 05-01-2003, 09:14 PM

I agree with you for the most part. But only to a certain degree. It all comes down to being "clean." Nothing too gaudy or anything. Some JDM stuff come pretty close. I am not a die hard JDM fan (hence my Green DX coupe) but most of the good aftermarket PERFORMACE stuff that we get for our cars is from japan, so its JDM. Overall I see my "style" as more of a Function over form, where there are JDM "show cars" w/ 5 lugs and CTR kits on a 96 CX w/ stock motor. That goes in the same crowd as "rice" I think. Rick
Old 05-01-2003, 09:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I never leave home without a good piece of JDM dog **** in my trunk.
I dunno...I think I need sleep.
Old 05-01-2003, 09:18 PM
93EH6

I wil have to completly agree with you on that you could take the money from those jAe dI Em parts and do some performance upgrades
Old 05-01-2003, 09:24 PM

Default Re: Im gonna get killed for this JDM = Ricer post (BLACK DEATH)

i completely agree that it may look clean too, but i only take THAT to a certain degree also...just too much. i love clean rides too its just sometimes money can be much better spent.
Old 05-01-2003, 09:42 PM

my favorite jdm waste-o-money part is the jdm road flare. haha, i love that thing!
Old 05-01-2003, 09:43 PM

i agree as well APC should make a JDM line.
Old 05-01-2003, 09:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Im gonna get killed for this JDM = Ricer post (deviant1)

i hate Spoon Replicas mirrors its like having mini DX MIRRORS. its ok if you got the original and if you really like them but not just because their JDM
Old 05-01-2003, 09:47 PM

Default Re: Im gonna get killed for this JDM = Ricer post (SilverDc2)

Ok rice or not? 94 EG coupe I have the climate control,clock,cluster and switches Basiclly everything to light up the dash amber....
Old 05-01-2003, 09:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Im gonna get killed for this JDM = Ricer post (deviant1)

I like the diversity in the import scene, more paths to take so you never get sick of imports. Maybe thats why it's getting more popular every day.
Old 05-01-2003, 09:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Im gonna get killed for this JDM = Ricer post (hndarcrb18c1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hndarcrb18c1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ok rice or not? 94 EG coupe I have the climate control,clock,cluster and switches Basiclly everything to light up the dash amber....</TD></TR></TABLE>

Who gives a ****?

Do exactly what you want with your car. I don't build my **** for anyone but myself.
Old 05-01-2003, 09:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

Who cares...I'd rather see a lot of clean cars than show cars on the streets. Pretty much anything mainstream will be hated upon. Get off the exclusionist bandwagon and appreciate a nice car when you see one!
Old 05-01-2003, 09:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I second that
Old 05-01-2003, 10:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

won't be hurt if you buy Japanese or American products for your car, doesn't care one way or the other, because it's your car, your money, your choice, best of luck to you and your project.

edit: "JDM is the new rice?" Wonderful, thanks for the FYI. I've always built my cars according to what I liked, not for props from the "what's hot, what's not" peeps
Old 05-01-2003, 10:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Im gonna get killed for this JDM = Ricer post (Outrun)

Or how about the people who buy $1000-2000 JDM suspensions and never use it on the auto-x or road course? "Going on onramps is so much more fun now!"

Old 05-01-2003, 10:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

since i've voiced my opinion NUMEROUS times on this subject, i feel that we should do this for fun&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;

let's all try out hardest not to post the acronym JDM for the next day......say japanese or j-spec.....i'm SO tired of reading/hearing JDM......[immature middle school voice] the next person who says types JDM is gay!!! [/immature middle school voice].....sound like fun guys? lol
Old 05-01-2003, 10:12 PM
New User

There's people out there that modify their car because it's a trend. JDM is just another phase of all those trends out there. A year ago, all these people were all into altezzas and what not.

I think if you can really experience motorsports the way it should be experienced (i.e. road racing, auto-x, drag, etc...) then you really understand why one wants to modify a car. Heck, I'll respect anyone with a bone stock DX civic who is a straight out fast driver over anyone that's got a ton of money spent on bling blingin JDM suspension, engine parts, whatever...

If these people want to go buying all this JDM stuff, then they should just go right on doing it. It's a free country, do what you want to do to express yourself. For me, I spend money on JDM parts, USDM parts, EuroDM parts cuz I've heard good reviews about them and they aid in making me a faster driver.
Old 05-01-2003, 10:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Im gonna get killed for this JDM = Ricer post (ff-formula)

hello? your just now realizing this?
Old 05-01-2003, 10:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Im gonna get killed for this JDM = Ricer post (Kamin)

...ummm, JDM stuff is soooooo expensive!
Old 05-01-2003, 10:23 PM

this just proves that ITS TRENDY NOT TO BE TRENDY!! when JDM first started to become widely known everyone loved it because it was different. now its not cool anymore because everyone likes JDM. whats next? is keeping your car as completely stock as possible going to be the next cool thing? then 6 months later everyones going to hate it because all the magazines will write on the new factory performance fad and all the stunna's are now sporting Si and GSR wheels instead of SW388's and MF-10's? then after that everyones going to want body kits and graphics again. its like a never ending cycle of image.

i think the people who are so concerned with what is and what isnt rice, and how cool or uncool a certain style is, are the kind of people who are so god damned insecure with their own image they have to have something new every month. "last month i was sXe, the month before that i was an alcoholic, now im JDM." seriously, if youre so concerned with function over form then you wouldnt give a **** if JDM was "in style" or not. please STFU and get over it.
Old 05-01-2003, 10:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Im gonna get killed for this JDM = Ricer post (Btown_99Si)

[QUOTE
i think the people who are so concerned with what is and what isnt rice, and how cool or uncool a certain style is, are the kind of people who are so god damned insecure with their own image they have to have something new every month. "last month i was sXe, the month before that i was an alcoholic, now im JDM." seriously, if youre so concerned with function over form then you wouldnt give a **** if JDM was "in style" or not. please STFU and get over it.[/QUOTE]

Agree 100%
Old 05-01-2003, 10:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Im gonna get killed for this JDM = Ricer post (Btown_99Si)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Btown_99Si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">this just proves that ITS TRENDY NOT TO BE TRENDY!! when JDM first started to become widely known everyone loved it because it was different. now its not cool anymore because everyone likes JDM. whats next? is keeping your car as completely stock as possible going to be the next cool thing? then 6 months later everyones going to hate it because all the magazines will write on the new factory performance fad and all the stunna's are now sporting Si and GSR wheels instead of SW388's and MF-10's? then after that everyones going to want body kits and graphics again. its like a never ending cycle of image.

i think the people who are so concerned with what is and what isnt rice, and how cool or uncool a certain style is, are the kind of people who are so god damned insecure with their own image they have to have something new every month. "last month i was sXe, the month before that i was an alcoholic, now im JDM." seriously, if youre so concerned with function over form then you wouldnt give a **** if JDM was "in style" or not. please STFU and get over it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

hahah you read my mind......i think this guy said it the best so far
Old 05-01-2003, 11:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Im gonna get killed for this JDM = Ricer post (RickChew)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RickChew &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">where there are JDM "show cars" w/ 5 lugs and CTR kits on a 96 CX w/ stock motor</TD></TR></TABLE>

haha I feel you on that one... I've noticed alot of post here and there where people are asking what they should do to there car and what not and people will say don't get X product it is played out, you should go for more of a clean look, JDM look, how in the hell do these people think **** gets played out, because everyone jumps on the bandwagon and then reccomends what ever is "cool" at the moment, I think the next thing will just be having a clean ride, not just "typeR!!! style lips and black rims" clean.. hell I don't know.
Trends
Old 05-02-2003, 05:04 AM

Default Re: Im gonna get killed for this JDM = Ricer post (StinkyTofu)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by StinkyTofu &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Or how about the people who buy $1000-2000 JDM suspensions and never use it on the auto-x or road course? "Going on onramps is so much more fun now!"</TD></TR></TABLE>

I hate to see awsome suspension set ups that are uselessly dumped .0001" off the ground.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Im gonna get killed for this JDM = Ricer post