Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/)
-   -   I'm getting f'up Tire Wear!!!? (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/im-getting-fup-tire-wear-938589/)

lowRIDAH 07-26-2004 10:45 AM

I'm getting f'up Tire Wear!!!?

the tread on my rear tires is getting worn out just off the middle, more towards the outside. it's hapenning really fast. Why whould this be? are the tires over inflated??

ps this was going on even before i lowered the car.

thanks

_BEN_ 07-26-2004 10:48 AM

Re: I'm getting f'up Tire Wear!!!? (lowRIDAH)

having the middle of your tire wear is a symptom of over inflation so it could be that.

Your alignment could also be jacked to.

So check your tire pressure and if that fails go and get your car aligned. Some places offer a life time warranty (Ive heard) so maybe you can take the car back there and get it done for free when you upgrade your cars suspension.

JimmyAtlantis 07-26-2004 10:54 AM

Re: I'm getting f'up Tire Wear!!!? (_BEN_)

Go by the tire pressure Honda says to use - it's probably printed somewhere in the glove box and says 32psi - DO NOT go by the max psi on the tire.

94solchick 07-26-2004 11:00 AM

Also, check your camber, it could be f-ed up.

Setsuna F Seiei 07-26-2004 11:14 AM

Re: I'm getting f'up Tire Wear!!!? (honda92egchick)

If you're getting a wear pattern on ONE SIDE of the tire ONLY then that's camber wear. Middle of the tire wear pattern is overinflation, both outside sides of the tire is underinflation.

crashN2u 07-26-2004 12:03 PM

Re: I'm getting f'up Tire Wear!!!? (BrokeAssPinoy)

It could mean you need an alignment and/or camber adjustment.

SolObsession 07-26-2004 12:14 PM

Re: I'm getting f'up Tire Wear!!!? (crashN2u)

Like everyone else said, check your psi.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JRI94 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Go by the tire pressure Honda says to use - it's probably printed somewhere in the glove box and says 32psi - DO NOT go by the max psi on the tire.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Why do you say not to go by the tire's printed psi? I have always been under the impression that that is the best psi for that tire for daily driving.

Sijray21 07-26-2004 12:59 PM

Re: I'm getting f'up Tire Wear!!!? (SolObsession)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SolObsession &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Like everyone else said, check your psi.

Why do you say not to go by the tire's printed psi? I have always been under the impression that that is the best psi for that tire for daily driving.</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol, that's the maximum tire pressure for that tire under the load spec. Any more and it's unsafe. Go with 32 psi (in most Honda Manuals) all around can't go wrong with it (tire pressure is different for everycar under factory specs, but 32 is a good average). This is for daily driving right?

this problem is sounding like heavy over inflation. camber-wear will just wear the insides and toe wear will wear in patches. When was the last time you had an alignment?

timka 07-26-2004 01:19 PM

Re: I'm getting f'up Tire Wear!!!? (SolObsession)

yah man Im having same problems with my front tiers. I changed them last week. and that was the third time that I had to change them in 7 Months.

egyolk 07-26-2004 02:23 PM

over inflation

your tires need some tums https://honda-tech.com/forums/images...s/emsmileo.gif

lowRIDAH 07-26-2004 02:35 PM

Re: I'm getting f'up Tire Wear!!!? (oversteerINGS)

that's what i was suspecting, both tires are scrap so i'm getting new tires and geting alignment done.

thanks a lot

fishnfst 07-26-2004 02:55 PM

I get inside tire wear from toe adjustments and camber. My outside wear comes from hard cornering. Center wear means overinflation....

beaterdriver 07-26-2004 03:16 PM

what if the hub was bad, and caused the wheel to "shimmey", that is what is wrong with my car, the front driver side hub is bad and caused the wheel to vibrate and its wearing out the entire contact patch