Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

im a beginner

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2004, 12:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default im a beginner

if i've got a new all stock honda HB, wat should be the first part should i change or upgrade? for street or track racing..sori im just a beginner..can you guys help me??
Old 07-02-2004, 12:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what year/trim do you have?
Old 07-02-2004, 12:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (LsVtec92Hatch)

Your are headed down a long road.

First and foremost.

figure out what you want from you car.

You want crazy straight line speed?
You want to turn fast?
A little bit of both?
Show car?
Rice car?
pimp my ride type ****?

Once you figure out what you want from your car then you can get help from the great honda-tech.
Old 07-02-2004, 02:51 AM

Default Re: im a beginner (darwinrimando)

if it's an ek like mine!!
good alarm.
first good suspension
then what are u going to do if all motor or turbo this include motor.
lsd , clutch, flywheel etc.
nice breaks and rotors.
ctr lips.
rims with good tires.
nice seats maybe some recaros, sparco , bride , del sol , itr's anything that u like!!.
then a nice paint
ctr lights
cf hood
spoon wing
cf trunk
rollbars
bars
there is alot of u can do man just think!!!
good luck!!

Old 07-02-2004, 03:08 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LsVtec92Hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what year/trim do you have?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Looks like you're from PH, go to Evangelista in Makati City and go get a b16 or a jdmd15b. You should have an ef or eg, coz they didnt make hatchbacks here since 1995. Thant's a big job swapping a carb to efi. You will need a new fuel tank, replace the whole fuel system, re-harness the entire car, new cluster, new brakes.

Then its down to cosmetics. Don't worry if your car would turn out to be ricey, poeple dont notice it in PH.

Well thats if my assumption is correct considering the lack of detail to your post.
Goodluck!
Old 07-02-2004, 03:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LsVtec92Hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what year/trim do you have?</TD></TR></TABLE>

This has nothing to do with the question at hand

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by James Bond &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Your are headed down a long road.

First and foremost.

figure out what you want from you car.</TD></TR></TABLE>

He said:

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by darwinrimando &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if i've got a new all stock honda HB, wat should be the first part should i change or upgrade? for street or track racing..sori im just a beginner..can you guys help me??</TD></TR></TABLE>

Don't worry about power at the moment. Start with some nice lightweight wheels and tires (I don't recommend anything over 15") and suspension. Power won't mean **** if your car doesn't handle. And I would highly recommend autocrossing before you decide to go track racing.
Old 07-02-2004, 05:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JRI94)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JRI94 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Power won't mean **** if your car doesn't handle. And I would highly recommend autocrossing before you decide to go track racing.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree. If you just plan on driving on the street and auto-xing it also plan on getting better brake pads, brake fluid, and maybe some new rotors. A little down the road though, see how your brakes are at the moment, you might feel the need to upgrade later. Good brake pads and good rotors will go a long way. I say start with tires, (lightweight wheels if you choose, 15" is the biggest i'd recommend on a hatch), shocks, spring/coilovers, might need camber kits, swaybars, brake pads/rotors. In that order. I wouldn't do anything with the engine yet, i simply believe that the benefit:cost ratio isn't high enough as it is with suspension.

Also just like to emphasize that the most important purchase for your car will be the tires, don't stiff money on good tires for your car. Also choose tires that will serve the purpose you have for your car.
Old 07-02-2004, 06:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Sijray21)

If it were me:

Suspension
Wheels, tires
Brakes
Seats, rollbar, harness (no cage though if you're keeping it on the streets)
Turbo

Oh, and a bouncer to stand by it while you're in the movie theatre