Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

ignition problem:aftermarket alarm

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 03:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ignition problem:aftermarket alarm

well i am having a interm. problem with my ign switch. after driving the car i will turn it off and try to set the alarm,nothing happens.jump into car,try to start car. nothing at all. i pinned the problem down to the ignition switch and/or alarm system but i dont know how to test the alarm. does anyone with experience with alarms wanna tell me how to check for power,etc. its a alpine alarm,dont know much else cuz it was installed in my car beforei bought it. my thoughts are to remove ign. switch and remove any alarm wires connected to switch. just hoping to find someway of testing and pin pointing an exact problem so i can use my alarm. the alarm also runs my door locks (which the idiot before me broke the locks so i need to replace the entire lock assm. or fix teh alarm). any help would be great.
Old 05-24-2004, 04:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: ignition problem:aftermarket alarm (jameskersten1)

de ja vu here... I just picked up a car with an alpine alarm that has this same intermittent problem... Randomly I won't be able to start the car... Doesn't even attempt to turn over... It's so annoying... Hope you find the answers, I'll be looking into it soon if it keeps annoying me... If I find something before you do I'll let you know...
Old 05-24-2004, 05:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ignition problem:aftermarket alarm (HRTuning)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HRTuning &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">de ja vu here... I just picked up a car with an alpine alarm that has this same intermittent problem... Randomly I won't be able to start the car... Doesn't even attempt to turn over... It's so annoying... Hope you find the answers, I'll be looking into it soon if it keeps annoying me... If I find something before you do I'll let you know...</TD></TR></TABLE>

its something ign. switch related just dont know what yet. i will keep you posted.
Old 05-24-2004, 05:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: ignition problem:aftermarket alarm (jameskersten1)

Thanks man... I've just been driving my other cars... I don't have time to mess with it right now...
Old 05-24-2004, 09:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ignition problem:aftermarket alarm (HRTuning)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HRTuning &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thanks man... I've just been driving my other cars... I don't have time to mess with it right now...</TD></TR></TABLE>
wish i had that option but i dont so i will get it to honda(work) in the morning and take a peak after work.